Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LG CX 55" OLED

• 17-11-2020 11:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭

Im keen on this, and its currently down at €1449 in most places

From peoples' past experience, should I wait for Black Friday, for a further reduction on that price?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭bozharry1

Slipshaney wrote: »
    Im keen on this, and its currently down at €1449 in most places

From peoples' past experience, should I wait for Black Friday, for a further reduction on that price?

Can’t see the price dropping on this model as it is a 2020 tv.I would say the 2019 model if still available should drop in price.I got that model 3months ago for 1099.00 and I love it.Great tv

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Slipshaney

bozharry1 wrote: »
    Can’t see the price dropping on this model as it is a 2020 tv.I would say the 2019 model if still available should drop in price.I got that model 3months ago for 1099.00 and I love it.Great tv

Thanks a million. Bit the bullet the other day and got it instore. Super TV! The depth of colour is something else

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭madmoe

Hi all,

Sorry to drag this post back up but not sure where to post. If there is a better place can my post be moved? I bought the LG CX 55 OLED from Harvey Norman on December 1st 2020. In the fast few days I have found two dead pixels on the screen and have not yet done some proper testing to see if there are more. If I do find more should I get back onto Harvey Norman or LG? Are there a certain amount of dead pixels that are acceptable\covered under the warracnty? Just not sure what I should do next.

Thanks,

M

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,918 ✭✭✭Soarer

Are they dead or stuck?

Stuck is a bigger issue.

Edit: Either way, get back onto Harvey's. It shouldn't be happening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭madmoe

Thanks, how do I check if they are dead or stuck? They are black no matter what colors are being displayed on the TV, does that help?

Many thanks,

M

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,918 ✭✭✭Soarer

That's dead.

Stuck is when they're turned on all the time. So pure black screen, one piercing white led shining!

I had my OLED replaced under warranty last year due to one stuck pixel right in the middle of the screen. This was with Curry's and the tv was 4 years into a 5 year policy. Got a brand new C1 replacment!

Don't know how picky they are about dead pixels though. They're probably not as distracting as stuck ones.

Advertisement