Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

gaming build 1200 euro

Options
  • 18-11-2020 1:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭

Hey Guys,
    thank you for the help in advanced.
    I want to build a computer for gaming, and for it to last a couple of years.

1. What is your budget? [€1200]

2. What will be the main purpose of the computer? [Gaming]

3. Do you need a copy of Windows? [No]

4. Can you use any parts from an old computer? [Hard Drives]

5. Do you need a monitor? [No]

7. Are you willing to try overclocking? [No]

8. How can you pay? [Credit Card/Laser]

9. When are you purchasing? [Preferably as soon as I can, but can wait a week or two]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Your budget is right in the range where all the good stuff is but none of it is available. Can you wait or does it have to be before Xmas?

What resolution / refresh are you targeting. For example a basic enough TV would be 1080p/60Hz.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭Br4tPr1nc3

Hey Samuel, thanks for the reply!
    I can wait, I have sen that the new pieces are all out of stock.
    ideally I would like 1080p at 144hz as I have the monitor for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭Br4tPr1nc3

hopefully everything has settled with parts shortages,
    anyone got any recommendations?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭Citrus_8

Br4tPr1nc3 wrote: »
    hopefully everything has settled with parts shortages,
    anyone got any recommendations?

Haven't settled, and I think it will take at least 2-3 month more to normalise. Depending on your monitor (size and resolution - is it previously advised 1080p 144hz or something changed on the way?) and games you'd like to play, we may advise, whether it's better to wait or you can buy now as not all parts are in the same bad situation. The good news is that Brexit most likely (once approved) will be with a deal. That means less pressure on the PC part buyers in Ireland - we may continue buy from the UK without any tariffs. Otherwise, this wouls have increased expenses.

Advertisement