Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

25% off at Easons

Options
  • 17-11-2020 6:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭

Use the code "BLACK" for 25% off at checkout.
    Some nice bargains + free shipping.

Supporting local too, sure why not! :)

25-off-almost-everything-17-11-2020.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭newaccount2017

I was on the Easons website a few days ago and just checked back there and they've literally jacked up all the prices of the books to coincide with their 25% off voucher. It's totally turned me off them! Gonna buy from Book Depository instead now.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,703 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Try www.kennys.ie
    Irish and free delivery

or global www.bookfinder.com

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

I was on the Easons website a few days ago and just checked back there and they've literally jacked up all the prices of the books to coincide with their 25% off voucher. It's totally turned me off them! Gonna buy from Book Depository instead now.

Check out Kenny's Book Shop. Did a comparison between them and Book Depository recently and most of my books were not far off or equal price to BD. So I ordered off them as they are an Irish family business.

Oi, that's what I said!

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭luketitz

+1 on Kennys, great little local outfit doing all the right things for their growing army of happy customers!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

zell12 wrote: »
    Oi, that's what I said!

Never saw your post. According to the post time we recommend Kenny's simultaneously at 18:02

Great minds and all that ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭andrew1977

zell12 wrote: »
    Try www.kennys.ie
    Irish and free delivery

or global www.bookfinder.com

Thanks for that , was eyeing a book on Amazon , found it on Kennys cheaper , free delivery too and Irish website .

• Registered Users Posts: 24,048 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

How are Kennys in general for delivering? I used them once last year, and the delivery took an age, well over a week I seem to remember. I thought they'd pull the stops out for a first order, but it didn't happen. Was I just unlucky?

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Doodlebug

Didn't see the previous Easons prices before this, but good value to be had now anyway.

Would second Kennys.ie alright, got stuff from them in the past too, although I didn't check 'em this time.

Just out of interest, of the titles on my list also available from both Kenny's & Amazon, here are the price comparisons (all paperbacks):

The Anarchy by William Dalrymple,
    €11.55 (Kenny's € 17.89, Amazon: €10)

The Crown, by Robert Lacey,
    €9.45 (Kenny's € 9.59 \ Amazon: €7)

Captain Underpants: Two Wedgie-Powered Novels in One by Dav Pilkey, €7.99 (Kenny's €10.17 \ Amazon: €8.18)

The others were not available on the other 2 sites.

From my little sample, I definitely ended up saving. I guess it depends on what's on your list, so it does pay to shop around a bit!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭VG31

ejmaztec wrote: »
    How are Kennys in general for delivering? I used them once last year, and the delivery took an age, well over a week I seem to remember. I thought they'd pull the stops out for a first order, but it didn't happen. Was I just unlucky?

They are often slow enough to dispatch. Although the same can be said for the Book Depository.

5% off code for Kennys: AXABOOKS

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭craggy2

Another irish one is the bookstation, currently have the new David Williams book for €5.99, free delivery on orders over 10e.
    https://www.bookstation.ie/product/code-name-bananas/

• Registered Users Posts: 30,425 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

I got the Atlas of the Irish Revolution from Easons with their 25% discount for €44.25 (normally €59 in Easons and multiple other Irish bookshops that I have looked at online) and it worked out cheaper than Book Depository. So happy to have finally bought it.

Book Station and O'Mahony's are two other excellent Irish bookshops that I have ordered from recently. Book Station was next day delivery but with the An Post delays, it's taking a few days longer.

I got the Atlas of the Irish Revolution from Easons with their 25% discount for €44.25 (normally €59 in Easons and multiple other Irish bookshops that I have looked at online) and it worked out cheaper than Book Depository. So happy to have finally bought it.
    Eason bring it down to the Amazon price of €43.88

• Registered Users Posts: 10,926 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Doodlebug wrote: »
    Use the code "BLACK" for 25% off at checkout

"28THREE" makes it 28% off, saving a little bit more

• Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭ianobrien

I was on the Eason's website and the one annoying thing is that you cant use multiple gift cards in the one transaction. I've three gift cards and I can only use one per transaction. That's annoying.

Advertisement