Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gender Identity in Modern Ireland (Mod warnings and Threadbanned Users in OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,590 ✭✭✭LLMMLL

Sir Oxman wrote: »
    Believing sex cannot be changed is not an extreme ideology.
    Believing in same-sex attraction is not an extreme ideology.
    Believing in dialog as a vital mechanism in human progress and welfare is not an extreme ideology.

"However, some simple enquires will quickly show you that these views are minority and extreme unless the people you ask are lying to your face"
    It would be logical to say the accepted view amongst lobby groups is <insert here> rather than unequivocally state the same applies to the majority of people who are LGB people in Ireland.
    The reason I bring this point up is that you have posted such statements as fact in this and the old thread continually, at one rather hilarious point claiming 99.99% hold this view :rolleyes: - your circle of friends isn't a national yardstick for anything and neither are mine.

It means nothing and brings nothing to the discussion.

"I encourage you to ask a lesbian or gay man you know whether they have been pressured to sleep with a trans person, whether they feel their identity has been erased etc ad nauseum of all the nonsense that LGB Alliance Ireland promote."

Well, seeing as I am a homosexual man I can answer for myself - no, I haven't personally. Does that mean it unequivocally does not or has never happened to others, of course it doesn't.

I believe another unofficial spokesman for LGB people, a drag artist/businessman known as 'Panti' recently asked that same question and apparently didn't like the answers that came with receipts.
    Unlike 'Panti', I accept that he is entitled to his opinion and have no interest in othering him or his views - however, it is just another in a long line of examples of the intolerance innate in any form of groupthink and the performativity of quite a few (spokes)people.

I'd like an open and honest discussion amongst LGB people about that and an open and honest discussion about gender identity ideology/theory and it's affects or potential affects on LGB people, it's affects or potential affects via law and legislation which in turn can affect every person in Ireland while also protecting transexual people's rights however, it is painfully apparent IMO that dialog is being denied by *very important unelected people* as was the case across the water.

"There used to be a lesbian poster on the JK thread heavily involved in lesbian social groups who told of 2 members of the group who tried to import this nonsense and were swiftly told by the rest of the group that they had no notions of entertaining their attempts at division."

That third hand anectdote simply illustrates an Ireland and an attitude I do not want to see or promote (anecdote as paraphrased by you so it's third hand by now?)

If you cannot see that, you never will.
    See, I can theorise about that scenario like so (it'd be fourth hand now but what does that matter if it fits my narrative, eh?)

'Hey fellow lesbians, I have a query about such and such a policy I've noticed being adopted and I'd really like to have a chat about it.
    Shut up infidel! Shut up dividing us (??)! This is the doctrine, how dare you attempt to deviate, deviants!'

"I'm starting to suspect the 2 involved may have been the founders of LGB Alliance"
    'I'm starting to suspect' - step back from the whodunnits, Kommandante.
    It would be fantastic if that couple were the '2 involved' as you frame the anecdote which isn't yours, it shows consistency, enquiring minds.

There is an undoubted concerted effort by our 'betters' and some self styled 'allies' to cast out *at least* two women who have begun organising, as is their constitutional and human right, an advocacy group that they feel represents their viewpoint and to seek political representation, just as the fledgling LGB rights orgs amongst many others did many moons ago as it is obvious, the now established ones most certainly do not represent them .

This happens throughout all walks of life and advocacy and politics and unions especially on major issues.

We both know that chastising gay people for not sleeping with trans people is confined to the depths of Twitter I wouldn't say it has never happened. It obviously has happened. On Twitter. And comes from a tiny bunch of crazies.

But statements like "lesbians are being forced to sleep with trans people. Their identities are being erased" are hyperbolic in the extreme. Anyone reading it might expect that if they asked a lesbian friend, it's likely they would have encountered this. But they won't. Because it's not really a thing.

As for the 2 women "cast out" of an advocacy group I never said they were cast out. Just told that the group had no interest in campaigning on trans exclusionary views. Do you think advocacy groups should campaign on every individual belief of individual members?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Gruffalux

Mr Meanor wrote: »
    Oh My God..
    This is why people don't post here, you will dispute anything in your ignorance. She's not Irish and I remember her with one UK alliance group with LGB and Trans in 2000.

The term 'Alliance' is not copyrighted by one group at one time, there have been many of them.

I have to leave this now.. the level of ignorance is strong on this thread.

You don't like her. We get it. You have a history with her. She is also ''not Irish''. Anything else substantive beyond personal dislike? Should she be removed from media platforms and disenfranchised too?

Gruffalux wrote: »
    Since we are in the hyperbolic stage of things this morning perhaps the ''TERFs'' will also be responsible for the fulfilment of the sixth great mass extinction and the sun turning into a red giant.

Nope. But as you yourself have admitted, you can't tell when someone is trans. So anyone asking for what they believe to be a trans person to be removed from a changing room will likely mortify a cis woman at some point.

To be fair, in many cases, they bring that abuse upon themselves. Most gay people I know, aren't obviously gay, except when they relax in a group. They're not overly feminine, nor do they hold any of the "stereotypical" gestures associated with gay people. An extreme minority though, are camp. These men need everyone to know that they are gay, and not just know, but rub it in their faces, to get a reaction. I've known many camp gay guys who will push and push others until they get an acknowledgement from the other person.

And that's often what happens with Transgender people. A Trans person who has committed fully to being trans, is generally very difficult to spot because they've put in for the surgery, the hormonal changes, learned how change their posture, taken speech lessons, etc. I know a few guys who made the transition to being female, and few people can distinguish that they're not naturally born female.

But then, you have mainstream transgender people who haven't sought the full transformation for one reason or another. Their appearance isn't male or female, but a combination of both. Often, their voices are also neither male or female, but something entirely different. Obviously different. And they're "content" with being that way.. and expect others to accept them as being different, but the same as their chosen gender.

But here's the rub. When you make your differences (to other people) visible, you inevitably make yourself a target, and you will draw trouble like flies to cow****. Most of the camp gay guys I know have been beaten up more than once, because of their behavior. Not simply because they were gay, but their mannerisms offended people.... often with them pushing that behavior, the more that people got offended, because they were seeking a reaction.

And that's what happens with many Transgender people. They're looking for attention. They're looking to cause a reaction. And that's why many Gay people want nothing to do with them. Most gay people I know want to be accepted into society, and for their relationships not to raise any eyebrows. They're generally subdued in public about signs of affection between partners, but the signs are still there. However, with Transgender people, invariably there's a push to make everyone notice them, and acknowledge them. It creates friction, and makes waves.

I know transgender people.. have they suffered as much as gay people? Probably, but I expect most of that suffering could have been avoided. I find there's a masochistic attitude with many Trans people, and camp gays. They enjoy the negative attention they receive.. otherwise they'd make more of an effort to simply... fade into the background.

The gay movement wanted acceptance in society. To be treated the same as everyone else. (at least they used to want that, but it's shifted considerably in certain camps) Most gay people I know don't want any acknowledgement for being gay, the same way most heterosexuals don't expect any recognition for being straight... Transgender people though... most are seeking something more than acceptance...

I don't really feel a need to respond to this post. The sentiments expressed are deeply worrying.

If one publicly and falsely associated another person, not even by name but by suggestion, with notorious sex criminals then there are reasonable grounds for a claim of defamation. Whether it would be supported in court is open to question, as would be all legal challenges, but it is not good practice in debate to attempt to falsely associate known and named people with known and named sex abusers.

It would not be supported in court else 90% of internet users would be sued by now. Including the multiple TERFs who.drew links between a trans swimming group and paedophiles.

• Advertisement

LLMMLL wrote: »
    Nope. But as you yourself have admitted, you can't tell when someone is trans. So anyone asking for what they believe to be a trans person to be removed from a changing room will likely mortify a cis woman at some point.

I have said several times already that women have had no problem with transwomen uses their facilities, probably since the beginning of public facilities.

It is when we have to agree with the transubstantiation effect of gender theory whereby biological sex is actually changed by feelings and declarations and we must agree to the ''rights'' of anyone to self identify into any space at any time, or be publicly shamed into submission via name calling, then I guess you can see we have teeth behind our smiles. :)

I don't really feel a need to respond to this post. The sentiments expressed are deeply worrying.

The sentiments? bleh. It's simply dealing with reality, and not expecting the world and human behavior to change, because you wish for it to be different. Society takes time to adapt to changing circumstances... society has evolved pretty well to accept most gay people and their behavior in a remarkably short period of time, but it's nowhere near complete acceptance yet. Not in reality. Transgender people (and their activists) expect acceptance in a much shorter time frame, while also being more visible in their behavior/appearance... it's unrealistic, and generally, generates more friction as a result.

As for not responding, I'm not terribly surprised.

I have said several times already that women have had no problem with transwomen uses their facilities, probably since the beginning of public facilities.

Progress

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Cilldara_2000

To be fair, in many cases, they bring that abuse upon themselves. Most gay people I know, aren't obviously gay, except when they relax in a group. They're not overly feminine, nor do they hold any of the "stereotypical" gestures associated with gay people. An extreme minority though, are camp. These men need everyone to know that they are gay, and not just know, but rub it in their faces, to get a reaction. I've known many camp gay guys who will push and push others until they get an acknowledgement from the other person.

And that's often what happens with Transgender people. A Trans person who has committed fully to being trans, is generally very difficult to spot because they've put in for the surgery, the hormonal changes, learned how change their posture, taken speech lessons, etc. I know a few guys who made the transition to being female, and few people can distinguish that they're not naturally born female.

But then, you have mainstream transgender people who haven't sought the full transformation for one reason or another. Their appearance isn't male or female, but a combination of both. Often, their voices are also neither male or female, but something entirely different. Obviously different. And they're "content" with being that way.. and expect others to accept them as being different, but the same as their chosen gender.

But here's the rub. When you make your differences (to other people) visible, you inevitably make yourself a target, and you will draw trouble like flies to cow****. Most of the camp gay guys I know have been beaten up more than once, because of their behavior. Not simply because they were gay, but their mannerisms offended people.... often with them pushing that behavior, the more that people got offended, because they were seeking a reaction.

And that's what happens with many Transgender people. They're looking for attention. They're looking to cause a reaction. And that's why many Gay people want nothing to do with them. Most gay people I know want to be accepted into society, and for their relationships not to raise any eyebrows. They're generally subdued in public about signs of affection between partners, but the signs are still there. However, with Transgender people, invariably there's a push to make everyone notice them, and acknowledge them. It creates friction, and makes waves.

I know transgender people.. have they suffered as much as gay people? Probably, but I expect most of that suffering could have been avoided. I find there's a masochistic attitude with many Trans people, and camp gays. They enjoy the negative attention they receive.. otherwise they'd make more of an effort to simply... fade into the background.

The gay movement wanted acceptance in society. To be treated the same as everyone else. (at least they used to want that, but it's shifted considerably in certain camps) Most gay people I know don't want any acknowledgement for being gay, the same way most heterosexuals don't expect any recognition for being straight... Transgender people though... most are seeking something more than acceptance...

The absolute state of this. FFS.

I'm reminded of the obnoxious fools on Grindr who seek to meet "masc Irish guys only". Being camp is not extreme and simply going around about their business is not "pushing it in faces". Like seriously, you're justifying gay bashing here based on the mannerism of the person being attacked.

The black and white world of conformity set out here is horrific. Everyone must act the same as everyone else or they're fair game for getting teh ****e knocked out of them?

Progress

Jaysis, it cannot be ''progress'' if that is where I always stood. I wish my daily exercise could be accomplished so easily!

Women do not shame transwomen in public facilities. We know they are safer there than elsewhere if they are presenting as feminine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Oh My God..
    This is why people don't post here, you will dispute anything in your ignorance.

So wait were expected to believe a friend of friend who lives down the road and two estates across you know your one ,your one from over there who's cousin or nephew said she said , is considered varified fact .

No sorry

Jaysis, it cannot be ''progress'' if that is where I always stood. I wish my daily exercise could be accomplished so easily!

Women do not shame transwomen in public facilities. We know they are safer there than elsewhere if they are presenting as feminine.

In fairness, I'm pretty sure most of the TERFs on this thread do not share your view.

If they do I am very happy to hear it.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Aleece2020

Iknow plenty of lesbians, some butch, some not, and it's never been suggested by anyone to them that they might be trans or should transition.

It’s been suggested to me that I should transition and I’m not even a lesbian. I’m a bisexual woman who is comfortable being a woman. I have been perceived as having masculine traits and that’s why people have come up with this wrong idea that I’m secretly trans. I’m not exhibiting the traditional traits they associate with femininity so I must really be a man? It’s nonsense and it’s pretty damn sexist too.

Just because a woman doesn’t act they way you think a woman should act doesn’t make her a man. I can’t stress enough that this kind of ideology is damaging to women. It’s degrading and telling women that they can’t do certain things or act true to their personalities unless they are willing to become a man.

The absolute state of this. FFS.

I'm reminded of the obnoxious fools on Grindr who seek to meet "masc Irish guys only". Being camp is not extreme and simply going around about their business is not "pushing it in faces". Like seriously, you're justifying gay bashing here based on the mannerism of the person being attacked.

There is absolutely no justification for gay bashing in my post. It's not a justification to recognise that many people seek attention, and receive negative attention as a result. And some, do go looking for that negative attention from the beginning.

But sure, I get it. Victims are completely free of all responsibility for placing themselves in positions of risk.
    The black and white world of conformity set out here is horrific. Everyone must act the same as everyone else or they're fair game for getting teh ****e knocked out of them?

No... but putting yourself in the crosshairs does tend to increase your chances of being shot.

And I didn't say gay people needed to conform. Sensible living. It's what most of us had to do. For someone who accuses me of a black/white perspective, you're applying it yourself here...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

We both know that chastising gay people for not sleeping with trans people is confined to the depths of Twitter I wouldn't say it has never happened. It obviously has happened. On Twitter. And comes from a tiny bunch of crazies.

But statements like "lesbians are being forced to sleep with trans people. Their identities are being erased" are hyperbolic in the extreme. Anyone reading it might expect that if they asked a lesbian friend, it's likely they would have encountered this. But they won't. Because it's not really a thing.

As for the 2 women "cast out" of an advocacy group I never said they were cast out. Just told that the group had no interest in campaigning on trans exclusionary views. Do you think advocacy groups should campaign on every individual belief of individual members?

There you go again, assuming you speak on behalf of everyone.
    We don't 'both know' and in your haste to be the perfect ally you've no compunction in labelling the 'wrong type' of lesbian as crazies or 'importing' some ideology. The irony.

You disparage anecdotes when it suits then use them (not even yours) to make some triumphant point.

I expect any group to openly discuss members concerns or simply allow discussion.
    The group as a whole has every right to democratically determine their policies and anyone who fundamentally disagrees has every right to be heard and if no compromise can be reached they have very right to leave and form their own advocacy/whatever group.

Your relating of someone elses anecdote to somehow link it with two real life people most certainly alluded to them not being heard.
    Now, why would you do that.

Aleece2020 wrote: »
    It’s been suggested to me that I should transition and I’m not even a lesbian. I’m a bisexual woman who is comfortable being a woman. I have been perceived as having masculine traits and that’s why people have come up with this wrong idea that I’m secretly trans. I’m not exhibiting the traditional traits they associate with femininity so I must really be a man? It’s nonsense and it’s pretty damn sexist too.

Just because a woman doesn’t act they way you think a woman should act doesn’t make her a man. I can’t stress enough that this kind of ideology is damaging to women. It’s degrading and telling women that they can’t do certain things or act true to their personalities unless they are willing to become a man.

I 100% agree that a.woman presenting/behaving in a stereotypically masculine way should not be told she is trans.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭victor8600

To be fair, in many cases, they bring that abuse upon themselves. M....Most of the camp gay guys I know have been beaten up more than once, because of their behavior. Not simply because they were gay, but their mannerisms offended people....

Wow, the old "she brought it on herself by wearing a short skirt" argument. Being offended is not a valid excuse for beating up anyone. Even if a person "asking for it".

Sir Oxman wrote: »
    There you go again, assuming you speak on behalf of everyone.
    We don't 'both know' and in your haste to be the perfect ally you've no compunction in labelling the 'wrong type' of lesbian as crazies or 'importing' some ideology. The irony.

You disparage anecdotes when it suits then use them (not even yours) to make some triumphant point.

I expect any group to openly discuss members concerns or simply allow discussion.
    The group as a whole has every right to democratically determine their policies and anyone who fundamentally disagrees has every right to be heard and if no compromise can be reached they have very right to leave and form their own advocacy/whatever group.

Your relating of someone elses anecdote to somehow link it with two real life people most certainly alluded to them not being heard.
    Now, why would you do that.

I don't disparage anecdotes. I actually said they happened. I said they're not even vaguely common.

It seems the 2 TERFs were heard and did leave. What's the issue?

In fairness, I'm pretty sure most of the TERFs

Here we go again .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Oh My God..
    This is why people don't post here, you will dispute anything in your ignorance. She's not Irish and I remember her with one UK alliance group with LGB and Trans in 2000.

The term 'Alliance' is not copyrighted by one group at one time, there have been many of them.

Well, I would encourage anyone to post. The more views the better so maybe mention this thread and board to her?

No pressure :)

If not, here's a link to one youtube chat with the two co-founders, Bev Jackson and Kate Harris.
    It's interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRV2WPhZEts

Edit~~: In case I'm accused of leading anyone to click on some persona non-grata's youtube channel by subterfuge and irreversably causing actual death to someone, it's Graham Linehan talking to both women.

• Advertisement

victor8600 wrote: »
    Wow, the old "she brought it on herself by wearing a short skirt" argument. Being offended is not a valid excuse for beating up anyone. Even if a person "asking for it".

haha.. where did I say it was a valid excuse for beating someone up? Where did I justify any violence directed towards another person?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭Tired Gardener

In fairness, I'm pretty sure most of the TERFs on this thread do not share your view.

Bit of a backhanded compliment that.

For some Transwomen a Women's facility will be a safer option.

That however doesn't mean we can just dismiss any concerns that Women may have about self Identity Trans Woman being allowed full access to these facilities.

It is a complex situation, one where both sides have merit and raise good points. Name calling 'TERF' doesn't help the matter, now does it. All it does it cause further entrenchment.

Cooler heads need to prevail, both arguments have a lot of knee jerk reactions. One from not wanting to cause any harm or offence (which is commendable), and the other from an actual Transphobia (those who want to hurt/belittle Transgender individuals). Extremism is damaging and helps no one.

This is a nuanced take on the situation, yet still I bet to some it makes me a TERF.

Gatling wrote: »
    Here we go again .

Can I float a term here - FERTs. Female Exclusionary Radical Theorists. If one is allowed surely the other can be allowed also?
    It has a nice symmetry in that the new acronym has the same letters as TERFs. And it sounds funny. While TERF sounds like people from Cavan asking for fuel
    to be brought in for the fire, FERT sounds like how ferrets might fart. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭RWCNT

The association I have been making is the provable dangers via statistics to females when anyone can self identify into private spaces. I have never associated transgender people with sex criminals.

The association fallacies in the thread have been made between LGBA and neo nazis, flat earthers, anti vaxxers and yes...even ''pedos'' :eek: - things which have literally nothing in common.
    You followed up, in quick time, by associating Lauren and Ceri of LGB Alliance with Ghislaine Maxwell and Alison Mack - people who have gained huge global notoriety as sex traffickers and sex abusers. If you were posting under your own name you would be liable for slander.

Nice, Gruf. I've already explained that wasn't my intention. You're annoyed at people jumping to conclusions on the motives or agenda of the LGB Alliance, yet you're perfectly happy to do the exact same thing to me. :rolleyes:

As we're on the topic and you keep using the phrase, that isn't what association fallacy means. Association fallacy example: John has black hair. John is a criminal. All people with black hair are criminals. If I said "Neo-Nazis/Pedos can seem nice on youtube. Neo-Nazis/Pedos are evil. All people who can seem nice on youtube are evil. Therefore LGB Alliance are evil", then that would be association fallacy. Association fallacy isn't comparing someone to something, or mentioning them in the same paragraph. You can find it in bad taste or offensive. It's also not slander by the way. Comparisons and mentioning peoples names in close proximity don't come under that remit.

I'm not going around on this thread calling people transphobes or trying to diagnose their motivation, I'm engaging with points at face value. Because I want these conversations to be had in good faith without people being scared to voice their opinion for fear of being accused of anything. If I agree to be a bit more careful of my choice of words when making comparisons moving forward would you consider not twisting what I'm saying or assuming the worst intentions of me? Then we can just have nice civil exchanges, as I remember us having before in this and other threads?

Bit of a backhanded compliment that.

For some Transwomen a Women's facility will be a safer option.

That however doesn't mean we can just dismiss any concerns that Women may have about self Identity Trans Woman being allowed full access to these facilities.

It is a complex situation, one where both sides have merit and raise good points. Name calling 'TERF' doesn't help the matter, now does it. All it does it cause further entrenchment.

Cooler heads need to prevail, both arguments have a lot of knee jerk reactions. One from not wanting to cause any harm or offence (which is commendable), and the other from an actual Transphobia (those who want to hurt/belittle Transgender individuals). Extremism is damaging and helps no one.

This is a nuanced take on the situation, yet still I bet to some it makes me a TERF.

I fully know it is back handed. :)
    I am just stating the situation as it has been. Women have not been turfing transwomen out of the jacks, nor will we start.
    But that does not mean anyone can self identify as a woman for the purposes of using facilities, or entering sports, or claiming the female experience etc. Nor does it mean we are daft enough to believe sex actually changes in some kind of transmogrification of actual biology.

RWCNT wrote: »
    Nice, Gruf. I've already explained that wasn't my intention. You're annoyed at people jumping to conclusions on the motives or agenda of the LGB Alliance, yet you're perfectly happy to do the exact same thing to me. :rolleyes:

As we're on the topic and you keep using the phrase, that isn't what association fallacy means. Association fallacy example: John has black hair. John is a criminal. All people with black hair are criminals. If I said "Neo-Nazis/Pedos can seem nice on youtube. Neo-Nazis/Pedos are evil. All people who can seem nice on youtube are evil. Therefore LGB Alliance are evil", then that would be association fallacy. Association fallacy isn't comparing someone to something, or mentioning them in the same paragraph. You can find it in bad taste or offensive. It's also not slander by the way. Comparisons and mentioning peoples names in close proximity don't come under that remit.

I'm not going around on this thread calling people transphobes or trying to diagnose their motivation, I'm engaging with points at face value. Because I want these conversations to be had in good faith.

Why did you use the examples neo nazis, flat earthers, anti vaxxers and pedos (!) if you want to engage in good faith?

Can I float a term here - FERTs. Female Exclusionary Radical Theorists. If one is allowed surely the other can be allowed also?
    It has a nice symmetry in that the new acronym has the same letters as TERFs. And it sounds funny. While TERF sounds like people from Cavan asking for fuel
    to be brought in for the fire, FERT sounds like how ferrets might fart. :pac:

I like but I get the feeling it would be considered offensive and actioned again

Why did you use the examples neo nazis, flat earthers, anti vaxxers and pedos (!) if you want to engage in good faith?

Because the argument made seemed to be along the lines of "oh look at how nice these 2 ladies are. They couldn't possibly be meanies".

Makes sense to describe people who are.widely considered to be awful and who can appear to be nice to counter this argument.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Dante7

Oh My God..

She's Welsh and has lived her for seven years with her Irish partner and her kids are Irish. I'd love to see you try and pull that shít on a similar woman from Africa or China awaiting Irish citizenship. And you have to cheek to label these women as bigots.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

I share her view. I suppose I am not going to argue with being called a terf as that seems to apply to most people these days.

I wouldn't dream of confronting anyone in a changing room. Likely I wouldn't notice if they were presenting as a woman anyway because I am not going to be going around examining people too closely. Most of the time you are changing you are not very near people or looking at them as a politeness so I doubt I would even know.

Like wise in a toilet. I don't really look at strangers too much in those situations so not really going to be questioning anyone. Unless somebody bothers me I am not going to bother them.

I have used mens toilets if there is huge queue for the ladies so I don't see why it would bother me too much.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement