If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stand measurements on Sony KD55XH9005BU

Options
  • 17-11-2020 11:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭

Hi there!

Possibly interested in the Sony KD55XH9005BU (great reviews and great specs) but am wondering, what are the dimensions of the stand feet, how far apart are they?
    Might not be able to fit it on my current table.

Another option is the more budget-friendly Hisense 55U7QFTUK but I have heard some horror stories about its motion.
    https://youtu.be/_494uNEUav4?t=120, the Tv in the left is the Hisense and when the camera pans down the building, sheesh!
    Would you know if this has been fixed by firmware on the meantime?

Thanks!

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

Hi there!

Possibly interested in the Sony KD55XH9005BU (great reviews and great specs) but am wondering, what are the dimensions of the stand feet, how far apart are they?
    Might not be able to fit it on my current table.

Another option is the more budget-friendly Hisense 55U7QFTUK but I have heard some horror stories about its motion.
    https://youtu.be/_494uNEUav4?t=120, the Tv in the left is the Hisense and when the camera pans down the building, sheesh!
    Would you know if this has been fixed by firmware on the meantime?

Thanks!
    Hi Bruno Batista.

The 55XH9005 is a fantastic television.
    Sony's website give the following details [font=arial, sans-serif]Stand[/font][font=arial, sans-serif] Width Approx. 105.3 cm[/font]

The Hisense is a decent set but can not compete with the picture quality of the Sony.
    I don't know if Hisense released any firmware updates for their motion processing unfortunately.

We are waiting on more Sony 55XH9005 to land into our warehouse which we are currently chasing.

You could also check out the Samsung 55Q80T coming in at £899
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-204579-samsung-qe55q70t-new-t-series-55-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-qled-tv-with-apple-tv-app-freesat-hd.aspx

Let me know your thoughts.

Kenny.

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭Bruno Batista

Hum, seems like I could just about fit the 9005..

That Samsung also looks good but more inclined to Sony from previous experiences.

Looks like the Sony might just be the one, will pull the trigger on that one in the next week or so!

• Company Representative Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

That Samsung also looks good but more inclined to Sony from previous experiences.

Looks like the Sony might just be the one, will pull the trigger on that one in the next week or so!
    No problem at all Bruno Batista.

Drop us a post or PM when your ready and we can hopefully get you sorted :)

Kenny.

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭Bruno Batista

Kenny.
    Sent a Pm there to this account the other day, but maybe there's a different one I should have used?

• Company Representative Posts: 17,276 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Kenny.
    Sent a Pm there to this account the other day, but maybe there's a different one I should have used?
    Hey Bruno Batista.

If you drop it over to this account I'll look at it straight away.

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.