Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Waterville thread

• 17-11-2020 10:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭

Hi all,
    Does anyone know if there a specific group, thread or forum in boards.ie for Waterville specific residents? Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,146 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

larbakium wrote: »
    Hi all,
    Does anyone know if there a specific group, thread or forum in boards.ie for Waterville specific residents? Thank you

No there isn't. There used to be one on the now defunct/deserted neighbours.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭larbakium

Ok. I am trying to understand if there is a group of people that brings together all of Waterville. There are several clusters, managed individually, but there are topics that impact all of the Waterville community and I feel we are missing out on not having this forum.

Caranica wrote: »
    No there isn't. There used to be one on the now defunct/deserted neighbours.ie

Do you have any ideas on how could I try to bring these individuals together? From the different parts of waterville? I am assuming that opening a sub forum in boards.ie might not be an easy thing.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,337 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

You won't get a separate forum just for Waterville, it's far too specific and niche. A thread on this forum is as much as you can do really.

Zaph wrote: »
    You won't get a separate forum just for Waterville, it's far too specific and niche. A thread on this forum is as much as you can do really.

I suspected that Zach. Thanks for sharing. I reckon that it will be a lucky shot to get people to be able to drive people from Waterville into the thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,337 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

I suspected that Zach. Thanks for sharing. I reckon that it will be a lucky shot to get people to be able to drive people from Waterville into the thread.

I think your best bet might be a Facebook group tbh. I've seen some for areas some of my family members live in that seem to be quite active, so you might get similarly lucky with one for Waterville. I know there are definitely one or two posters on Boards who live there, but attracting new posters to the site who live there could be difficult. Facebook seems to have a much wider reach for those sort of groups.

Zaph wrote: »
    I think your best bet might be a Facebook group tbh. I've seen some for areas some of my family members live in that seem to be quite active, so you might get similarly lucky with one for Waterville. I know there are definitely one or two posters on Boards who live there, but attracting new posters to the site who live there could be difficult. Facebook seems to have a much wider reach for those sort of groups.

Thanks for the advice.

To be honest I don't think there are actually that many issues that are common across clusters. Clusters have different builders, different management agents, different bin providers, different clampers and different policies.

Security is one common thing but the Gardai are very proactive about community policing forum. Particularly given that the Waterville community Garda is back from long term leave.

Caranica wrote: »
    To be honest I don't think there are actually that many issues that are common across clusters. Clusters have different builders, different management agents, different bin providers, different clampers and different policies.

Security is one common thing but the Gardai are very proactive about community policing forum. Particularly given that the Waterville community Garda is back from long term leave.

I suppose you are right. But at the same time, these are the elements that could be improved if there would be an overarching view. e.g. co-shared management companies, future developments within waterville. These will impact all.
    From awareness to the economy of scale, these could be leveraged.

I suppose you are right. But at the same time, these are the elements that could be improved if there would be an overarching view. e.g. co-shared management companies, future developments within waterville. These will impact all.
    From awareness to the economy of scale, these could be leveraged.

Management companies are legal entities separate to each development, I think you're referring to agents. There are a number of agents in Waterville, some manage more than one cluster. The main one my cluster sacked 10 years ago and wouldn't go near with a 10 foot pole. Yet I know other clusters where the directors think they're great.

Economy of scale doesn't really happen. Even when we had the same agent as most of Waterville at the time, there were no special rates from contractors. In fact by changing agents we found new contractors which were better.

From memory, the only collective thing that happened in Waterville was 10-12 years ago the developers of most of Waterville offered the woods in the middle of the development to the clusters that border them. We attended a meeting where the proposal was made, every cluster rejected it (maintenance, insurance etc) and the Council took it in charge instead.

I've lived in Waterville for 16 years, bought off plans. Have been a director of our management company since the developers handed it over to the owners.

I'm not sure if we're at the total number of clusters granted planning permission, I'd have to look that up.

• Advertisement
Advertisement