Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 Stock Updates - *READ FIRST POST*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭katiek102010

It lets you select the store for c&c for the digital edition.

Been like that all afternoon

Mando77 wrote: »
    Something happening with the smytgs website now by the looks of it disc page is gone desperately to get one now

Same here, what time do smyths usually go up for sale

Something happening with the smytgs website now by the looks of it disc page is gone desperately to get one now

Waiting up now

• Registered Users Posts: 4 dcas88

Yeah not letting me select the disc version, just keeps refreshing/staying on page, digital is fine can select click and collect

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Marksman1

Waiting up now

Disc wont load now digital will tho

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Pipmae

Same here, what time do smyths usually go up for sale
    Well the day they launched it they put it live at 12.01 as in one minute past midnight.

Marksman1 wrote: »
    Disc wont load know digital will tho

Yup but out of stock everywhere

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Black and yellow

Could this be the time do we think ??

Yup but out of stock everywhere

Strange smyths is acting like this tho 🀔

Heart is fluttering a bit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Saz2020

Hope so. Best of luck everyone

Also feel like smyths will be the most reliable in comparison to other places

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

Hopefully third time lucky after Tesco and Littlewoods

Also feel like smyths will be the most reliable in comparison to other places

What time did they update last time

What time did they update last time

12:01 apparently

Exhausted. Com, my child better be good tmrw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭St. Westy

Dont smyths always announce stuff like this though , I really feel it’s just a glitch as they have to change the website for opening tmrw , I wouldn’t hold my breath or be staying up all night guys

Mate of mine got xbox on launch day but it was 430am with smiths but could be a one off.

No other item is going ape tho just the ps5

St. Westy wrote: »
    Dont smyths always announce stuff like this though , I really feel it’s just a glitch as they have to change the website for opening tmrw , I wouldn’t hold my breath or be staying up all night guys

Would it be the case that they don’t want their website to crash ? They haven’t announced xbox restocked as far as I know

• Advertisement

Personally I think no announcement is the best way, otherwise scalpers will be all over it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Surely smyths would make an announcement about via an interest email if they were getting stock in.

St. Westy wrote: »

I have to try, I'm not very tech savvy and have dyspraxia.

I have slow fingers and not quick enough. Launch date lost so many from basket on tesco, DID and amazon.

I stupidly believed I had one in gamestop on pre-order, now its 27th Dec.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭St. Westy

Would it be the case that they don’t want their website to crash ? They haven’t announced xbox restocked as far as I know

In fairness it doesn’t matter if they announce it or not when they have freaks like us noticing the slightest change on websites within seconds ha but I really don’t think this is anything , Xbox’s have been popping up daily , around the country , how they are going to distribute the PS5’s is gonna be interesting

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Surely smyths would make an announcement about via an interest email if they were getting stock in.

That might alert the bots and scalpers to go and bulk buy again.

After seeing how Harvey Norman went maybe they thought best not too.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭mcgooch

Glico Man wrote: »
    That might alert the bots and scalpers to go and bulk buy again.

The scalper scum use bots so an announcement wouldn't make any difference. I'm hoping Smyths are going to use Click & Collect for their next round of PS5 stock. They limit them to one per customer which should make things more difficult for scalpers and their pesky bots.

Thats true, according to my mate he stayed up all night 🌙

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

I really hope this works out, I miss sleep, but scalpers and bots sadly probably know about this change.

Let's hope we all aren't picking the same store.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

They didn't the last time when I got my one, I was waiting for an email back and only for a little glance in here I saw it up for pre order on Smyth's...

It was 23:37PM I pre ordered mine according to my email I got back from them...

Probably for the best to combat the scalping going on

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement