Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bagglys thread

Options
  • 16-11-2020 11:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭

In CA baggly just handed out multiple unjustified thread bans on during a discussion on gender identity he opened ,
    I said imagine what the twitter and Mumsnet dwellers lifes look like ,
    At no stage did I abuse or insult any person or persons on the thread ,
    Mod is claiming a mod warning on his op ,that he /she posted themselves which is broad doesn't cover anything I posted ,
    How can a mod be impartial when they open a thread then mods it themselves ,no impartially .

I understand threads can become contentious but having ignored multiple complaints directly related to a very similar thread involving jk Rowling the same mod claims despite people repeatedly said they felt they were targeted with slurs it was apparently decided posters couldn't be offended .
    Were not using a international model to mod now ?

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

The mod started the thread with certain notes in the OP, then moderated it in line with those notes

I've started over 20 of the main coronavirus threads. I've posted my own views in most, and I've issued most of the threadbans and other sanctions. Your "complaint" is arguably more relevant to me than it is to Baggly who, so far as I can see, has not contributed to the discussion at all

I'm not seeing what the issue is at all here. If you have been threadbanned yourself then there is a process to appeal that

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Beasty wrote: »
    The mod started the thread with certain notes in the OP, then moderated it in line with those notes

I've started over 20 of the main coronavirus threads. I've posted my own views in most, and I've issued most of the threadbans and other sanctions. Your "complaint" is arguably more relevant to me than it is to Baggly who, so far as I can see, has not contributed to the discussion at all

I'm not seeing what the issue is at all here. If you have been threadbanned yourself then there is a process to appeal that

My thread ban is a joke ,
    I've had my bans and warnings over the years but this one is not even justified on any level ,

I don't have an issue with a mod posting like everyone else but when your the op ,and you issue a very broad only discuss this which most of us were actually on topic yet were all thread banned

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Are you appealing your threadban?

If so I think a fresh thread is required as it's not clear at all what went on here leading up to that threadban

I would re-iterate though - the mod started the thread but was not involved in the discussion, and it's entirely appropriate they moderate it

Just to add I was travelling most of the day, and not involved in any discussions surrounding that particular thread. Looking at the relevant mod forum it's clear there was discussion and consensus that a new thread be started and indeed another mod closed the Rowling thread re-directing posters to the new one

I note the thread is currently closed and, again not having been involved in the discussions, but seeing the problems the Rowling thread caused, I would not be against keeping it closed

Apologies beastly ,

Opening a thread while annoyed is never a great idea.

Can I please appeal my thread ban I did ask the mod in question, who denied it and said to take it here .

Yes you can - if your wider complaints are going no further I'm happy for this thread to continue as your appeal

Could you set out the circumstances - did the mod quote any of your posts and is there a post you can link to putting in place the threadban (apologies I could probably search but my time on the site is going to be limited for the next few days and there are other issues I need to get my head round)

We can take a view once I see that background whether I will deal with the appeal or if we might get a CMod involved)

• Advertisement

I understand your busy please take all the time you need ,

There is a quiet pleasant exchange below between manach and one other , including my own post .

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2058132572/27

Which then resulted in this

Quote: km991148

Twitter is full of nuts from all walks of life and all sides of the political spectrum. mumsnet I have no clue - but it appears like an attempt to offend or belittle?..

Gatling my reply

Jesus wept .

Offend and belittle who ,

Actually don't bother

Which this came from Baggly

Quote: Gatling
    Imagine what twitter and Mumsnet dwellers life's actually look like

Quote: Gatling
    Jesus wept .

Offend and belittle who ,

Actually don't bother

Mod

All of you can take a week off from this thread to evaluate your standard of posting here

There was 4 of us banned but I only took which applied to my posts .

I've also PM the mod earlier to see if we can sort this out between us

I see you are posting in the thread again

Am I correct in assuming this has been resolved directly with the mod via PM?

Beasty wrote: »
    I see you are posting in the thread again

Am I correct in assuming this has been resolved directly with the mod via PM?

Apologies beastly we managed to sort it out between us earlier ,
    I didn't mean to take up any of your time

No problem at all

Was just starting to look through your posts in the thread when I realised you were back posting so I really had not spent much time on this

Advertisement