Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Switching from turbo to the road

Options
  • 16-11-2020 9:42pm

Hi guys,

Besides getting a second bike, is there any tips or tricks I am missing for moving a bike between the turbo and the road regularly?

I have a rear training wheel which I use for the turbo, but then when I put my road wheel back on at the weekend the gears are out and are slipping when out on the road.

It's a pain having to retune them every time. Is there something I may be missing here?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭Taxuser1

Hi guys,

Besides getting a second bike, is there any tips or tricks I am missing for moving a bike between the turbo and the road regularly?

I have a rear training wheel which I use for the turbo, but then when I put my road wheel back on at the weekend the gears are out and are slipping when out on the road.

It's a pain having to retune them every time. Is there something I may be missing here?

Thanks in advance

Are they both the same cassette make and speed 10 or 11 ? What’s the turbo. A different width spacer in my Wahoo Cassette made the gears sound unindexed For 10 speed cassette

Taxuser1 wrote: »
    Are they both the same cassette make and speed 10 or 11 ? What’s the turbo. A different width spacer in my Wahoo Cassette made the gears sound unindexed For 10 speed cassette

The cassette is a different make but the same 10 speed. Maybe I need to get the exact same cassette for both.

Advertisement