Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 Stock Updates - *READ FIRST POST*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

josip wrote: »

Didn't someone actually email the head buyer of Argos the other day?

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭lemonkey

Fieldog wrote: »
    Didn't someone actually email the head buyer of Argos the other day?

:D

Ya, I messaged him on Linked In. He's still yet to reply :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,486 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Mod note: Please try to limit the off-topic posts everyone, I know there's not much in the way of updates but do try to keep things focused if you can.

Also, take a step back when it comes to the 'my mate who works in *shop* says...' posts. I know those posts are likely made with good intentions, but they are just rumours and speculation so take them with a serious pinch of salt... even if they are a good friend!

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭Thewife

I messaged some some Sony executives on linked in also , strangely I got no reply either 🀔 I think a restraining order might be on its way to me though 🀣
    lemonkey wrote: »
    Ya, I messaged him on Linked In. He's still yet to reply :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Black and yellow

That “expected stock in December “ is back on smyths. Compared to what it said last night

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭HDonal

Kmcg46 wrote: »
    Ok yesterday I posted that argos staff were told that they wouldnt have any in before christmas, today just as another person posted that staff have been told they will be in, from what I hear some time between saturday and sunday this week, again if and when I hear more I will keep ye posted

Thank you for all the updates. I wish I could contribute more besides wishing ye all good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭Frank11

HDonal wrote: »
    Thank you for all the updates. I wish I could contribute more besides wishing ye all good luck.

You could put the kettle on :)

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭HDonal

Frank11 wrote: »
    You could put the kettle on :)

Done!

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Henbabani

Amazon uk just opened xbox.
    Keep an eye

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭jonny_b

Had a digital version in my basket on shopto 20 mins ago and of course it had to crash

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 YupYup17

Any rumor's of tonight ? Worth staying up ?

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭vinny33

So I just checked smyths and even though it says out of stock when choosing a ps5, it now has a store attached to the message. I'm sure that didn't happen last night/ this morning.

Maybe they're getting ready to allocate the stock to the stores. Another late night for me 😭

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭MrsBean

Smyths did have stores attached last night and this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭Sarn

vinny33 wrote: »
    So I just checked smyths and even though it says out of stock when choosing a ps5, it now has a store attached to the message. I'm sure that didn't happen last night/ this morning.

Maybe they're getting ready to allocate the stock to the stores. Another late night for me 😭

It was like that yesterday before the console disappeared and has been like that since earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭vinny33

Sarn wrote: »
    It was like that yesterday before the console disappeared and has been like that since earlier.

Ah no worries, I thought I checked it earlier and it didn't have a store attached to it. Sorry for that

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Saz2020

vinny33 wrote: »
    Ah no worries, I thought I checked it earlier and it didn't have a store attached to it. Sorry for that

You're actually right. It only had click and collect option. And then ud click to see stores. Now it shows ur selected store. And instead of it saying click and collect like other items do, it says in store.
    The digital one says Click and Collect but Disc says In store

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Bart22

Maybe they waiting for lockdown to be over in UK so they release stock in Ireland and UK on same time..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

If it’s in store only then that’s me ****ed, will have to be at work

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    If it’s in store only then that’s me ****ed, will have to be at work

I'd say it would be pre order online to collect in store.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Saz2020 wrote: »
    I'd say it would be pre order online to collect in store.

Yeah, I don’t think it’d be a great look for a store to be encouraging large groups to queue outside their premises. And any measure to minimise the # of consoles a bot can buy the better.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 382 ✭✭oldtimeyfella

Bart22 wrote: »
    Maybe they waiting for lockdown to be over in UK so they release stock in Ireland and UK on same time..

These kind of things aren't happening. It's high demand item selling in the busiest retail period of the year. They aren't hiding stock in a warehouse somewhere.

Sony are making as many as they can and the shops are just selling out immediately.

There's no secret stash of them and no special code you can enter on a retailers website to make one magically pop into existence.

At the moment it's just about being quick when stock actually appears at reliable retailers.

Was originally told on Harvey norman live chat release day when my order didn’t process that there would be more stock in December, not sure if I would trust that though. Still feel like smyths will be the best bet before Christmas

Was originally told on Harvey norman live chat release day when my order didn’t process that there would be more stock in December, not sure if I would trust that though. Still feel like smyths will be the best bet before Christmas

When I collect my dual sense charger in store over a week ago, I had asked and a member of staff did say they were getting more in for Christmas and it wud be online first come first serve type thing. And will be announced on their socials.

Smyths, Argos or Amazon would be all I'd trust to actually get one in the next while.

Smyths and Argos only have them on the website if they actually have the console and they confirm it's in store before you go to pick up your reservation. Amazon give a fairly spot on delivery date before you even click the link to add to your basket.

Everyone else is just taking preorders for whenever they get stock and hoping that no one cancels their orders or looks for a refund.

Saz2020 wrote: »
    When I collect my dual sense charger in store over a week ago, I had asked and a member of staff did say they were getting more in for Christmas and it wud be online first come first serve type thing. And will be announced on their socials.

Where was this for Harvey Norman or smyths ?

Where was this for Harvey Norman or smyths ?

Harvey Norman, 3 days after launch day they told me that. But didn't really believe him.

Smyths, Argos or Amazon would be all I'd trust to actually get one in the next while.

Smyths and Argos only have them on the website if they actually have the console and they confirm it's in store before you go to pick up your reservation. Amazon give a fairly spot on delivery date before you even click the link to add to your basket.

Everyone else is just taking preorders for whenever they get stock and hoping that no one cancels their orders or looks for a refund.

Would also be interested in seeing if tesco get more stock, although my order was canceled I feel like the whole situation was done very well by them

Would also be interested in seeing if tesco get more stock, although my order was canceled I feel like the whole situation was done very well by them

They oversold them and cancelled a bunch of orders. Not exactly stellar.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

They oversold them and cancelled a bunch of orders. Not exactly stellar.
    And gave everyone a €30 voucher for the inconvenience. In anyone's books that should be considered a decent resolution when they weren't out of pocket.

As opposed to others who took money from people , cancelled orders, haven't offered anything and people are still waiting for their money back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Pipmae

kmart6 wrote: »
    And gave everyone a €30 voucher for the inconvenience. In anyone's books that should be considered a decent resolution when they weren't out of pocket.
    I managed to order twice with Tesco and they cancelled twice. I spent my €60 e-voucher today instore.:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement