Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gender Identity in Modern Ireland (Mod warnings and Threadbanned Users in OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

It's part of a larger suite of ideas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭Daragh1980

Aoife Martin’s tweets are now protected.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Gruffalux

It's part of a larger suite of ideas

:pac::pac:

It is funny as I had written out the following and then decided not to post it as it makes me sound like a loon, and then when I checked back here you had encapsulated it in one phrase. I will post it then, as I know now I am not the only loon :D

There are lots of things going on, some connected, some seemingly not, though they all converge on ...basically...deconstruction.
    There are many complex things about all of this and I do not know the history of or even remember much of what I have learned observing this whole area; too many names, too many movements, but notable forces include post-modernism, post-structuralism, and cultural Marxism (Frankfurt School- critical theory - gender theory etc...these are all connected.)
    It is one of the reasons why I have such a profound interest in the phenomenon of transgender activism - and not as some might think because of some kind of stupid phobia. There are people with body and gender dysmorphias who are not being well-served by this juggernaut.
    It is also an ongoing and stark example of vast ideology and propaganda in full sway in our time. For example a large human rights movement like Amnesty calling for removal of political representation from people who will not get in lockstep is a powerful portrayal of ideological possession of ''the institutions''.
    There are political and cultural forces that have built up over decades using this issue now as a kind of cudgel under the supposed umbrella of gay rights when it has almost zero to do with homosexuality and in fact seeks to fundamentally undermine it by condemning attraction based upon same sexed bodies.
    There is also the experiment (as I see it) in anti-rationality, anti-intellectualism for example - one is supposed to believe things that are patently untrue in order to mime some semblance of politically correct ''kindness''. It is as if an in vitro experiment is conducted in how dumb can one be made to be, how deconstructed?
    There is the goal of continuing the undermining of evolved human bonds by creating affiliations and communities instead of families and clans; this has been done also by removing the individuals loyalty to clan and replacing it with loyalty to brand, market, state organs. The atomised individual as consumer and product rather than as connected human being.
    And ''rights'' movements are used to disguise immoral corporate power grabs of human loyalties. etc etc.
    And there is even the attempted breaking down of what it is to be a human being by for example denying the reality of the female and male state.
    There is the cui bono aspect re pharmaceuticals, and the medical field.
    There is transhumanism.
    It is big. The silliness visible on the surface is designed to be dismissed as irrelevant.

Gruffalux wrote: »

It is funny as I had written out the following and then decided not to post it as it makes me sound like a loon, and then when I checked back here you had encapsulated it in one phrase. I will post it then, as I know now I am not the only loon :D

"In individuals, insanity is rare; but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule."
    Friedrich Nietzsche

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Mules

There are lots of things going on, some connected, some seemingly not, though they all converge on ...basically...deconstruction.
    There are many complex things about all of this and I do not know the history of or even remember much of what I have learned observing this whole area; too many names, too many movements, but notable forces include post-modernism, post-structuralism, and cultural Marxism (Frankfurt School- critical theory - gender theory etc...these are all connected.)
    It is one of the reasons why I have such a profound interest in the phenomenon of transgender activism - and not as some might think because of some kind of stupid phobia. There are people with body and gender dysmorphias who are not being well-served by this juggernaut.
    It is also an ongoing and stark example of vast ideology and propaganda in full sway in our time. For example a large human rights movement like Amnesty calling for removal of political representation from people who will not get in lockstep is a powerful portrayal of ideological possession of ''the institutions''.
    There are political and cultural forces that have built up over decades using this issue now as a kind of cudgel under the supposed umbrella of gay rights when it has almost zero to do with homosexuality and in fact seeks to fundamentally undermine it by condemning attraction based upon same sexed bodies.
    There is also the experiment (as I see it) in anti-rationality, anti-intellectualism for example - one is supposed to believe things that are patently untrue in order to mime some semblance of politically correct ''kindness''. It is as if an in vitro experiment is conducted in how dumb can one be made to be, how deconstructed?
    There is the goal of continuing the undermining of evolved human bonds by creating affiliations and communities instead of families and clans; this has been done also by removing the individuals loyalty to clan and replacing it with loyalty to brand, market, state organs. The atomised individual as consumer and product rather than as connected human being.
    And ''rights'' movements are used to disguise immoral corporate power grabs of human loyalties. etc etc.
    And there is even the attempted breaking down of what it is to be a human being by for example denying the reality of the female and male state.
    There is transhumanism.
    It is big. The silliness visible on the surface is designed to be dismissed as irrelevant.

I must read up on it. It makes sense that all these ideas are related because they seem to be pushed by the same people.

Opening country's borders seems to be a new one as well. The nation state seems to be frowned on nowadays. I don't see what's wrong with having individual countries. Differences make humans interesting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Mules wrote: »
    I think it's a bit weird how the trans stuff is now everywhere. A decade ago the idea of giving children hormones so they could change their gender would have been laughed at. Now mainstream politicians are lobbying for it.

Trans people are such a tiny percent of the population, I don't know why its constantly talked about like it's vitally important. I think minorities should be respected and not be made to feel like outsiders. I just think it's odd that an issue that affects such a small number of people has gained such prominence.

its not odd , its truly bizarre , no way did this happen organically unlike the Gay marriage drive , we all know gay people ( ive two gay cousins ) , the vast vast majority of people will never encounter a transexual or someone who believes they need to change sex

• Registered Users Posts: 27,164 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

So, one of the many things that I don't get about this self gender deciding stuff is... How on earth can a female human know what it's like to be a man? Not only know it, but know and understand it enough to decide they want to be one/really are one?
    I'm a man and I couldn't tell you what it means to be a man or how men are different than women, *without* bringing sex and biology into it.
    If we are now saying that gender doesn't relate to sex, then why have any genders? Traits have always been a spectrum, with a stereotype at each end and 99% of people falling somewhere in the middle.

I can't decide I feel more like a woman than a man, anymore than I can decide that I'm really more of a tall midget or that blue is really more like red to me. What being a man means to me is, I'm sure, very different than what it means to other men, it's certainly very different than it was for my father and indeed his father.

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    its not odd , its truly bizarre , no way did this happen organically unlike the Gay marriage drive , we all know gay people ( ive two gay cousins ) , the vast vast majority of people will never encounter a transexual or someone who believes they need to change sex

I don't see any relation between someone being gay or bi compared to wanting to change their gender, bundling TQ+/whatever has damaged LGB efforts imo.
    One is about who you are attracted to and has zero bearing on anyone else, the other is about how you expect others to see and treat you. Totally unrelated.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Mic 1972

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    But at the same time we will start to get more and more kids who identify themselves as the latest flavor of non-binary gender because it's cool.

Non Binary genders will replace tatoos

• Registered Users Posts: 8,809 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

The older kid in the video said she is non binary, but veers toward girly things .... so you're a girl then ???

I stopped watching after that, but don;t the kids get confused when they notice they have different 'equipment' ???

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 382 ✭✭oldtimeyfella

The older kid in the video said she is non binary, but veers toward girly things .... so you're a girl then ???

I stopped watching after that, but don;t the kids get confused when they notice they have different 'equipment' ???

That "confusion" is all part of the indoctrination. Blur the lines so people fear being considered an ignorant bigot for asking logical questions.

Come up with nonsense terms like "female penis" and attack anyone that challenges the utter lunacy of it.

GreeBo wrote: »
    I don't see any relation between someone being gay or bi compared to wanting to change their gender, bundling TQ+/whatever has damaged LGB efforts imo.
    One is about who you are attracted to and has zero bearing on anyone else, the other is about how you expect others to see and treat you. Totally unrelated.
    There's certainly a connection in terms of children, where a lot of kids "identifying" as the other gender just end up as regular gay people in adulthood.

And there's certainly a connection in places like Iran where enormous pressure is put on gay people to transition in order to avoid banishment and death, to the extent that Iran is the number 2 in the world for gender reassignment surgery.

There also used to be people called transvestites, who have now all but disappeared from the face of the earth, that existed inside and outside gay culture who enjoyed dressing up in women's clothing for sexual gratification. It's a complete mystery what's happened to this particular fetish.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,590 ✭✭✭LLMMLL

There also used to be people called transvestites, who have now all but disappeared from the face of the earth, that existed inside and outside gay culture who enjoyed dressing up in women's clothing for sexual gratification. It's a complete mystery what's happened to this particular fetish.

Well this is just false. There are still plenty of "transvestites" around, they don't claim to have anything to do with trans issues, and they refer to themselves as "CD"s usually.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Mic 1972 wrote: »
    But at the same time we will start to get more and more kids who identify themselves as the latest flavor of non-binary gender because it's cool.

Non Binary genders will replace tatoos

Theres an article I read before which was saying because of the gamer culture still commonly calling people f*ggot etc.. that a lot of ASD boys who like boys are more comfortable believing that it indicates they are actually trans women instead of just gay because theres less stigma in those immature online worlds they frequent. Things like demanding access to female bathrooms and locker rooms may be more an anti bullying manoeuvre than being about feeling legitimised or accepted.

Its an opinion / theory but it makes more sense to me as to why so many boys on the spectrum are transitioning.

LLMMLL wrote: »
    Well this is just false. There are still plenty of "transvestites" around, they don't claim to have anything to do with trans issues, and they refer to themselves as "CD"s usually.

Okie dokie, i'll bow to your superior knowledge on the subject

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Okie dokie, i'll bow to your superior knowledge on the subject

The 'umbrella'.

"Transvestites, Crossdressing & Drag

Transvestites ‘dress’ for numerous reasons. Some feel the strong need to express femininity while others might crossdress for artistic expression or erotic enjoyment. However, most people who crossdress generally have no intention of changing their bodies through hormones or surgeries. These experiences can also be part of the trans umbrella.
    This might also include drag kings or queens, who may use exaggerated gender performances as a means of exploring their gender identity. The transgender umbrella is an inclusive term which welcomes all those who wish to identify within it."

https://lgbt.ie/get-information/trans-and-gender-expression/

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Urquell

There is transhumanism.

This is a great summary of the situation, very well written !

Sir Oxman wrote: »
    The 'umbrella'.

"Transvestites, Crossdressing & Drag

Transvestites ‘dress’ for numerous reasons. Some feel the strong need to express femininity while others might crossdress for artistic expression or erotic enjoyment. However, most people who crossdress generally have no intention of changing their bodies through hormones or surgeries. These experiences can also be part of the trans umbrella.
    This might also include drag kings or queens, who may use exaggerated gender performances as a means of exploring their gender identity. The transgender umbrella is an inclusive term which welcomes all those who wish to identify within it."

https://lgbt.ie/get-information/trans-and-gender-expression/

Oh yes yes, the umbrella, a fantastic invention. Would a character like Yaniv not be recognised as someone furiously getting their rocks off under the guise of this umbrella?

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭nolivesmatter

ingalway wrote: »
    Peak Gender Identity:
    https://youtu.be/CTTYwhZ7948

It's ironic that they want the children to decide for themselves but they don't seem to realize that kids imitate the parents behavior. Trans is supposed to be pretty rarely but the fact that the 10 year old of 3 trans parents identifies as non-binary suggests it's a heavily influencing factor.

There's certainly a connection in terms of children, where a lot of kids "identifying" as the other gender just end up as regular gay people in adulthood.
    And frankly I have s hard time accepting that's is ever anything more than that.
    Eddie izzard has recently decided he is actually trans.
    So if he still dresses as both men and women, would that make him a trans transvestite?

• Advertisement

Eddie is in full time "girl mode" now. Conveniently at 58. Probably wanted to skip straight to all day lipstick but miss out on the less frilly realities of crippling contractions and the rivers of clots, haemorrhaging and unexpected floods that can herald menopause for a woman. Transfusions. Hysteroscopes. Cystoscopes. All that nasty unmentionable womanly stuff. Now they are past such awkwardness I hope their post menopausal vagina remains in good fettle. Its the least I can wish for any gal.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

I'd imagine any real transvestites are Keeping there heads down and avoiding this ideological nonsense

• Registered Users Posts: 4,590 ✭✭✭LLMMLL

Gatling wrote: »
    I'd imagine any real transvestites are Keeping there heads down and avoiding this ideological nonsense

As opposed to all the fake transvestites?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭Girly Gal

Eddie is in full time "girl mode" now. Conveniently at 58. Probably wanted to skip straight to all day lipstick but miss out on the less frilly realities of crippling contractions and the rivers of clots, haemorrhaging and unexpected floods that can herald menopause for a woman. Transfusions. Hysteroscopes. Cystoscopes. All that nasty unmentionable womanly stuff. Now they are past such awkwardness I hope their post menopausal vagina remains in good fettle. Its the least I can wish for any gal.

Hadn't heard Eddie Izzard is in full time "girl mode" as you put it. Isn't it difficult to take that seriously, I mean just wearing women's clothing doesn't make Eddie a women and as for expecting people to use female pronouns? If he's actually transitioning that's fair enough, but, if he's only wearing women's clothes that's a different story. Does anyone know if Eddie Izzard is actually transitioning?

Girly Gal wrote: »
    Hadn't heard Eddie Izzard is in full time "girl mode" as you put it. Isn't it difficult to take that seriously, I mean just wearing women's clothing doesn't make Eddie a women and as for expecting people to use female pronouns? If he's actually transitioning that's fair enough, but, if he's only wearing women's clothes that's a different story. Does anyone know if Eddie Izzard is actually transitioning?

Only about 5 -10 % of trans people actually ''transition'' with SRS. That doesn't bother me. In fact I think it is better for their health that they don't remove functioning parts. And I can call Eddie ''she'' if they want, and completely accept they want to identify and express themselves as a trans woman.
    But if they try to make me say or think they are a woman ...then nope.

I think my new years resolution is to be even stronger on this. Because it is becoming really daft and insulting the more I think about it. ''Girl mode'' indeed! I reject this stupid damn idea that people know what ''girl mode'' or ''boy mode'' really is. Elliot Page has no fcuking clue what it is to be a man and Eddie Izzard has no clue what it is to be a woman. What they think it is, is some nebulous fantasy-based idea they have manufactured. It is nothing like the earth and bones and gory messy in the blood reality of being the opposite sex.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,951 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

Girly Gal wrote: »
    Does anyone know if Eddie Izzard is actually transitioning?

Not according to their interview from a year ago with Joe Rogan anyway. Apparently they’ve thought about it, but they appear to be comfortable with socially transitioning as opposed to availing of medical or surgical means to transition -

Elliot Page has no fcuking clue what it is to be a man and Eddie Izzard has no clue what it is to be a woman. What they think it is, is some nebulous fantasy-based idea they have manufactured. It is nothing like the earth and bones and gory messy in the blood reality of being the opposite sex.

Perhaps they just need to eat a snickers? :D

Perhaps they just need to eat a snickers? :D

Yep. Not a snickers but a nap. Before I say too much in grumpiness

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

Transgender Clinic Whistleblower Speaks Out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJ_bD6N1zNw

Marcus Evans is a Psychoanalyst in private practice and formerly served as Consultant Psychotherapist and Associate Clinical Director of Adult and Adolescent Service at the Tavistock and Portman NHS Trust.
    Triggernometry Podcast

• Registered Users Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Mic 1972

Apparently Nancy Pelosi announced that gender specific terminology will be removed form the house of congress.
    We really need to wake up in Europe before this happens to us

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,561 ✭✭✭political analyst

Mic 1972 wrote: »
    Apparently Nancy Pelosi announced that gender specific terminology will be removed form the house of congress.
    We really need to wake up in Europe before this happens to us

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/pelosi-gender-ban-house/

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement