Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cut Irish Coin Jewellery ?

• 18-11-2020 12:47am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,060 ✭✭✭

I'm looking to get some Jewellery for some friends kids in the US.

Looking for those cut coin type thing, using old Irish coins.

Anyone any ideas of where to get them?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 126 ✭✭Plugguy

OU812 wrote: »
    I'm looking to get some Jewellery for some friends kids in the US.

Looking for those cut coin type thing, using old Irish coins.

Anyone any ideas of where to get them?

https://www.celticcoincraft.com/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭JustAThought

Plugguy wrote: »

Sounds great and they look beautiful. And Irish made too.

If you didn’t want to spend e100 each per child there was a shop in temple bar that sold them made into cut out pendants complete with chain - I got one beautiful one there from an old farthing. The quality varies between piece to piece and they Look old as he dosn’t polish them up as new but he (used) have a great range and the prices were around the e30 mark.

If you know temple bar its a shared shop between several ‘crafts’ and with a second hand/vintaGe/reconditioned clothes ‘boutique’ in the basement.Diagonally Across from the cafe opposite’ Flip’ and the not so olde Irish sweet shop - the one behind whats left of the central bank rear entrance not the one beside the tackle & angling shop.

I guess it might be open next week again!

I think that might be a bit Oirish of a description!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭JustAThought

sorry - forgot to mention - make sure you or your familyy don’t get stung going through usa customs - check them for jewellery vat/charges. My brother has something gold sent from ireland to the us & was done by customs - it was a valuable piece & made from gold & he had insured it so maybe thats why they picked it out. Novelty/ Decorative coins & the coin value for the goods vaLue/pricing might be the way to go!

Advertisement