Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loan overpayment?

Options
  • 16-11-2020 7:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭

Hi there, I have a personal loan which has €3 left on it and the weekly payment is to be taken tomorrow. Will the remaining amount be taken and loan account close automatically or do I have to ring BOI and cancel direct debit?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Megan

Aato wrote: »
    Hi there, I have a personal loan which has €3 left on it and the weekly payment is to be taken tomorrow. Will the remaining amount be taken and loan account close automatically or do I have to ring BOI and cancel direct debit?
    Good morning Aato.

Thank you for getting in touch with us here on Boards.ie.

The full standing order payment will be taken today to cover the remaining funds plus interest. As your payment will cover more than enough, the remainder will be refunded to your Current Account within 2-3 working days. 

You do not have to worry about cancelling the payment, this will automatically be cancelled overnight. 

I hope this information helps and if you have any other queries please get in touch!

Have a great day.

Many thanks,
    Megan

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Aato

Good morning Aato.

Thank you for getting in touch with us here on Boards.ie.

The full standing order payment will be taken today to cover the remaining funds plus interest. As your payment will cover more than enough, the remainder will be refunded to your Current Account within 2-3 working days. 

You do not have to worry about cancelling the payment, this will automatically be cancelled overnight. 

I hope this information helps and if you have any other queries please get in touch!

Have a great day.

Many thanks,
    Megan

Brilliant, thanks!

Advertisement