Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gender Identity in Modern Ireland (Mod warnings and Threadbanned Users in OP)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,098 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Gruffalux wrote: »
    For me, it is an important issue. Very important. Be sure about that.

Apparently though you've never seen death threats against trans people despite the fact you have.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

LLMMLL wrote: »
    I honestly don’t believe you. Every lesbian I know who uses dating apps has said it’s rare to encounter a trans woman on them

But yet you expect them to believe your story

Imagine that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭Cestmoi 111

I honestly don’t believe you. Every lesbian I know who uses dating apps has said it’s rare to encounter a trans woman on them. From my own use of gay Male dating apps it’s also extremely rare to see a trans person on them.

Yet according to your friends there are so many trans women on the apps that they find it unusable? Give me a break.

Can you clarify which app your friends use? I’d like to do a little more digging.
    I wonder why you’d ask me the question if you were only going to believe the experiences of your own friends and not those of mine?
    Since you believe transwomen = women, how did you even ask all your lesbian friends this question?
    Try the Her dating app; trans moderator Bryleigh is very active and ready to seek out and shut down any lesbians who dare state they don’t date someone who isn’t female. He gets very riled up about his own lack of success with women on there too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,590 ✭✭✭LLMMLL

Dont worry. Its just more fiction.

It’s complete fiction. I just had a quick look through this Her app, which appears to be the most controversial one. I swiped through 100 profiles. Not a sign of a trans woman. Of course you can’t identify a trans person just by appearances but the idea that there are so many trans women on it that it’s unusable is purely made up.

Why do people feel the need to lie to prove their point?

For me, it is an important issue. Very important. Be sure about that.

Some men can't grasp womens issues or concerns or are happy to disregard them them to push the anti woman agenda

• Advertisement

I wonder why you’d ask me the question if you were only going to believe the experiences of your own friends and not those of mine?
    Since you believe transwomen = women, how did you even ask all your lesbian friends this question?
    Try the Her dating app; trans moderator Bryleigh is very active and ready to seek out and shut down any lesbians who dare state they don’t date someone who isn’t female. He gets very riled up about his own lack of success with women on there too.

I did try the Her app. It completely aligns with my friends Experiences.

I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt that you’re not actively lying and you are just believing friends who have misled you.

So download the Her app.

Give it a go. You can swipe through 100 profiles easily.

Now tell me: would you find the app unusable if you were a cis lesbian looking for other cis lesbians.

I know what the answer will be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭CtevenSrowder

I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt that you’re not actively lying and you are just believing friends who have misled you.

So download the Her app.

Now tell me: would you find the app unusable if you were a cis lesbian looking for other cis lesbians.

Cis-lesbians haha. I know you have me blocked but surely you see the irony of using such terminology when discussing males posting on apps designed for females!

So download the Her app.

You’re not the first person to suggest I do that, and I did it a while ago at the behest of my friends.
    I was matched with (or whatever the terminology is) quite a number of people who did not in any way appear to be female. It was very apparent. Of course I couldn’t attach screenshots because I agree that that would not be appropriate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Gruffalux

Some positive news from the US:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/feb/25/rachel-levine-assistant-health-secretary-senate-confirmation-hearing-historic?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

Unfortunately Rachel has faced a lot of transphobic abuse in her recent role. But overall the US is making very positive steps.

It should be known for the historical record that Rachel Levine is very supportive of puberty blockers for children and cross sex hormones for under 18s. In some cases they also support surgical procedures on people under 18. Rachel Levine is a grown adult who was a husband, fathered children, and did not transition until they were 53 years old, in 2011. Just so it is known where they stand when this experimentation they promote on young children is rationally evaluated in years to come.

You’re not the first person to suggest I do that, and I did it a while ago at the behest of my friends.
    I was matched with (or whatever the terminology is) quite a number of people who did not in any way appear to be female. It was very apparent. Of course I couldn’t attach screenshots because I agree that that would not be appropriate.

Thats weird. Why are you getting completely different results? Your story just doesnt add up.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement

I don’t believe you. Sign up now. The whole process including looking at 100 profiles will take less than 15 mins. Post your sign up code as proof. There is no way you will match with a significant number of trans people out of 100 profiles. I’d lay money you won’t encounter more than one.

I can post the text verification code I received as proof that I actually did this and did not make the whole thing up to get a dig in at trans people.

Apparently though you've never seen death threats against trans people despite the fact you have.

I have not.
    What are you trying to do there? Are you flat out calling me a liar, or is there some more sinister implication even in this post? :confused:

you’re not actively lying and you are just believing friends who have misled you.

Why would there friends lie to them exactly , being you don't know them or their experiences

I have not.
    What are you trying to do there? Are you flat out calling me a liar, or is there some more sinister implication even in this post? :confused:

See LLMMLLs post above

Terry Pratchet

Thats weird. Why are you getting completely different results? Your story just doesnt add up.

Because it’s 100% fabricated.

I know people may want to believe cest moi as what she is claiming aligns with what they want to believe.

I encourage anyone who believes her to sign up to Her and give it a go. I am very confident you will see the fabrication.

Gatling wrote: »
    Why would there friends lie to them exactly , being you don't know them or their experiences

If Cest Moi is genuine then they can do as LLMMLL suggested.

Terry Pratchet

Can you post some? I have neither seen such death threats on twitter, I am sure they exist but are they as common as you want us to believe?

If Cest Moi is genuine

Imagine people not been genuine or get caught making stuff up on a thread .........

Imagine people not been genuine or get caught making stuff up on a thread .........

We don’t have to imagine it. It just happened...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

It should be known for the historical record that Rachel Levine is very supportive of puberty blockers for children and cross sex hormones for under 18s. In some cases they also support surgical procedures on people under 18. Rachel Levine is a grown adult who was a husband, fathered children, and did not transition until they were 53 years old, in 2011. Just so it is known where they stand when this experimentation they promote on young children is rationally evaluated in years to come.

She didn't really answer the questions asked.

https://youtu.be/x3RJpBJQ25Y

• Advertisement

They can prove being genuine if they want to

Terry Pratchet

See LLMMLLs post above

I have LLMMLL on ignore as over a long period of time engaging with them i have found their irrational arguments to be completely unassailable and In fact rather insulting to have to cope with, plus they insist upon calling me and other women in this thread by the known dog whistle, hate speech slur of TERF, and so only very occasionally do I click View Post wrt them. So perhaps I have missed something and yet you, being presumptuous, want to call me a liar.

They can prove being genuine if they want to

So can you Joey by providing evidence of the following claim:
    I always think its fascinating how people speak for lesbians on here but when actual lesbians did engage in the discussion - they were dismissed because they didnt agree with all the laughable constructed myths that the existence of trans women is somehow homophobic.

Who here said it and when?

I have LLMMLL on ignore as over a long period of time engaging with them i have found their irrational arguments to be completely unassailable and In fact rather insulting to have to cope with, plus they insist upon calling me and other women in this thread by the know dog whistle, hate speech slur of TERF, and so only very occasionally do I click View Post wrt them. So perhaps I have missed something and yet you, being presumptuous, want to call me a liar.

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2058132572/356/#post116404069

Terry Pratchet

I can’t seem to multi quote as I am new to boards (or a plebiscite) but wanted to address Joey and LLMMLL here.
    If you signed up with a male profile, and I signed up with my female profile...why do you think we would get the same results? I have deleted the app but can probably still retrieve information pertaining to it through my email. I literally signed up for one night and then deleted it but in that time there were a number of trans identified males who came up as possibilities for me (sorry I don’t know the correct terminology about swipes vs matches etc). Am happy to post any info that won’t identify me in real life. Otherwise can PM someone screenshots of the trans people but really wouldn’t want to publicly post that info.

She didn't really answer the questions asked.

https://youtu.be/x3RJpBJQ25Y

They did not. But their record is available to google, or duckduckgo preferably, as google is impossible these days. They have described puberty blockers as ''extremely safe''. This is completely untrue. They leave children in a prepubescent state with their brains and bodies under-developed and will one day be viewed as a terrible travesty. Not to mention that cross sex hormones can hurl a girl into early menopause with a shriveled womb that is more susceptible to cancer and a dried out, thin walled vagina prone to infections.
    But Levine got to keep their perfectly functional penis throughout adulthood and know sexual pleasure and father children etc. These kids will be impotent and sterile and will never have experienced full sexual development or a normal sensual range. It makes me so very cross I have to stop commenting now.

We don’t have to imagine

I know we don't .....

It's well documented other posters might just agree

I can’t seem to multi quote as I am new to boards (or a plebiscite) but wanted to address Joey and LLMMLL here.
    If you signed up with a male profile, and I signed up with my female profile...why do you think we would get the same results? I have deleted the app but can probably still retrieve information pertaining to it through my email. I literally signed up for one night and then deleted it but in that time there were a number of trans identified males who came up as possibilities for me (sorry I don’t know the correct terminology about swipes vs matches etc). Am happy to post any info that won’t identify me in real life. Otherwise can PM someone screenshots of the trans people but really wouldn’t want to publicly post that info.

Sure feel free to sign up again and PM me the info. It doesn’t have to be public.

I can then announce here that I was wrong and that you saw a number of trans profiles.

Very happy to help you with this.

I have LLMMLL on ignore as over a long period of time engaging with them i have found their irrational arguments to be completely unassailable and In fact rather insulting to have to cope with, plus they insist upon calling me and other women in this thread by the known dog whistle, hate speech slur of TERF, and so only very occasionally do I click View Post wrt them. So perhaps I have missed something and yet you, being presumptuous, want to call me a liar.

I think the lying issue comes from the fact that you responded to the post when I originally posted the abusive threats against trans people months ago.

So to claim you haven’t seen a post you responded to....

• Advertisement

But Levine got to keep their perfectly functional penis throughout adulthood and know sexual pleasure and father children etc. These kids will be impotent and sterile and will never have experienced full sexual development or a normal sensual range. It makes me so very cross I have to stop commenting now.

This is what your up against a cohort of men who are happy to see children experimented on and then trying to suggest it's the equivalent to cancer treatments to save a Child's life ,
    It's male led and dominated ,the same men will tell you your nothing but slur for trying to make your point while decrying fake news ,the same people over and over again ,
    They want an echo chamber where only their anti woman agenda can flourish

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement