Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 Stock Updates - *READ FIRST POST*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19 staplrsvrd

Just type in CONSOLES into the searchbar on GAME and should come up

• Registered Users Posts: 17 RedDevil123

Just a heads up for anyone thinking of trying Game. I waited in the queue last time for them for an hour got to the page to order one for sometime in December and it wouldn't let me add one to the basket. It kept saying they don't currently support international shipping.

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭WildCardDoW

Just a heads up for anyone thinking of trying Game. I waited in the queue last time for them for an hour got to the page to order one for sometime in December and it wouldn't let me add one to the basket. It kept saying they don't currently support international shipping.

You'll need a VPN for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 wublabdubadoo

You'll need a VPN for sure.

Undoubtedly, you will need vpn to buy anything from them[from my recent experience]

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭d9d

Saz2020 wrote: »
    Currys no good either. He said it wud be online, now I know that xbox was released in currys last week and not a word of it was on their website and I asked him about that but he couldn't give an explanation as to why that happened.

Fair play on keeping us updated with Smyths and the rest this morning. 👍

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭Thewife

Sometimes I hate living in Kilkenny.

Is there no Smyths in Kilkenny?
    I’m hoping to get one in Waterford so if you manage to get one there I could drive to the Kilkenny border and meet you with it I’m presuming we allowed travel anywhere within our own county ??

• Registered Users Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Graham_B18C

Just a heads up for the people considering Game. I managed to get an order in for one on the 19th after sitting in a queue for an hour. They told me my order was successful and I'd get the console on the 10th of December. Money was taken from my account on the 20th (was told in the email it'd be taken 48hrs before it was dispatched) and it was in the post on Monday the 23rd, had it delivered on the 25th. So you may well get it earlier than the dates shown if you order one

Anytime I’ve tried to order from there it won’t let me because it recognises I’m in Ireland , how did you get around this please ?
    Just a heads up for the people considering Game. I managed to get an order in for one on the 19th after sitting in a queue for an hour. They told me my order was successful and I'd get the console on the 10th of December. Money was taken from my account on the 20th (was told in the email it'd be taken 48hrs before it was dispatched) and it was in the post on Monday the 23rd, had it delivered on the 25th. So you may well get it earlier than the dates shown if you order one

• Registered Users Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Graham_B18C

I live in the UK, I assume using a VPN and address pal or parcel motel would work though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭olestoepoke

Game are in northern Ireland, if I was assured of one on the 24th I'd drive up and get it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

did you have to use parcelmotel/wizard?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

sweetie wrote: »
    did you have to use parcelmotel/wizard?
    I live in the UK

:D :P

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Black and yellow

Just found out from a friend that works in Argos that staff were aloud order the ps5 today before anyone from the public could

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭olestoepoke

Just found out from a friend that works in Argos that staff were aloud order the ps5 today before anyone from the public could

Great more potential scalpers

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭lemonkey

Sounds like the 2nd wave of stock is on it's way to Ireland then. It's anyone's guess when it goes live though.

lemonkey wrote: »
    Sounds like the 2nd wave of stock is on it's way to Ireland then. It's anyone's guess when it goes live though.

He told me he’d have it this week or start of next if that’s any help

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

I do wonder why the only day you could find the ps5 on Argos was between 4 and 9 launch day, hasn't been available since, would guess staff got those as well, did he have a clue regarding amount of stock or were they limited to one per employee even?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Mango Joe

Not dismissing this entirely and no disrespect to poster - But I will point out that it's about the 5th contradictory Argos rumour on this thread.

I heard that if you can beat the Argos Warehouse Manager in a bare knuckle brawl by moonlight they give you a PS5 and a small bucket for your teeth.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

Mango Joe wrote: »
    Not dismissing this entirely and no disrespect to poster - But I will point out that it's about the 5th contradictory Argos rumour on this thread.

I heard that if you can beat the Argos Warehouse Manager in a bare knuckle brawl by moonlight they give you a PS5 and a small bucket for your teeth.

Which warehouse!?

Just going off what I heard from a close friend that the manager of the particular Argos asked staff would they like to order one and I was told by him they are expecting to have it this week or early next week

• Advertisement

JamboMac wrote: »
    I do wonder why the only day you could find the ps5 on Argos was between 4 and 9 launch day, hasn't been available since, would guess staff got those as well, did he have a clue regarding amount of stock or were they limited to one per employee even?

Apologies I have no idea about stock but it was one per person because I asked him could he get me one and he couldn’t

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭lolokeogh

well here goes hitting the refresh button for a other week...

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭WildCardDoW

Apologies I have no idea about stock but it was one per person because I asked him could he get me one and he couldn’t

Anyone that has worked retail would know this is par for the course. Of course staff get first dibs (perks of the job) so if they are (finally) coming in they'll get them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Thewife wrote: »
    Is there no Smyths in Kilkenny?
    I’m hoping to get one in Waterford so if you manage to get one there I could drive to the Kilkenny border and meet you with it I’m presuming we allowed travel anywhere within our own county ??

I don't drive :pac: It's not a big deal I'll get it where/when I'm able. Sound for the offer though. :)

Im that desperate I’d give this a go 🀣

• Registered Users Posts: 28 2020Con2020

For this year? , like before Xmas? .

For this year? , like before Xmas? .

Yeah read up he told me expecting it this week/ next didn’t say when about public tho he’s unsure

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭laneooo

CEX do have another ps5 for any parents that are desperate for there child and willing to pay 875.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭Tefral

laneooo wrote: »
    CEX do have another ps5 for any parents that are desperate for there child and willing to pay 875.

gone, which would mean some poor family are getting rode for it.

this is mental stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,998 ✭✭✭✭josip

Anyone that has worked retail would know this is par for the course. Of course staff get first dibs (perks of the job) so if they are (finally) coming in they'll get them.

I have a cunning plan...
    https://ie.indeed.com/Smyths,-Argos-jobs

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement