Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gender Identity in Modern Ireland (Mod warnings and Threadbanned Users in OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

LLMMLL wrote: »
    Lol it’s pure fiction.

But it's not ,

But it's not the 1-20 to time someone has played fake news in here

• Registered Users Posts: 4,590 ✭✭✭LLMMLL

Gatling wrote: »
    But it's not ,

But it's not the 1-20 to time someone has played fake news in here

This is unbelievable. A new poster wrote a hypothetical outlandish scenario and you are now trying to peddle this as fact?

This is unbelievable. A new poster wrote a hypothetical outlandish scenario and you are now trying to peddle this as fact?

Actually it's not the first time it was brought up and yet you appear again on a wind up mission for the upteenth time ,the fact your denying the fact a woman could find herself in a dangerous situation based off believing they are meeting another lesbian for a hook up but a man arrives that situation could get violent ,

• Registered Users Posts: 41,081 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Actually it's not the first time it was brought up and yet you appear again on a wind up mission for the upteenth time ,the fact your denying the fact a woman could find herself in a dangerous situation based off believing they are meeting another lesbian for a hook up but a man arrives that situation could get violent ,

The fiction above was the wind up mission

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Any evidence of this made up story?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,573 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

Gruffalux wrote: »
    Just for a little bit of fun, I saw this tweet today and it makes me really nose laugh helplessly - it's a witty remark :)

https://twitter.com/OnlyIndieRadio/status/1364895807984517121?s=20

"One is not born a big ender, one becomes a big ender" ��

Off topic, but reminded me of this from Gulivers Travels

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lilliput_and_Blefuscu#History_and_politics
    Traditionally, Lilliputians broke boiled eggs on the larger end; a few generations ago, an Emperor of Lilliput, the Present Emperor's great-grandfather, had decreed that all eggs be broken on the smaller end after his son cut himself breaking the egg on the larger end. The differences between Big-Endians (those who broke their eggs at the larger end) and Little-Endians had given rise to "six rebellions ... wherein one Emperor lost his life, and another his crown". The Lilliputian religion says an egg should be broken on the convenient end, which is now interpreted by the Lilliputians as the smaller end. The Big-Endians gained favour in Blefuscu.
    Also:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Endianness
    In computing, endianness is the order or sequence of bytes of a word of digital data in computer memory. Endianness is primarily expressed as big-endian (BE) or little-endian (LE). A big-endian system stores the most significant byte of a word at the smallest memory address and the least significant byte at the largest. A little-endian system, in contrast, stores the least-significant byte at the smallest address. Endianness may also be used to describe the order in which the bits are transmitted over a communication channel, e.g., big-endian in a communications channel transmits the most significant bits first.

Bi-endianness is a feature supported by numerous computer architectures that feature switchable endianness in data fetches and stores or for instruction fetches.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭Cestmoi 111

Are there any dating apps that are just for Adult Human Female lesbians (ie Lesbians)?

And indeed are there any dating apps that are just for Adult Human Males who identify as lesbian (ie Transbians)?

Be interesting to see the match rate of the latter category on both platforms.
    I’ve seen loads of transwomen say they don’t want to be with other transwomen cos it triggers their dysphoria. Riddle me that:confused:

Are there any dating apps that are just for Adult Human Female lesbians (ie Lesbians)?

And indeed are there any dating apps that are just for Adult Human Males who identify as lesbian (ie Transbians)?

Be interesting to see the match rate of the latter category on both platforms.
    I’ve seen loads of transwomen say they don’t want to be with other transwomen cos it triggers their dysphoria. Riddle me that:confused:

Why would there be?

There are both trans women and trans men on Grindr. It causes no issues.

You’re basically proposing that trans people have their own dating ghettoes.

Gruffalux wrote: »
    Just for a little bit of fun, I saw this tweet today and it makes me really nose laugh helplessly - it's a witty remark :)

https://twitter.com/OnlyIndieRadio/status/1364895807984517121?s=20

We really are someway between Through the Looking Glass, Guliver’s Travel and 1984.

Why would there be?

There are both trans women and trans men on Grindr. It causes no issues.

You’re basically proposing that trans people have their own dating ghettoes.

I would propose that lesbians have their own dating ghettoes.

• Advertisement

I would propose that lesbians have their own dating ghettoes.

Why? I’m assuming you mean cis women lesbians. What issues are facing the current apps that do not explicitly exclude trans women lesbians? Have many of your lesbian friends complained about trans women on their apps? Because I know quite a few lesbians and it’s not an issue for them at all.

Why? I’m assuming you mean cis women lesbians.

What's wrong with just lesbians

I’ll reply to you once you’ve provided evidence of this group of cis Herero men secretly trying to trick lesbians into sleeping with them. Still waiting.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭CtevenSrowder

Any evidence of this made up story?

Another example of the kind of logic we have to deal with here.

Cool

Lets make this into a back and forth list of every single nasty comment on the internet. At the least the lies above about it all being one sided will be exposed.

€20 on Gruffalux.

Because men can be lesbians nowadays.

€20 on Gruffalux.

This comment sums it all up. It’s just a game to followers of the TERF ideology. For some people this is actually an important issue.

Some positive news from the US:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/feb/25/rachel-levine-assistant-health-secretary-senate-confirmation-hearing-historic?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

Unfortunately Rachel has faced a lot of transphobic abuse in her recent role. But overall the US is making very positive steps.

The fiction above was the wind up mission
    I always think its fascinating how people speak for lesbians on here but when actual lesbians did engage in the discussion - they were dismissed because they didnt agree with all the laughable constructed myths that the existence of trans women is somehow homophobic.

Was the above a windup mission aswell? You never provided any evidence that anyone suggested that the existence of trans-women was homophobic

I’ll reply to you once you’ve provided evidence of this group of Herero men

The Graham lenihan chap posted it on his blog do Keep up

• Advertisement

The Graham lenihan chap posted it on his blog do Keep up

Can you post the link? I looked at his blog and saw nothing supporting what you are saying.

Because men can be lesbians nowadays.

Yeah we have been discussing the idea of a cohort trying to essentially erase women ,but if you take a look at their idea that a man with a beard ,penis and testicles is a lesbian it's another attack trying to erase women and womanhood lesbians are to be erased by the same chort ,men can be lesbians amazing in some parts of you were to say that you would be considered homophobic .
    But here oh no men are lesbians ,men are women ,

No .

Can you post the link? I looked at his blog and saw nothing supporting what you are saying.

We're after being discussing , your mate claims be was mocking women ,now your saying the complete opposite at least try get your stories straight .

Lol

We're after being discussing , your mate claims be was mocking women ,now your saying the complete opposite at least try get your stories straight .

Lol

If you’re talking about Joey, he said that graham linehan posted a pic of a trans woman to make fun of her appearance.

You said that straight men are pretending to be trans to get gay women to sleep with them.

How are these two things related? This is so odd...

This comment sums it all up. It’s just a game to followers of the TERF ideology. For some people this is actually an important issue.

Yikes no, no terf ideology in that comment.
    It was purely in response to Joeytheparrot’s comment to Gruffalux that they should
    “make this into a back and forth list of every single nasty comment on the internet”.
    I thought that was clear because I posted him before commenting.

Also just to reply to your last query to me LLMMLL, yes I’ve heard complaints from lesbian friends and acquaintances about trans identified males in lesbian dating apps. Apparently it makes it nearly impossible to navigate the app as a lesbian. And they often get screenshotted and reported for transphobia if they try to explain that they don’t date transpeople.

You said that straight men are pretending to be trans to get gay women .

I'd be more concerned about men mocking lesbians by posting pictures of themselves with beards then claiming to be Lesbian.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭...Ghost...

Lol it’s pure fiction.

I posted a fictional account obviously, but it's hardly an impossible scenario and was posted for serious engagement which you have failed to do. I certainly wouldn't like to show up to a blind date to meet a woman who has a beard, a penis and a voice deeper than mine. Generally speaking, I identify women to have different features than those.

Stay Free

Yikes no, no terf ideology in that comment.
    It was purely in response to Joeytheparrot’s comment to Gruffalux that they should
    “make this into a back and forth list of every single nasty comment on the internet”.
    I thought that was clear because I posted him before commenting.

Also just to reply to your last query to me LLMMLL, yes I’ve heard complaints from lesbian friends and acquaintances about trans identified males in lesbian dating apps. Apparently it makes it nearly impossible to navigate the app as a lesbian. And they often get screenshotted and reported for transphobia if they try to explain that they don’t date transpeople.

I honestly don’t believe you. Every lesbian I know who uses dating apps has said it’s rare to encounter a trans woman on them. From my own use of gay Male dating apps it’s also extremely rare to see a trans person on them.

Yet according to your friends there are so many trans women on the apps that they find it unusable? Give me a break.

Can you clarify which app your friends use? I’d like to do a little more digging.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,081 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

I honestly don’t believe you. Every lesbian I know who uses dating apps has said it’s rare to encounter a trans woman on them. From my own use of gay Male dating apps it’s also extremely rare to see a trans person on them.

Yet according to your friends there are so many trans women on the apps that they find it unusable? Give me a break.

Can you clarify which app your friends use? I’d like to do a little more digging.

Dont worry. Its just more fiction.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Gruffalux

For me, it is an important issue. Very important. Be sure about that.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement