Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gender Identity in Modern Ireland (Mod warnings and Threadbanned Users in OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Vic_08

LLMMLL wrote: »

He self-declared as a woman, isn't that the very thing you're arguing for?

Or are you finally admitting the whole concept is lunacy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

In this experimental instance, I don't think he's the loon.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭jmlad2020

He does look like a transexual in transition. Good for him for exposing this loophole.

The girls who came 3rd and 4th missed out on some medals and higher places. Shame

• Registered Users Posts: 23,969 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

Gatling wrote: »
    He's a man that came second place in a women's race at trinity college ,some might say it's a little transpobic to call them a loon after all they did say they were female

I hadn’t expected anyone would take that story seriously (apart from some humourless dry shytes), certainly the chap himself wasn’t taking it seriously, nor were a lot of the competitors it seems in a 5k fun run where both men and women participated together, and lo and behold, no competitors were attacked by stray mickeys that had gotten a mind of their own and detached themselves from any male bodied persons.

https://twitter.com/ConOg_OL/status/1359915460087713793?s=20

Cowards not men ,

Imagine not having the testicles to make a stand or say what you think due to being afraid of cancellation agenda crowd ,
    It's not about inclusive language it's about erasing women

Isn’t that the reason hypothesised by some people as the reason why more people aren’t ‘speaking out’ against the men who are pushing the transgender agenda? Not because they don’t have testicles, but because they say they’ll be ‘cancelled’, or could lose their jobs, etc, etc.

We might finally agree on something - they are cowards, both men and women who make excuses and play the victim game. It hasn’t done their careers any harm though, and some of the same people are making more money gritting than they would ever have made from their former regular job.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Gruffalux

It hasn’t done their careers any harm though, and some of the same people are making more money gritting than they would ever have made from their former regular job.

Do you know who is making money? Surgeons and pharmaceutical companies and gender counsellors and NGOs pushing affirmative treatment on young people, including via publicly sponsored gender confusion ''education'' programs.

This leads to real life tragedies. Yesterday I read the depositions made by doctors protesting harassment by a 21 year old natal male who had suffered mental health issues since childhood. No less than 2 US surgeons had taken it upon themselves to operate drastically upon this young person - first to cut off their penis and scrotum, and then not once but twice to attempt to create a neovagina for them, which has resulted in terrible pain and disfigurement. The surgeons did these procedures while admittedly knowing before hand that the patient had extremely unrealistic ideas about what a neovagina would look/feel like and completely unreal expectations about how reversible the procedure could ever be. In other words they sliced off functioning body parts knowing the patient was not mentally fit or well. Within a week of their second vaginoplasty the disturbed young person was asking for the operation to be undone.

Extract from report. I am not going to link the post as it is very disturbing to see the unfortunate physical state in which the youth has been left. Mutilated is the appropriate word for it.
    These are the real life issues that are affecting vulnerable people - and they have been wholly facilitated by the promotion of gender theory ideology which has allowed medical practitioners to set up lucrative practices to supposedly change sex. These practitioners are often preying on very young and vulnerable people. They are cutting breasts off vulnerable girls ever more and more. Cutting out their wombs. As Suzanne Moore said above the bloody gory nuts and bolts reality of all of this should be called out all the time. It is something I have regularly chosen to do, as the cerebral stuff is for those who will not look at where the rubber hits the road.

Edit I will try and embed the screenshots in next post - why the hell is it not easy to do this.

f1iQv1

f1iyCv

gender op 2.jpg

Cannot make embed. Oh well.

Gruffalux wrote: »
    Do you know who is making money? Surgeons and pharmaceutical companies and gender counsellors and NGOs pushing affirmative treatment on young people, including via publicly sponsored gender confusion ''education'' programs.

Yes, they’re making money too, as well as the grifters who are making money for themselves by whipping up moral panic about the transgender agenda and misogyny perpetuated by men with their associated male violence against adult human females and children and all the rest of it.

There are a number of issues involved which are far more complex than you’re making out, such as the example of Dr. Helen Webberley - some people see her as a saviour, I do not. Or the recent bill introduced by California State Senator Scott Wiener (yes, that Scott Wiener who was branded a paedophile when he proposed a Bill to end discrimination in sex offences legislation) to ban medically unnecessary surgeries on children which was shot down in the Senate.

Fortunately, we don’t live in the States, where if you have the money, you’ll have no problem finding medical professionals with loose morals and questionable ethics, though they are by far in a minority as opposed to the vast majority of medical professionals who care about their patients and will refuse to perform procedures in many cases.

As Suzanne Moore said above the bloody gory nuts and bolts reality of all of this should be called out all the time. It is something I have regularly chosen to do, as the cerebral stuff is for those who will not look at where the rubber hits the road.

Y’know who’d love that? Jessica Yanniv would love that. Everyone else will just see it for what it is - a disingenuous attempt to be provocative and attention seeking which is in all reality just disgusting. I’m not the least bit surprised a journalist would come up with such a stupid idea, went down so well for Tampax and all, it’s not like any women actually found the advertising campaign disgusting even though it only hinted at the idea of educating females in the proper use of the product -

ps. To embed images, replace the { } in the following with [ ]

{IMG} link {/IMG}

Well thanks for the info on embedding.

Other than that here is a complete narcissist of a gender surgeon (from Ireland now resident in the US) tiktoking with the kids about yeeting the teets. She calls herself proudly Dr Teetus Deletus.

https://www.tiktok.com/@gendersurgeon?is_copy_url=1&is_from_webapp=v2

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

This leads to real life tragedies. Yesterday I read the depositions made by doctors protesting harassment by a 21 year old natal male who had suffered mental health issues since childhood. No less than 2 US surgeons had taken it upon themselves to operate drastically upon this young person - first to cut off their penis and scrotum, and then not once but twice to attempt to create a neovagina for them, which has resulted in terrible pain and disfigurement. The surgeons did these procedures while admittedly knowing before hand that the patient had extremely unrealistic ideas about what a neovagina would look/feel like and completely unreal expectations about how reversible the procedure could ever be. In other words they sliced off functioning body parts knowing the patient was not mentally fit or well. Within a week of their second vaginoplasty the disturbed young person was asking for the operation to be undone.

Extract from report. I am not going to link the post as it is very disturbing to see the unfortunate physical state in which the youth has been left. Mutilated is the appropriate word for it.
    These are the real life issues that are affecting vulnerable people - and they have been wholly facilitated by the promotion of gender theory ideology which has allowed medical practitioners to set up lucrative practices to supposedly change sex. These practitioners are often preying on very young and vulnerable people. They are cutting breasts off vulnerable girls ever more and more. Cutting out their wombs. As Suzanne Moore said above the bloody gory nuts and bolts reality of all of this should be called out all the time. It is something I have regularly chosen to do, as the cerebral stuff is for those who will not look at where the rubber hits the road.

Edit I will try and embed the screenshots in next post - why the hell is it not easy to do this.

f1iQv1

f1iyCv

That’s heartbreaking. I watched a video by a transgender woman once where she explained why she will not be having bottom surgery and it was for this reason. She said that she knows it won’t look or function like a vagina, she knows that that fact will almost certainly cause her mental distress and on a practical level, she knows that maintenance of a neovagina is fraught with complications and even danger as you are basically trying to keep a wound open but also trying to stop it from getting infected. It was an interesting and refreshing video to watch.

Some anti Europe, anti immigration, anti lockdown, anti trans guy came second in a women’s race in trinity.

"They" identified as a woman.

What makes "their" claim less valid than any other trans person?

I'd be very interested in what parameters must be met in order for you to accept that a person identifies as a man or a woman.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

That’s heartbreaking. I watched a video by a transgender woman once where she explained why she will not be having bottom surgery and it was for this reason. She said that she knows it won’t look or function like a vagina, she knows that that fact will almost certainly cause her mental distress and on a practical level, she knows that maintenance of a neovagina is fraught with complications and even danger as you are basically trying to keep a wound open but also trying to stop it from getting infected. It was an interesting and refreshing video to watch.

It's nothing more than science experiments on vulnerable people including Children ,they know they are suffering mental illness and yet they convince them it's safe and their new vaginas will be just like a real woman's ,but it far from it ,
    Something needs to be do to protect vulnerable people from these experiments ,

Well thanks for the info on embedding.

Other than that here is a complete narcissist of a gender surgeon (from Ireland now resident in the US) tiktoking with the kids about yeeting the teets. She calls herself proudly Dr Teetus Deletus.

https://www.tiktok.com/@gendersurgeon?is_copy_url=1&is_from_webapp=v2

Dunno if I’d call her a narcissist, bit of a tit maybe (Dr. Helen Webberly I would have no qualms about qualifying her as the standard for narcissistic tendencies), but I did find an interesting Q&A with her in an Irish Times article from 2018 when I searched for her name on Google-

Meet the Irish surgeon changing lives for transgender Americans

I think it’s fair to say I can understand her reasoning for leaving Ireland and practicing in the US -

I studied medicine at UCD followed by a year in the Mater in Dublin as an intern. I left Ireland in 2006 to pursue a career in surgery. I was worried that back then it was somewhat an “old boys’ club”. There was, at the time, only one female consultant surgeon in the Mater Hospital. Since coming to the US, I did eight more years of formal training - five years in Philadelphia doing general surgery followed by three years here in Indianapolis doing plastic surgery.

I'd be very interested in what parameters must be met in order for you to accept that a person identifies as a man or a woman.

He said himself he only did it to make a point. At no point did he ever claim to be transgender. He pretended to be offended at the suggestion that he was a man -

“I registered online and clicked a box saying I was female. When I came to collect my race number from the Trinity Sports Centre, the lady there said “So you’re male?” as she went to make an adjustment to her spreadsheet. In a slightly triggered tone I said “No, I am female”, and that solved the matter.

“Seeing as it was a once off I don’t think Trinity Sport would risk incurring the wrath of the woke in their very heartland.”

He said himself he only did it to make a point. At no point did he ever claim to be transgender. He pretended to be offended at the suggestion that he was a man -

“I registered online and clicked a box saying I was female. When I came to collect my race number from the Trinity Sports Centre, the lady there said “So you’re male?” as she went to make an adjustment to her spreadsheet. In a slightly triggered tone I said “No, I am female”, and that solved the matter.

“Seeing as it was a once off I don’t think Trinity Sport would risk incurring the wrath of the woke in their very heartland.”

So they said they was a female. Is that not saying they were transgender?

Again, what is your litmus test?

Does this incident not show that the assertion that people should be free to decide if they are men or women is nonsense?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

There is no test (aka gatekeeper) if someone says they are a woman then they are a woman. No ifs, no buts.

So they said they was a female. Is that not saying they were transgender?

Does this incident not show that the assertion that people should be free to decide if they are men or women is nonsense?

What’s nonsense is your expecting I’m going to take your facetiousness seriously.

I’ve already pointed you to where he said himself he was only doing it to make a point. He doesn’t claim to be transgender, and even a man claiming to be female is not the same thing as a man claiming to be transgender.

I don’t have a litmus test, but the litmus test for the organisers of that particular event was simply based upon good faith that there wouldn’t be anyone looking to act the prick. Turns out they were mistaken in their belief that there wouldn’t be at least one individual looking to act the prick, but that shouldn’t reflect on other people. The responsibility for acting the prick rests entirely on his shoulders.

And no, this particular incident doesn’t show anything of the sort. All it shows is that there’s always going to be one prick who will act like a prick.

What’s nonsense is your expecting I’m going to take your facetiousness seriously.

He doesn’t claim to be transgender, and even a man claiming to be female is not the same thing as a man claiming to be transgender.

And no, this particular incident doesn’t show anything of the sort. All it shows is that there’s always going to be one prick who will act like a prick.

He told race officials he identified as female ,
    It's that exactly what it's been discussed people who self identify as something they are not .

Now it's ohh ohh we've changed our mind only certain men can identify as woman while others can not .

I'm finding this quite amusing

He just demonstrated how self identification can be abused by ANYONE. Which is what people have been saying from the beginning. It was never about being ''mean'' to transgender people. It is about the incoherency and lack of safe guarding in self ID.

• Advertisement

He told race officials he identified as female ,
    It's that exactly what it's been discussed people who self identify as something they are not .

Now it's ohh ohh we've changed our mind only certain men can identify as woman while others can not .

I'm finding this quite amusing

Who’s changing their mind? I wasn’t one of the organisers of the race, but I’d simply have told him to piss off.

I wasn’t one of the organisers of the race, but I’d simply have told him to piss off.

But that's transpobic ,

We've been repeatedly told in this thread men who identify as women are real women now's it's oh wait only when it suits someone else

Who’s changing their mind? I wasn’t one of the organisers of the race, but I’d simply have told him to piss off.

Why? On what grounds would you have told them to piss off?

Because he was obviously a male?

Either it is perfectly acceptable for people to self declare as whatever they choose or it isn't.

Yet you say you'd tell someone to piss of and deny them that right and not believe them?

Inconsistent.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭volchitsa

I’ve already pointed you to where he said himself he was only doing it to make a point. He doesn’t claim to be transgender, and even a man claiming to be female is not the same thing as a man claiming to be transgender.

I don’t have a litmus test, but the litmus test for the organisers of that particular event was simply based upon good faith that there wouldn’t be anyone looking to act the prick. Turns out they were mistaken in their belief that there wouldn’t be at least one individual looking to act the prick, but that shouldn’t reflect on other people. The responsibility for acting the prick rests entirely on his shoulders.

But he did claim to be transgender, long enough to register for and then run the race.

A bit like the guy in Credit Suisse who claims to be a woman a few days a week and a man the rest of the time. Do you think they're being a prick too?

He just demonstrated how self identification can be abused by ANYONE. Which is what people have been saying from the beginning. It was never about being ''mean'' to transgender people. It is about the incoherency and lack of safe guarding in self ID.

No he didn’t? Self-ID in Irish law had no bearing on the example being used to demonstrate abuse of a law which wasn’t even relevant in this context! Self-ID was brought in to recognise the right of everyone in Irish society to their gender identity (whether they are transgender or not), and to prevent discrimination against people on the basis of gender identity in Irish law.

The man in the example was not discriminated against, in an event where both men and women participated alongside each other in a 5k fun run. This guy chose to try and make a point which really he failed to do on two fronts (three if we’re counting the idea that men are a danger to women and children) - he didn’t romp home in first place in spite of being a man running in the women’s category (participants were judged on their times), and his participation didn’t kill women’s participation in the event, and his participation wasn’t based upon anything to do with Self-ID legislation in Irish law.

There’s no lack of safeguarding in Irish law, which applies to everyone equally - commit an offence against the State, liable to be prosecuted. That has nothing to do with Self-ID which is only concerned with upholding the right of everyone in Irish society to participate equally in society without discrimination as to their gender identity. There are exemptions provided for in Irish law where discrimination would not be regarded as unlawful.

The example being used in this case is not the ‘gotcha!’ some people imagine it is.

l
    The example being used in this case is not the ‘gotcha!’ some people imagine it is.

You would have told "him" to piss off. Why?

• Registered Users Posts: 41,080 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

He ticked on a box on a form in order to mock trans people. He doesnt identify as a woman.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

He ticked on a box on a form in order to mock trans people. He doesnt identify as a woman.

And how can we distinguish between people who are serious and not?

I thought your opinion was that we accept people for whatever gender they claim to be without question.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

He ticked on a box on a form in order to mock trans people Self ID. He doesnt identify as a woman.

A slight adjustment there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41,080 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

And how can we distinguish between people who are serious and not?

I thought your opinion was that we accept people for whatever gender they claim to be without question.

He admitted himself he's not serious. Why are you taking him seriously when he said himself hes not serious?

This was an attention seeking stunt in order to draw attention to himself, draw attention to his political causes and mock trans people. So yeah I agree with OEJ he is a prick.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement