Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dunree park Coolock (by Cadbury factory)

Options
  • 16-11-2020 9:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭

Hi everyone,

Thinking of renting here. Anyone know if it's safe?

Thanks

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 273 ✭✭Hqrry113

Hi everyone,

Thinking of renting here. Anyone know if it's safe?

Thanks

Reasonably safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,220 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

I dont get these threads. What do people think happens on the mean streets of Dublin 5? This is Dublin not Johannesburg.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭Sweet.Science

I dont get these threads. What do people think happens on the mean streets of Dublin 5? This is Dublin not Johannesburg.

Haha i think the same all the time. It's crazy.

Haha i think the same all the time. It's crazy.

I think it's usually country people who had a 12 year old shout at them on Gardiner St on the way to Croke Park once and are terrified.

Anyway OP, I'm just kidding - no, if you mean safe as in will you be randomly attacked on the streets etc., well that can happen anywhere.
    That particular part of Coolock is near me and has always been settled and quiet.

I think it's usually country people who had a 12 year old shout at them on Gardiner St on the way to Croke Park once and are terrified.

Anyway OP, I'm just kidding - no, if you mean safe as in will you be randomly attacked on the streets etc., well that can happen anywhere.
    That particular part of Coolock is near me and has always been settled and quiet.

I was actually hoping a house would come up for sale in Dunree Park. No luck though . Always a good sign i think.

On your point though i dont think its just country people. Ireland has always had a snobbery issue when it comes to where you live. I've rented in so called posh areas and bought in corporation estates. Everything has been the same for me. I accept that you can get unlucky with neighbours in some places.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 273 ✭✭Hqrry113

To be fair there are some parts of Dublin which aren't very safe one place I know of in particular (Finglas South) is seriously dodgy I have a family member who lives in a very rough estate there and it is very dodgy.

I was actually hoping a house would come up for sale in Dunree Park. No luck though . Always a good sign i think.

On your point though i dont think its just country people. Ireland has always had a snobbery issue when it comes to where you live. I've rented in so called posh areas and bought in corporation estates. Everything has been the same for me. I accept that you can get unlucky with neighbours in some places.

That's the thing, so many people would look at an address like Dunree Park and think it's not good enough so will buy in some new estate outside the M50 miles away from everything or in the back end of Swords or something rather than to possibly live near the riff raff. More the fools them.

Hqrry113 wrote: »
    To be fair there are some parts of Dublin which aren't very safe one place I know of in particular (Finglas South) is seriously dodgy I have a family member who lives in a very rough estate there and it is very dodgy.

That is true . I grew up in an estate in Dublin I wouldn't ever think of buying in . Albeit it's a very different place now . Still has it's moments

Advertisement