Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 Stock Updates - *READ FIRST POST*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

Can digital version be reserved also or is it just the disc version?

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭zep

ShaneEhans wrote: »
    How high are the chances these reservations get cancelled?

I'd be surprised if they updated the website without stock

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Zorton

Link ??

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭cellboy

for collection 7th-9th Dec!!
    Too good to be true!!

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Aokay

Tempted to reserve another in case there's an issue but worried they'll see I've two reserved under the same phone number. Could use a mates I suppose.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 jsaxons

Is this real or what? got the email but didn't get the message.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

Different collection dates for different stores...could this be actually real?!

Any link for the digital console?

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭BalboBiggins

These will be cancelled lads. If they had stock there would be exact numbers for each store.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭mcgooch

The collection dates being suggested could be estimates of when they expect to receive stock - the text message I received says "we will text you again when it arrives in store"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 StoryBuuud

People from the UK on the Discord have been able to reserve it too. Makes me a bit more confident but still feel like I'll get burned again like I did with Littlewoods

Keep getting

Out of stock

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭Bazsutto

These will be cancelled lads. If they had stock there would be exact numbers for each store.

Coming up out of stock now when you try to reserve after entering mobile and email.

The following items were not purchased
    Sony PlayStation 5 Console 834/9000

€499.99

Out of stock

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

mcgooch wrote: »
    The collection dates being suggested could be estimates of when they expect to receive stock - the text message I received says "we will text you again when it arrives in store"

I have my doubts but the reservation being a few days out leads me to believe stock has landed in the warehouse and will be distributed to stores as necessary...

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭baalad

Given that there is 2/4 stores all supposed to have stock this weekend i would say there is a reasonable chance this is legit. Although if they are not available for collection tomorrow then they do not have stock and i would have thought they would wait until they physically have it before taking reservations. Any one of us could easily reserve 4/5 consoles without a penny being handed over. Seems odd but my gut feeling is that stock is coming soon so why cant it be real i guess

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭Bazsutto

baalad wrote: »
    Given that there is 2/4 stores all supposed to have stock this weekend i would say there is a reasonable chance this is legit. Although if they are not available for collection tomorrow then they do not have stock and i would have thought they would wait until they physically have it before taking reservations. Any one of us could easily reserve 4/5 consoles without a penny being handed over. Seems odd but my gut feeling is that stock is coming soon so why cant it be real i guess

Normal policy for Argos. They never take payment until collection.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Seaharry2

I order off of argos alot and the text message from argos has all my last orders that i got above itðŸ˜႒

I got the same text actually. Usually with a reservation you don't get a second text. You just collect it on the date they specify

Seaharry2 wrote: »
    I order off of argos alot and the text message from argos has all my last orders that i got above itðŸ˜႒

Just ring the argos tomorrow to get verification maybe??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

I got 8-10th so hopefully it worked

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭mcgooch

DaveyDave wrote: »
    I have my doubts but the reservation being a few days out leads me to believe stock has landed in the warehouse and will be distributed to stores as necessary...

My thoughts exactly - once the current stock allocation is completely reserved then start distributing it to each of their stores as required.

Bazsutto wrote: »
    Normal policy for Argos. They never take payment until collection.

But with this being in such high demand they would hardly allow it to be so easy?? I could easily reserve 5 of these and delay others from getting them. I would have thought they would not take reservations unless they physically have stock

My thoughts exactly - once the current stock allocation is completely reserved then start distributing it to each of their stores as required.

This would make sense!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭zep

baalad wrote: »
    I got the same text actually. Usually with a reservation you don't get a second text. You just collect it on the date they specify

Email says"Will be available for collection" ....
    Fingers crossed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

Out of stock is all I get

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

Out of stock is all I get

Try a different store

• Registered Users Posts: 31 luke.cannon

Every time I tried I got the out of stock message but have had a couple of generic emails from argos saying about reservations, I'm so confused

Interesting that not everyone got the same dates too. I got "ready to collect between the 5th - 7th while others got 8th-10th

• Advertisement

5th 2 7th

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement