Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 Stock Updates - *READ FIRST POST*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭seantobin43

Saz2020 wrote: »
    Parked outside my local Smyths now. Opens at 9.will update as soon as I'm outta there guys

What smyths store are you trying?

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Saz2020

Roughly 8 ppl q'ing now. May not be all Ps5s tho. 10 mins to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 MrEarthWormJim

Fair play to ya.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭Sarn

Doodah7 wrote: »
    None. Obviously.

That was my initial thought. But the fact that they’ve removed the disc version from the website might mean there is a slim chance there could be some available for pick-up. A ‘beat the scalpers’ offering.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 dwils

nothing happening online - any word from in stores?

• Advertisement

No joy in Smyths. They cudnt tell me anything. Same genric bollx they are saying on twitter. Some time this month, keep an eye out blah blah

Will be trying currys now. They open at 9.30, will keep ye posted

• Registered Users Posts: 8,717 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

No joy in Smyths. They cudnt tell me anything. Same genric bollx they are saying on twitter. Some time this month, keep an eye out blah blah

Were they able to say it keeping a straight face? I would have laughed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Cloudio9

I'm sure it's a pain in the hole having people ask you about PS5's every few minutes all day long, so a standard answer makes total sense.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 382 ✭✭oldtimeyfella

Cloudio9 wrote: »
    I'm sure it's a pain in the hole having people ask you about PS5's every few minutes all day long, so a standard answer makes total sense.

Especially when it's on your website and social media as well.

• Advertisement

Especially when it's on your website and social media as well.

I'd imagine it is annoying to be asked. Wish management wud allow staff to give a bit of info. Oh well.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Fran1978

Went to Smyths in Swords no joy. They only had 11 consoles to sell ps5 and xbox ffs..No preorders taken and the usual they dont know line.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 382 ✭✭oldtimeyfella

I'd imagine it is annoying to be asked. Wish management wud allow staff to give a bit of info. Oh well.

That is the info though. These companies aren't trying to hide the fact that they have/are getting stock.

They just don't know when they are getting it and they are telling people that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Dubdude wrote: »
    Who told u that?

Common sense told me.

Currys no good either. He said it wud be online, now I know that xbox was released in currys last week and not a word of it was on their website and I asked him about that but he couldn't give an explanation as to why that happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭nedd

Currys no good either. He said it wud be online, now I know that xbox was released in currys last week and not a word of it was on their website and I asked him about that but he couldn't give an explanation as to why that happened.

My guess is they are not giving heads up of when stock arrive to avoid their sites crashing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Betty88

Just saw someone on Twitter there said that the manager in Smyths told them the click and collect button will be activated this week

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭gaming_needs90

The PS5 disc is back on the site just now!

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Henbabani

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Fran1978

Betty88 wrote: »
    Just saw someone on Twitter there said that the manager in Smyths told them the click and collect button will be activated this week

Yeah! they told me that in Swords also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Betty88 wrote: »

Sometimes I hate living in Kilkenny.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 wublabdubadoo

Game UK confirms (via email) they will have stock on the 10th, this was posted on stock informer forum.

How does ordering from GAME work from here, btw? Never had a notion of trying it. Do they deliver to your address or is there something else you need to do?

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Rigardo

How does ordering from GAME work from here, btw? Never had a notion of trying it. Do they deliver to your address or is there something else you need to do?

I would imagine Parcel Motel, Address Pal or another forwarding service would be the way to go

Rigardo wrote: »
    I would imagine Parcel Motel, Address Pal or another forwarding service would be the way to go

I see. Never tried it. I think it was mentioned to me before but I never went ahead with the idea of using it

Actually, now that I think of it. One of these is outside my local Lidl. It's new enough but I don't know what it's for

1598004656599.jpg--.jpg?1598004656000

• Registered Users Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭frash

Game saying the 24th for stock now (they were saying the 10th)
    24th not much use to most on here

image0.png?width=283&height=612

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭gaming_needs90

frash wrote: »

I imagine it's very much so a placeholder

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Henbabani

frash wrote: »

How did you found this page?
    only thing I'm seeing it's different page saying out of stock

thx

• Registered Users Posts: 26 wublabdubadoo

Henbabani wrote: »

thx

A VPN is required to see the correct pages on Game, its a hassle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭frash

Henbabani wrote: »

thx

I found it on the (very annoying & full of eejits) Discord group

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement