Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mobile phone providers' speed in Limerick?

• 16-11-2020 5:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭

Hi all,

I'm working in the city, having hassle with the Three network since they cut the ribbon on their 5G service. Speeds are terrible and many times during the hour it just drops completely, and can take a few minutes to come back.

Thinking of switching - any recommendations?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭John_Mc

Worthwhile checking this site out for the mobile masts nearest you:

https://siteviewer.comreg.ie/#location/52.6638367/-8.6267343/Limerick%2C%20Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭SwordofLight

Thanks for that, really helpful.

Strange to explain there are 4 Three masts closer to me than Vodafone, and my mate's vodafone mobile is 5 mbps faster. I think THree are just ****e.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭John_Mc

Thanks for that, really helpful.

Strange to explain there are 4 Three masts closer to me than Vodafone, and my mate's vodafone mobile is 5 mbps faster. I think THree are just ****e.

Three lease their networks to the likes of Virgin Media Mobile, Tesco Mobile etc so their network would be used a lot more heavily. Basically if it's not Eir, GoMo or Vodafone, the network being used is Three under a different name.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭SwordofLight

Ah sound for your insights, hi ho hi ho off to Vodafone I go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Jimbob1977

Vodafone tend to have solid coverage across most of Limerick, if not most of Ireland

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭homingbird

Just a side note to this thread is anyone experience bad reception on the three network in the castletroy area as i am i am on 48 network calls i make in area callers say line is bad just want to know is it only me thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Frances4019

Ah sound for your insights, hi ho hi ho off to Vodafone I go.

I switched this year from 3 to Gomo and I am thrilled with the cover .its now 12.99 a month with only a monthly contract so nothing to lose. It is owned by Eir which probably accounts for the cover.

Advertisement