Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transfer photos and videos from broken laptop to new laptop

Options
  • 17-11-2020 7:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭

Heading should say hard drive not broken laptop

Hi

Can anyone help

I want to transfer photos and videos from the hard drive to the new hard drive in my laptop.
    I have put the hard drive into a dynamode external 2.5 USB 3.0 sata hard drive enclosure and plugged into the laptop. What do l do next?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭VanHalen

Have you opened File Explorer and clicked on This PC on the left? It should show you your C drive and D drive ( if you have one) and then a drive letter with USB beside it

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭ClmAlfie

VanHalen wrote: »
    Have you opened File Explorer and clicked on This PC on the left? It should show you your C drive and D drive ( if you have one) and then a drive letter with USB beside it

I have clicked on This PC and it shows C, D and Data (F:
    Do l clicked on 1 of them?
    Can you explain how to do it and save, please

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Edser

It will probably be the D or F.

Click on each of them and you should see contents similar to your C:\ drive (current laptop)

When you find this drive (assuming windows 10), click into the Users folder, then the folder with your Username, and then Pictures folder.

Your pictures should be in this folder. You can then select them all, and copy and paste (or drag & drop) to a folder on your new hard drive (c:\ drive).

Repeat above for Videos, replacing 'Pictures folder' with 'Videos folder'.

If in doubt or unsure of above, is there anyone techie who could help?

Advertisement