If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

43 inch TV

Options
  • 18-11-2020 11:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi Guys,
    I am looking for a  43 inch tv and I was wondering if there is a noticeable difference between the picture quality of the Philips pus7805 and a similar price LG or Samsung bearing in mind I will be upgrading from a 1080p Tv. Of course there is the different operating systems, however I do not use the built in features very often so that is not a major concern.

Many thanks,
    Shane.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,276 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

sd12322 wrote: »
    Hi Guys,
    I am looking for a  43 inch tv and I was wondering if there is a noticeable difference between the picture quality of the Philips pus7805 and a similar price LG or Samsung bearing in mind I will be upgrading from a 1080p Tv. Of course there is the different operating systems, however I do not use the built in features very often so that is not a major concern.

Many thanks,
    Shane.
    Hi SD12322.

The Philips 7805 series give the LG and Samsung range at the same price point a run for their money.

It would be on a par with the LG 43UN71006 but has the added feature of the Philips Ambi Light :)
    The LG has the better smart hub but as this is not something you use often doesn't really come into play.

The 43" Samsung the 43TU7100 is temporarily out of stock and has been the more popular of the 3.

All 3 are good televisions and there is not much between them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 sd12322

Hi Guys,

Many thanks,
    Shane.
    Hi SD12322.

The Philips 7805 series give the LG and Samsung range at the same price point a run for their money.

It would be on a par with the LG 43UN71006 but has the added feature of the Philips Ambi Light :)
    The LG has the better smart hub but as this is not something you use often doesn't really come into play.

The 43" Samsung the 43TU7100 is temporarily out of stock and has been the more popular of the 3.

That's great, thanks for the reply. How would they compare in terms of viewing angles and bright rooms? And would you recommend spending a bit extra and waiting for a tu8500 as that has a dual led screen? Thank you.

Hi Guys,

Many thanks,
    Shane.
    Hi SD12322.

That's great, thanks for the reply. How would they compare in terms of viewing angles and bright rooms? And would you recommend spending a bit extra and waiting for a tu8500 as that has a dual led screen? Thank you.
    Hi SD12322.

All 3 are again pretty similar for viewing angles and brighter rooms to be honest.

The LG and Samsung would still be in my opinion the ones to go for.

If you stretched to the 43TU8500 you do get an even better TV again. It produces a better image and has extras like more HDMI inputs, a Satellite input and has a central stand rather that two feet.

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭shane b

I would like to jump in in this thread. I am also looking at a 43 inch tv with a twin tuner so its either the LG UN7300 or the Philips 7805 or 7555. Are there any notable difference between the 3 tvs?

shane b wrote: »
    I would like to jump in in this thread. I am also looking at a 43 inch tv with a twin tuner so its either the LG UN7300 or the Philips 7805 or 7555. Are there any notable difference between the 3 tvs?
    Hi Shaneb.

The Philips 7805 and the LG 73006 are on a power. The LG would have the better smart hub and access to the like of Disney + or Apple TV.
    The difference between the 7805 and the 7555 is the ambi light feature. The 7805 has this built in.

Picture wise all 3 sets are very similar and perform equally as well.

The LG is however currently temporarily out of stock as we await the next batch to land.

Both Philips Models are in stock and ready to ship :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Raisins

Hi guys can I also jump in as I’m also looking for a 43”.

Is the 43TU8500 going to come down in price tomorrow? Can I do a click and collect with richer sounds or do I have to wait 3-5 days if I buy tomorrow?

Hoping to combine it with the Sonos Beam thanks.

Raisins wrote: »
    Hi guys can I also jump in as I’m also looking for a 43”.

Is the 43TU8500 going to come down in price tomorrow? Can I do a click and collect with richer sounds or do I have to wait 3-5 days if I buy tomorrow?

Hoping to combine it with the Sonos Beam thanks.
    Hi Raisins.

Thanks for the post.

No price drop expected tomorrow on the TU8500 range.
    They are currently out of stock in the 43", 50" and 55" sizes. We are chasing an ETA which looks to be the 23rd November before they arrive into our main warehouse.

The Beams in Black are also due in vert shortly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭pavb2

Hi all

Can I jump in as I’m also looking for a 43 inch Smart tv can you give me some options

pavb2 wrote: »
    Hi all

Can I jump in as I’m also looking for a 43 inch Smart tv can you give me some options
    Hi Pavb2.

At the minute the popular sets are:
    LG 43UN71006 priced at 369 Euro
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-205029-lg-43un71006lb-43-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-tv-freeview-freesat-hd.aspx

Samsung 43TU7100 priced at 369 Euro ( Pending Stock)
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-204587-samsung-ue43tu7100-new-t-series-43-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-tv-with-apple-tv-app.aspx

Philips 43PUS7805 priced at 399 Euro
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-204868-philips-43pus7805-43-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-tv-freeview-play.aspx

It also depends on your budget.

It the higher spec there is the Samsung 43Q60T (QLED) priced at 629 Euro
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-204597-samsung-qe43q60t-43-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-qled-tv-with-apple-tv-app-freesat-hd.aspx

Or one of the Sony's like the 43XH8196 priced at 679 Euro
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-204629-sony-kd43xh8196bu-new-hx-series-43-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-android-tv-youview.aspx

Let me know your thoughts.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.