Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 Stock Updates - *READ FIRST POST*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Cossie44

FourFourFM wrote: »
    Check your PM’s.

You sus bro

Edit: On reflection you hella sus bro

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Black and yellow

Cossie44 wrote: »
    You sus bro

Edit: On reflection you hella sus bro

Never got a pm off him lol

I would like a PM about smyths please?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭Cotts72

I'm wondering what's a fella gotta do to get a PM Haha

• Registered Users Posts: 5 ajthack

Man are people so thirsty that they're actually thirsting for some shyster banging on about sending them PM's with secret info?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭olestoepoke

ajthack wrote: »
    Man are people so thirsty that they're actually thirsting for some shyster banging on about sending them PM's with secret info?

Its a thread for sharing stock information, not PMs or winding people up.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭huddlejonny

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I got lucky, they took my order and the money, as I've said, we'll see if it results in a console, I suspect it'll result in a refund and a voucher by way of apology

Same here, my order is processing and gone to the warehouse, if you look at their terms it looks like once it gets to that stage you cannot cancel the order and it is binding.

For anyone else looking I'd recommend following this thread below, they have a tracker on all UK retailers.

Got notified last night that Shopto were taking preorders and I registered interest, they took payment and a few hours later my order was being processed, delivery with DPD going out on monday apparently. They only had digital ps5s on offer so it could be worth looking out for the disc versions going on preorder with Shopto.

Either way this group is monitoring everything and well worth following.

https://discord.gg/EVRXxvxa

• Registered Users Posts: 3,143 ✭✭✭benny79

Lads this is all hype. I am confident that most shops will get plenty of stock in before Christmas they always do and im sure sony want the sales plus they said they are working around the clock. If little Johnny does'nt get a PS5 off Santa his parents will have to get him something else and they are not going to shell out €500 after xmas as they just wouldnt have the money!

Im speaking as a parent. Plus the stores would of came out and said it.

benny79 wrote: »
    Lads this is all hype. I am confident that most shops will get plenty of stock in before Christmas they always do and im sure sony want the sales plus they said they are working around the clock. If little Johnny does'nt get a PS5 off Santa his parents will have to get him something else and they are not going to shell out €500 after xmas as they just wouldnt have the money!

Good luck with that. Sony are making a loss on all PS5s sold, it's in their best interests to get as many sold as soon as possible. The longer they leave it the less money they make.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭oleard1987

benny79 wrote: »

I am confident that most shop would have it too but its the anxiety of not having one of xmas morning that worries me
    Child is at an age where questions are being asked about Santas existence and don't want him to write his list and then not to get one

• Advertisement

oleard1987 wrote: »
    I am confident that most shop would have it too but its the anxiety of not having one of xmas morning that worries me
    Child is at an age where questions are being asked about Santas existence and don't want him to write his list and then not to get one

We are in the same position. We have decided to have a plan B. Buy the earphones and charging port and a few accessories and a note from Santa saying that because of Covid he will have to pick up the console at the post office in January. Not ideal but is better than nothing

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭oleard1987

We are in the same position. We have decided to have a plan B. Buy the earphones and charging port and a few accessories and a note from Santa saying that because of Covid he will have to pick up the console at the post office in January. Not ideal but is better than nothing

Thats a great idea ,Never would taught of that
    I keep saying order something else and ill get the ps5 in Feb and ill give him 5000 VBUCKS :pac:

I don't know if this has been mentioned, but I was in Argos earlier and I asked if they will be getting in and PS5's. I was told that they won't be getting any until January at the earliest, and it sounds like the staff are pretty disappointed by this as well!

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭laneooo

Cex has a disc version for 875...let see how long that lasts...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,443 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

We did similar. Asked him for an alternative, Just in case.

Thankfully I got one and it arrived from the UK Thursday, so lucky though.

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

laneooo wrote: »
    Cex has a disc version for 875...let see how long that lasts...

CeX have a 2 week no questions asked unwanted return policy. Might as well give it a go.

You'd want to look into using a courier to ship it back though as their free returns only covers €120 or check if in store refunds are back on when non essential retail opens next week.

DaveyDave wrote: »
    CeX have a 2 week no questions asked unwanted return policy. Might as well give it a go.

You'd want to look into using a courier to ship it back though as their free returns only covers €120 or check if in store refunds are back on when non essential retail opens next week.

Oh I'd never even dream of paying anything close to that, just thought it would give us a idea of the demand in Ireland...550 would be pushing it for me right now, I want one for the nephew before myself but he's old enough to understand what's going on

I hope i doesn't sell and they are forced to bring the price down being honest so the parents that have young kids have a chance.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 382 ✭✭oldtimeyfella

Christ but I hate CeX. Pure price gouging for something that will be covered in pubes and smelling of weed smoke like everything does that comes out of their dreary shops.

...and it's gone. It actually depresses me people paying that price :(

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭steescribbles

Littlewoods might be restocking or gearing up to release stock. I ordered from them on launch day and it's been despatched this morning, but I also still had it on my wishlist. The listing does not exist, BUT I was able to add it to my cart directly from the wishlist as a pre-order delivery set for 21/12/2020. (see attachments)

So I'm guessing if you have the PS5 wishlisted from before (only visible in your account, again there is no page listing), you can add it to your cart. (as shown below).

I guess yous could also try and contact Littlewoods directly about this too.

UPDATE:
    I'm looking into this.

It's not as easy as sharing a link, unfortunately. Because the wish list is tied to my account, and the "add to cart" button has no URL tied to it because it uses a Javascript pop-up to confirm an item has been added to the cart. Bear with me while I sus this out, if it's at all possible.

If it's any use to you when the listing DOES go live, here's the URL (currently not working):
    https://www.littlewoodsireland.ie/playstation-5-console-with-optional-extras/1600549417.prd?amendCommerceItemId=ci282377001780

Sorry, but I won't be placing any orders.

UPDATE 2:
    It seems like Littlewoods had a system for sharing wishlists before via e-mail or social media according to some elements on the page. Can't seem to get it working though.

UPDATE 3:
    There is another workaround for this using Littlewood's Quick Order Page: https://www.littlewoodsireland.ie/quickOrder.page
    Type in "QK64J" and then press the Enter key. Select "PlayStation 5" for optional extras and then add to cart.
    BIG kudos to staplrsvrd for this megafind!

UPDATE 4:
    Out of stock! Keep an eye out on that Quick Order page though!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Deleted a lot of non stock related posts.

Shopto taking preorders for digital

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Bart22

https://www.shopto.net/en/ps5hw03-playstation-5-digital-console-p987302/?currency=GBP&affiliate_source=aw&awc=2943_1606580613_2e40cb42f92503dc5da441cbf2ffd3aa

they taking back order fo PS5 Digital

need to use address pal or parcel motel as they not ship to ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭WildCardDoW

Littlewoods might be restocking or gearing up to release stock. I ordered from them on launch day and it's been despatched this morning, but I also still had it on my wishlist. The listing does not exist, BUT I was able to add it to my cart directly from the wishlist as a pre-order delivery set for 21/12/2020. (see attachments)

So I'm guessing if you have the PS5 wishlisted from before (only visible in your account, again there is no page listing), you can add it to your cart. (as shown below).

I guess yous could also try and contact Littlewoods directly about this too.

UPDATE:
    I'm looking into this.

It's not as easy as sharing a link, unfortunately. Because the wish list is tied to my account, and the "add to cart" button has no URL tied to it because it uses a Javascript pop-up to confirm an item has been added to the cart. Bear with me while I sus this out, if it's at all possible.

If anyone else ordered from Littlewoods, would they please DM me?

Sorry, but I won't be placing any orders.

Fair play for trying. If you are on your laptop try an inspect element and hover over that - you might see the actual URL there.

Bart22 wrote: »
    https://www.shopto.net/en/ps5hw03-playstation-5-digital-console-p987302/?currency=GBP&affiliate_source=aw&awc=2943_1606580613_2e40cb42f92503dc5da441cbf2ffd3aa

they taking back order fo PS5 Digital

need to use address pal or parcel motel as they not ship to ireland
    What about Northern Ireland, and did u see the delivery time? Pre Xmas?
    Also they are charging a lot more than the 350 sterling price, could it be just a company looking to cash in on the demand? They cant guarantee pre xmas delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Bart22

They ship to Northern Ireland, no date for delivery, it may be after Xmas,I think it comes with second DualSens thats why the price is higher

And.....the site has crashed. Jaysus.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 StoryBuuud

Think I managed to get the order in via ShopTo. They aren't overcharging on the sterling price because it comes with an extra controller. Still waiting for my confirmation email but the site appears to have gone down.

Some saying on Twitter that ShopTo could be sending out these back orders before Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Oconnorfamily

I just ordered from littlewoods. I had it on my wishlist too. Thank you so much :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 staplrsvrd

Google "Littlewoods Quick Order", when on the page put in Item Number QK64J, press enter and should bring you to page for pre-order

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement