Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gender Identity in Modern Ireland (Mod warnings and Threadbanned Users in OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,965 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

Gatling wrote: »
    I'm sure you deny that too ..

I will deny saying something I never said, because I never said that the HSE weren’t renewing the contract due to covid restrictions, that was something you came up with. I’ve read back on what I wrote to try and see where the misunderstanding arose but it’s clearly not just a misunderstanding, it’s your being obtuse. I never said the HSE weren’t renewing the contract due to any restrictions. I was responding to your suggesting that the HSE must have had some concerns that could have led to further possible legal actions.

You don’t offer anything by way of suggesting what possible legal actions you’re talking about, nor do you provide any evidence whatsoever that there must have been concerns within either the HSE or the Tavistock that the HSE decided to end the contract around the same time as the restrictions were put in place.

What possible concerns that could have led to further legal actions are you talking about? Where is your evidence to support your opinion that the HSE had any such concerns?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

I will deny saying something I never said, because I never said that

It's there in black and white you said it .

And yet your denying it claiming I misunderstood ,
    Lol spun so many claim's that you forget more chasing tails in circles ,

Sir Oxman wrote: »

Wonder if they were given to Children here under the advice of tavistock ,
    Been they were handed out like sweets in the UK

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Gruffalux

http://labourtransequality.org.uk/the-definition-of-transphobia/

A lobby group within UK Labour is seeking to have any claims that there is conflict between women's rights and trans rights included in official Labour Party definitions of transphobia.

See number 6 in the definition of transphobia in the statement linked.

• Advertisement

Gruffalux wrote: »
    http://labourtransequality.org.uk/the-definition-of-transphobia/

A lobby group within UK Labour is seeking to have any claims that there is conflict between women's rights and trans rights included in official Labour Party definitions of transphobia.

See number 6 in the definition of transphobia in the statement linked.
    The Lib Dems already have a ludicrous definition of transphobia in play which stops all talk of women's rights without deference to the ideology, otherwise expulsion.

And the Greens (UK) - devised by amongst other TRA's, Aimee Challenor (now Reddit supermod who was instrumental in getting any gender critical subreddits removed) and her father (in jail for raping a 10 year old in their family attic)

Nothing to see or worry about the extremist activists at all, at all.:rolleyes:

Wonder if they were given to Children here under the advice of tavistock ,
    Been they were handed out like sweets in the UK
    Maybe that's the startish date of CHI distancing themselves from the hotbed of incompetence, activism and ideology?

This is a heads up for all men out there under 40. If you are having sex without taking birth control measures you have an 80% chance of getting pregnant in the next year. Yes! :) The Good News homily for today is that the joy of the miracle of birth has now become available to all "people" but the bad news is you may get stretch marks on your lovely abs and your pecs are going to fill with milk and get ginormous. Sorry :( Almond oil from the start is good for keeping your skin stretchy.

https://twitter.com/sarahditum/status/1358769549664014342?s=19

8/10 people ,

Are they trying to cancel and erase women and woman all together

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

8/10 people

Why would they intentionally give false medical advice?

• Advertisement

Probably trying their best to be good and NOT say 8/10 uterus havers. The big fat silly billys.

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭ingalway

8/10 people ,

Are they trying to cancel and erase women and woman all together
    Yes, without doubt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

This is a heads up for all men out there under 40. If you are having sex without taking birth control measures you have an 80% chance of getting pregnant in the next year. Yes! :) The Good News homily for today is that the joy of the miracle of birth has now become available to all "people" but the bad news is you may get stretch marks on your lovely abs and your pecs are going to fill with milk and get ginormous. Sorry :( Almond oil from the start is good for keeping your skin stretchy.

https://twitter.com/sarahditum/status/1358769549664014342?s=19

Like, that’s actually ridiculous. In their haste to be inclusive, they have actually put out incorrect information. This is the UK’s national health service.

The human CHEST extends from the neck to the abdomen, and round to the sides, it contains the heart, lungs, ribs and sternum.

The Brighton and Sussex NHS hospital Trust have decided to stop referring to the unit as the Maternity Services Unit and to call it the Perinatal unit.
    Because God forbid that most fundamental of all words ''Mater'' should be included anywhere in modern life. Every single living creature has come from a female mother - that is just a fact.

Breast feeding should be swapped for chest feeding, the Trust says, even though as I have explained above a chest does not produce milk - that is not what a chest does. Breasts contain mammary glands which produce milk.

The Trust decries what it calls ''biological essentialism''. This is so fcuking ridiculous for an organisation that manages biological medical care. The essence of the biological reality of things underpins everything medics do.

For the moment the Trust says midwives (soon to be midpersons, surely!) can still call a woman a woman - thanks ever so much. But should start broadening their terms to include person, and calling breast milk human milk, and calling the father the co-parent. Etc.

I mean can they not just issue guidance that says if a transgender person shows up pregnant then you should address that person as they wish to be addressed. But for the other 99.5% of people who are pregnant you should openly and shamelessly still talk about their breasts, fannies, womanhood, motherhood, breastmilk, and so on.

I have to link the daily mail as the times and Telegraph are behind paywalls

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9241217/Hospital-tells-midwives-use-terms-like-birthing-parents-human-milk.html

• Registered Users Posts: 18,497 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

''biological essentialism'' hmmm? do they mean, reality, facts, mother nature, science?

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

silverharp wrote: »
    ''biological essentialism'' hmmm? do they mean, reality, facts, mother nature, science?

Mother Nature!! Mother Earth!! These are deeply transphobic phrases, silverharp. :eek: They are no longer acceptable. Our Parent Earth is so much more poetic, parent nature, pronouns they, it.

:rolleyes: Honestly I go between a mix of bitter satire, anger and laughter at this stupidity.
    Some days I just think fcuk it, let it all burn, because it is only when all this advances in policy and practice to its inherent levels of moronity that a lot of people will realise its implications.
    It will take women's sport to be ruined at the college levels and global top levels, women and girls to be raped in appreciable numbers in prisons, rape refuges, public facilities, women to have zero choice when it comes to intimate medical care or strip searching, increasing loss of political representation to trans identifying people, increasing loss of representation in awards, grants etc, and a tidal wave of young people who have been incredibly harmfully impacted by gender confusion ideology leading to childhood suppression of puberty, and intake of cross sex hormones in youth and devastating irreversible surgeries, before people realise this has been wrong from the start. There is no need for trans rights to rip the heart out of the reality of the existence of women and girls.

Remember the most common surgery in this whole area is mastectomy. Women and increasingly young girls having their breasts surgically removed. This is by far the biggest money spinner. Hysterectomy is also big. This is what this ideology means in practice, apart from the erasure of woman and mother and breast etc from language. Breast augmentation or sexy facial feminisation surgery is peanuts compared to a shriveled up infected uterus and vagina, and cut off breasts, in an autistic young girl whose brain has not yet reached maturity.

They wouldn’t, would be my guess, certainly they wouldn’t be giving out medical advice, nor would they have intended for it to be taken as medical advice, nor as far as I know is it relevant to anyone outside England and Wales, the areas covered by the National Health Service. Worth a read of their T&Cs -

4 Medical information

The NHS website provides medical information for use as information or for educational purposes. We do not warrant that information we provide will meet your health or medical requirements. It is up to you to contact a health professional if you are concerned about your health.

The NHS website does not give medical advice in relation to any individual case or patient, nor does The NHS website provide medical or diagnostic services.

If you are a medical or health professional then you are encouraged to use the NHS website for general information purposes. However, you should not rely on material included on the NHS website and we do not accept any responsibility if you do.

Terms and conditions

Their content policy makes for a good read too by way of explaining their odd use of language.

If I’m concerned about my health, I make an appointment with my GP rather than using Dr. Google, the NHS A - Z, or the HSE A - Z (sourced from the NHS A - Z) for that matter.

I expect the same proportion of people (8 out of 10) will know the NHS are referring to women, it’s not as though anyone here just landed on the planet, like this guy, who’s not really a GP (he uses Dr. Google), he finds out that ‘tit’ is not the preferred term for breast -

Good. Now let’s get a look at that tit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭mohawk

The human CHEST extends from the neck to the abdomen, and round to the sides, it contains the heart, lungs, ribs and sternum.

The Brighton and Sussex NHS hospital Trust have decided to stop referring to the unit as the Maternity Services Unit and to call it the Perinatal unit.
    Because God forbid that most fundamental of all words ''Mater'' should be included anywhere in modern life. Every single living creature has come from a female mother - that is just a fact.

Breast feeding should be swapped for chest feeding, the Trust says, even though as I have explained above a chest does not produce milk - that is not what a chest does. Breasts contain mammary glands which produce milk.

The Trust decries what it calls ''biological essentialism''. This is so fcuking ridiculous for an organisation that manages biological medical care. The essence of the biological reality of things underpins everything medics do.

For the moment the Trust says midwives (soon to be midpersons, surely!) can still call a woman a woman - thanks ever so much. But should start broadening their terms to include person, and calling breast milk human milk, and calling the father the co-parent. Etc.

I mean can they not just issue guidance that says if a transgender person shows up pregnant then you should address that person as they wish to be addressed. But for the other 99.5% of people who are pregnant you should openly and shamelessly still talk about their breasts, fannies, womanhood, motherhood, breastmilk, and so on.

I have to link the daily mail as the times and Telegraph are behind paywalls

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9241217/Hospital-tells-midwives-use-terms-like-birthing-parents-human-milk.html

Who would of believed it a decade ago if we were told there would be a push to tell lies to protect a tiny minority from hearing the truth.

Taking the word mother away from women when they are in process of becoming one. The word birthing parent sounds like surrogacy. The word parent is useful in some scenarios but the word mother is the true reflection of what I am to my child.

mohawk wrote: »
    Who would of believed it a decade ago if we were told there would be a push to tell lies to protect a tiny minority from hearing the truth.

Taking the word mother away from women when they are in process of becoming one. The word birthing parent sounds like surrogacy. The word parent is useful in some scenarios but the word mother is the true reflection of what I am to my child.

There is tragedy in it. Tragedy and insult.

If I was to let my mind roam a bit further I think some of it is part of the wider deconstruction of the family. (And even the human). I think of people like Sophie Lewis (wusband of the trans woman writer of the utterly stupid In Defense of Looting - Vicki Osterweil ) who wrote Surrogacy Now, about collectivising the ''labour'' of motherhood and family rearing. If one looks at what happened to the natural bonds of family under Maoism and so on, it is tragic and sinister, children ratting out their parents for wrong think etc. Anyways.

I think of people like Sophie Lewis (wusband of the trans woman writer of the utterly stupid In Defense of Looting - Vicki Osterweil ) who wrote Surrogacy Now, about collectivising the ''labour'' of motherhood and family rearing.

Or rather, to give the book its full title - “Full Surrogacy Now: Feminism Against Family”.

It’s partially about collective motherhood and family rearing, practiced in many cultures around the world, but it’s mostly concerned with recognising pregnancy, childbirth and child rearing as women’s labour which should be recognised by society. The book recognises all forms of pregnancy, childbirth and child rearing as opposed to just focusing on one single aspect of motherhood and child rearing which the author argues should be recognised by society as women’s labour.

We have a tokenistic nod to the value of motherhood in Ireland in our Constitution which a small group of feminists who claim to represent Irish women (the NWCI) are campaigning to have removed -

Article 41.2.1:

"In particular, the State recognises that by her life within the home, woman gives to the State a support without which the common good cannot be achieved.

"The State shall, therefore, endeavour to ensure that mothers shall not be obliged by economic necessity to engage in labour to the neglect of their duties in the home."

There are nearly half a million women working in the home in Ireland whose value to society is often not recognised, because theirs is not a tangible contribution to our economic bubble growth.

• Advertisement

mohawk wrote: »

This is my issue with it all - being expected to lie.

"This person with a prostate and xy chromosomes is a woman"

"No, they're not"

"You have to say they are if you are to be considered a good person"

"But it's not true"

"SAY IT!!!!"

Saying someone is a trans woman is zero problem at all. I don't know why it cannot be a thing in itself. Of course it is real. Trans men are real and bloody ordinary if that is what they want to do to themselves. Crikey, people do things to themselves and live in all manner of ways.
    It means the person is expressing themselves socially, or after surgery and hormones, as the OPPOSITE sex to that which they were born. For gender dysphoria, for reasons of discomfort or incongruence, for artistic expression, or for sexual satisfaction purposes (which is by far the most people claimed under the trans ''umbrella'' as cross dressers outnumber transsexuals by very large amounts), do whatever you need to get by.

This is another one of the very bizarre things about this enforced speech and belief. Trans woman is a woman cannot make logical sense when the very existence of the word TRANS means OPPOSITE.

So the very word ''trans'' must be transphobic in its essence as it contains the evidence and precise indication that the person has ''moved'' in some manner from the opposite sex.

This is my issue with it all - being expected to lie.

"This person with a prostate and xy chromosomes is a woman"

"No, they're not"

"You have to say they are if you are to be considered a good person"

"But it's not true"

"SAY IT!!!!"

Nobody expects anyone to lie?

Since you’re all about being honest with people, when was the last time you had an encounter anything even remotely like the hypothetical scenario you’ve given above?

Your complaint is very similar to some people’s claims that they are forced to lie to children in teaching religion in religious ethos schools. Nobody expects anyone to lie; they expect that the adults they employ to fulfil a role are capable of carrying out their duties according to the terms of their employment. Nobody is actually being forced to do anything, and they are free to seek alternative employment if they find they cannot fulfil the expectations and duties of the role which are expected of them.

It shouldn’t need to be pointed out, but there’s more to practicing medicine or education than just science.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭McFly85

In the majority of general social situations it just wouldn’t come up. There’s no reason to differentiate between a biological woman and a trans woman.

But there’s lots of situations where it will matter, when it comes to medical practices, dating/relationships, some work situations etc.

It’s fair to say that trans women shouldn’t expect that the fact they’re trans should dominate their lives, but also accept that there’s some situations that the distinction is important.

As you are quite aware Jack i was not attempting to recount an actual conversation but rather to convey an idea in a clear, brief and succinct manner, something you ought to try some time.

Half of the worlds population are women ,in many countries women have had to fight for their rights and equality ,and in some parts of the alot of women still don't have rights or equality and treated as 3rd class citizens ,yet in the last 3-4 years we have this cohort trying to erase women ,woman ,girl ,under the false guise of inclusiveness for a small number of men who self identify as a woman ,the majority who will never transition other than on social media posts ,
    If you decide your trans ,then your trans your not a woman ,you don't menstruate ,you don't get cervical cancer ,or need specialist womens medical attention ,you cannot get pregnant or carry a child or breastfeed , because your man yes you believe your a woman but your not ,
    To feint outrage or scream abuse when someone talk's about periods , getting pregnant and having babies , breast and cervical checks not being inclusive that because they are for women ,not men who want it every which way while claiming offense to everything , service , medical information that mentions the word "woman"
    It's embarrassing nothing more

• Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭km991148

Half of the worlds population are women ,in many countries women have had to fight for their rights and equality ,and in some parts of the alot of women still don't have rights or equality and treated as 3rd class citizens ,yet in the last 3-4 years we have this cohort trying to erase women ,woman ,girl ,under the false guise of inclusiveness for a small number of men who self identify as a woman ,the majority who will never transition other than on social media posts ,
    If you decide your trans ,then your trans your not a woman ,you don't menstruate ,you don't get cervical cancer ,or need specialist womens medical attention ,you cannot get pregnant or carry a child or breastfeed , because your man yes you believe your a woman but your not ,
    To feint outrage or scream abuse when someone talk's about periods , getting pregnant and having babies , breast and cervical checks not being inclusive that because they are for women ,not men who want it every which way while claiming offense to everything , service , medical information that mentions the word "woman"
    It's embarrassing nothing more

Ah finally I'll bite again.. this is a very confused post and it doesn't really reflect a reality outside the one in your head. For a start.. what has the pregnancy discussion over the last couple of days got to do with men or transwomen? Who is crying about period talk? The same random types on twitter that get easily triggered over every little thing? Who is saying that women are being erased? No one is looking at a mother and baby together and thinking - oh look adult human with baby human.

There really is a lack of coherence, it's frankly pretty hard to counter point after point in this way.

I'd also be really curious as to what actions you have taken in real life to ensure this equality that you claim to care about. Ranting of forums doesn't count tbh

(And why do I now feel like I've just fed the trolls?)

As you are quite aware Jack i was not attempting to recount an actual conversation but rather to convey an idea in a clear, brief and succinct manner, something you ought to try some time.

I am quite aware of what you were doing, that’s why I asked when was the last time you had an encounter even remotely like the hypothetical scenario you had given above? You avoided the question rather than give an honest answer, fair enough.

The idea you were conveying is that you’re intending to make up things to complain about that simply aren’t a reflection of reality or the truth you appear to care so much about. It was nothing more than an attempt to generate moral panic over something you just made up in your head.

I guess as long as we understand each other, that’s the most important thing.

km991148 wrote: »
    Ah finally I'll bite again.. this is a very confused post and it doesn't really reflect a reality outside the one in your head.

(And why do I now feel like I've just fed the trolls?)

I think it's the other way around ......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭km991148

I think it's the other way around ......

I guess agree to disagree, but I am not really contradicting myself every 2nd or 3rd post (or even within the same post).

Twitter is twitter, its only slightly less real than this place. Lots of incoming outrage from "outraged" tweets..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement