Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 Stock Updates - *READ FIRST POST*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Saz2020

Kmcg46 wrote: »
    If you read my other posts you will see my source. Best of luck to all tonight, I wont be posting anymore updates.

Thanks a mill for all ur updates. Really appreciate them

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Marksman1

Saz2020 wrote: »
    Thanks a mill for all ur updates. Really appreciate them

Same here

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭jonny_b

If you read my other posts you will see my source. Best of luck to all tonight, I wont be posting anymore updates.

Thanks for the updates. Don't mind the keyboard warriors here

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭HDonal

Thanks for the updates, really appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭javagal

Thanks for your update. I'm been following your posts and info. Will have to set an alarm tonight!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭frash

Aw man - don't let a couple of users stop you posting.
    Most of us appreciate your updates.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Just a heads up that Amazon might be releasing some stock soon. Just got an email to say that they have sourced a replacement for mine that went AWOL in the post so I'm guessing they have PS5s on the way.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I sold my console on the day of launch but hope to pick one up in March 2021 - surely the stock issues will be sorted by then?

• Registered Users Posts: 49 tommydublin

It's rumoured that Argos will have them online at 5:55am on the next full moon, but only if you press F5 at exactly 55 seconds past

Only for argos.ie..???

• Registered Users Posts: 8,717 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Only for argos.ie..???

What if you queue up outside the store upside down?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Was in Smyths at lunch and just asked about the PS5. He said they expect stock over the weekend but could be Friday, Saturday or Sunday morning before they're up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Minime2.5

What's gamestop current stance on stock updates .

Yet 20 minutes ago they tweeted to say they have no confirmed date for stock.

twitter.com/SmythsToysIRE/status/1334124998177468416

Yeah saw that. Just reporting what I was told.

Yet 20 minutes ago they tweeted to say they have no confirmed date for stock.

twitter.com/SmythsToysIRE/status/1334124998177468416

Yeah saw that. Just reporting what I was told.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭lemonkey

I was told yesterday that they think it might be February before they have them in-store. But like all the other suppliers, you never know.

I'd imagine that is the case. They sold two lots of pre-orders. One for launch day and one which is still outstanding.

FutureGuy wrote: »
    I sold my console on the day of launch but hope to pick one up in March 2021 - surely the stock issues will be sorted by then?
    I would imagine so. March, maybe April.

Sony's production capacity is not going to change greatly in the short term - yield may improve very slightly. So it comes down to demand and typically we would expect demand to fall sharply post xmas.

However if there's more lockdowns etc, demand could stay high well into Q1 or Q2. We'll just have to wait and see.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Schnat

Just noticed on the Argos side the out of stock message is gone now. Maybe a sign :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,804 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Schnat wrote: »
    Just noticed on the Argos side the out of stock message is gone now. Maybe a sign :-)

Still there for me. It's just not on the mobile site.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Schnat

DopeTech wrote: »

Mhh I'm using a desktop and it just disappeared after a refresh, who knows.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 dwils

I think Argos & Smyths are defo the ones to watch over the next 24 hours!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

I just updated the guys in the pre order thread about my pre order but just a little stock update for the any guys waiting on stock to appear in Gamestop, either from a pre order or just general sale.

So they expect a large shipment in late December that will be just in before 24th December. I'd imagine this will cover the majority of the remaining store pre orders but some stores may cover their lot and have some left over for general sale. Thats just my opinion, not a fact

Hope that's of some help to people

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Cossie44

Colemania wrote: »
    I just updated the guys in the pre order thread about my pre order but just a little stock update for the any guys waiting on stock to appear in Gamestop, either from a pre order or just general sale.

So they expect a large shipment in late December that will be just in before 24th December. I'd imagine this will cover the majority of the remaining store pre orders but some stores may cover their lot and have some left over for general sale. Thats just my opinion, not a fact

Hope that's of some help to people

Did you pre order in store or virtual queue? And when please

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭Thewife

Thank you for your updates , I for one really appreciate them . Thank you

• DopeTech wrote: »

Where are you seeing be ps5 listing.

Post the link here please

They are either confusing this with the Series X, which did have an out of stock message which is now gone, or they're talking about Argos UK maybe?

Irish Argos has never had an out of stock message, afaik. They're just not listed at all for us at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Basil3 wrote: »
    Irish Argos has never had an out of stock message, afaik. They're just not listed at all for us at the moment.

They have it's been like that for about 1.5 weeks

https://www.argos.ie/vp/a2t/roi_pdp_soldout.html?storeId=10152&catalogId=15051&langId=111&searchTerms=8349000&authToken=-1002%252CTb6zd56kFOpztp1WPmC9rktuDxQ%253D

Also if you go to Argos.ie and click on quick shop on the top and type in 834/9000 it shows up with the same result. If you even google that stock code you're brought to the Argos UK Support site referring to the Console as well. I highly doubt the code is going to change soon.

Berty wrote: »
    They have it's been like that for about 1.5 weeks

https://www.argos.ie/vp/a2t/roi_pdp_soldout.html?storeId=10152&catalogId=15051&langId=111&searchTerms=8349000&authToken=-1002%252CTb6zd56kFOpztp1WPmC9rktuDxQ%253D

Also if you go to Argos.ie and click on quick shop on the top and type in 834/9000 it shows up with the same result. If you even google that stock code you're brought to the Argos UK Support site referring to the Console as well. I highly doubt the code is going to change soon.

Ah OK, I thought they were referring to going to the PS5 through a listing on Argos. The listings have been pulled, but I expect the stock number to stay the same, just as what has happened with the Series X.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,804 ✭✭✭DopeTech

I was saying the out of stock holding page is still there on desktop on argos.ie if you search for 834/9000.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,143 ✭✭✭benny79

serious lads this thread is getting out of hand its for stock updates only.

Full of waffle lately..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 WhiteSpoofer

benny79 wrote: »
    serious lads this thread is getting out of hand its for stock updates only.

Full of waffle lately..

Great update Benny. Managed to grab two. Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement