Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTÉ Primetime 17 Nov - COVID cycling infrastructure

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Alas it's a sad state of affairs that the safety of children is seen as controversial. In regards to the supposed increase in traffic in surrounding areas.Two things I would point out, one, it can't really get any worse at school time is my understanding (I have family in the area) and two, my limited understanding of traffic is that it is quite adaptable and if you restrict the movement of private motorists, while there might be an initial increase in travel time, within a very short period of time it adapts and reverts to what it was or possibly reduces within a few weeks. The same way when you increase space, for a period it seems to alleviate traffic but within a few weeks you are back to where you were.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,138 ✭✭✭dinneenp

emclau wrote: »
    Rte primetime tonight at 935pm about all the new cycling infrastructure in Dublin.

Looks interesting - not to throw anything at the telly against those objecting to it!

https://www.rte.ie/news/primetime/2020/1116/1178570-pop-up-cycle-lanes-leave-less-space-for-cars/

LOL, I think they inserted a wrong image in the above page.

0015b3d1-614.jpg?ratio=1.78

Advertisement