Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 Stock Updates - *READ FIRST POST*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭baalad

If anyone has reserved more then once maybe they can pm the reservation number plus store to collect from to those that had no luck??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,777 ✭✭✭highgiant1985

baalad wrote: »
    Interesting that not everyone got the same dates too. I got "ready to collect between the 5th - 7th while others got 8th-10th

yep I got Sunday December 6th to Tuesday December 8th 2020 (kilkenny)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

I got available to collect from 3rd to the 7th

I think you can let us know if it worked.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

I now have 2 emails with no reservation number. I have tried different stores.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,777 ✭✭✭highgiant1985

mcgooch wrote: »
    I just reserved a PS5 via Argos website here

GO GO GO!

shout out for this post. good work and thanks for flagging!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭Bazsutto

But with this being in such high demand they would hardly allow it to be so easy?? I could easily reserve 5 of these and delay others from getting them. I would have thought they would not take reservations unless they physically have stock

They don’t take payment for any other item. Why would they do it for this? Such a huge amount of items on this site, they not going to change it for one item. Either way, they know they will sell every one, weather it takes a few weeks of people not collecting them and having to relist.

Makes sense to me. We see what happens when you tell the world when stock is going to be listed resulting in a crash.

I’ve got my PS on launch, but helping a couple of mates sort out Santa.

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭zep

I now have 2 emails with no reservation number. I have tried different stores.

That's because it's now out of stock.

Every time I tried I got the out of stock message but have had a couple of generic emails from argos saying about reservations, I'm so confused

I just tried stock in about 7 / 8 different stores and all would allow me to place a reservation. The dates vary for each location though which personally i think is a little odd

Anyway of getting the digital console page to show?

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭BalboBiggins

If anyone has reserved more then once maybe they can pm the reservation number plus store to collect from to those that had no luck??

Half the lads in here have two posts. Good luck with that :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 Pixel Junky

Out of stock is all I get
    You need to click the specific link from page 300 on this board, it the disk version.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭fifi28

The story with Argos is usually if something you want to reserve is not physically located in your local branch but is available in the warehouse they allow you to reserve for collection at a later date ie after they can get it to the store from the warehouse - and different stores have different set delivery days hence why the differing collection dates depending on where you have reserved it! I got from Sun and crossing everything that it does turn up as its a santa present for my nephew

I just tried stock in about 7 / 8 different stores and all would allow me to place a reservation. The dates vary for each location though which personally i think is a little odd

Yes but when you get to final step it says out of stock and send an email without reservation code

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭steescribbles

Seems to be yet another case of website having a flawed quick order system that allows you to enter catalogue numbers to find unlisted items.

Which probably means, because the listing isn't officially live on the site, that it's a dead end.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Zorton

Gutted I didn't get this. Tried multiple stores and email has no code on it as would normally be the case and no corresponding text message.
    Congrats to everyone that got one successfully.

Great thread - keep up teh good work. Have been following daily and waited up tonight to check stock.
    Damn it lol

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭mcgooch

zep wrote: »
    Yes but when you get to final step it says out of stock and send an email without reservation code

This would suggest that all of their current stock allocation has now been reserved.

I just tried to reserve a second one incase the first one got cancelled and if iam lucky enough to reserve both i would sell one to a mate but now it does indeed say out of stock and i cant access the page anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

na. not there

zep wrote: »

Your correct. Just happened me

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭undertaker fan 88

Got blank email off them but my text has the reservation number...that good or bad?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭mcgooch

Zorton wrote: »
    Gutted I didn't get this. Tried multiple stores and email has no code on it as would normally be the case and no corresponding text message.
    Congrats to everyone that got one successfully.

Great thread - keep up teh good work. Have been following daily and waited up tonight to check stock.
    Damn it lol

Keep an eye on Smyths as they will no doubt have stock available soon. Also, there's a good chance other retailers such as Harvey Norman, DID, Currys will have more stock due soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,503 ✭✭✭Killinator

Got the emails saying thanks for reservation and how to collect but there's no reservation number on the email.
    It said there was stock available when I selected it.
    No text yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭dan786

Killinator wrote: »
    Got the emails saying thanks for reservation and how to collect but there's no reservation number on the email.
    No text yet.

You didnt get it then. The final page would have said out of stock. If email is blank then hard luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Zorton

Killinator wrote: »
    No text yet.

Thats what i got for all of my attempts.
    Means you didn't get a reservation..
    My first attempt was at 01.33 and I was already too late

Big shout out to @Kmcg46 who posted about this release. Cheers

Got blank email off them but my text has the reservation number...that good or bad?

For the second reservation i tried to place i got a blank email also but item said out of stock. If you received a reservation number then you might be good

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭undertaker fan 88

Zorton wrote: »
    Thats what i got for all of my attempts.
    Means you didn't get a reservation..
    My first attempt was at 01.33 and I was already too late

What if u got the email blank but the text send a code?

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭d9d

All gone. Can’t reserve it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭dan786

What if u got the email blank but the text send a code?

You wont get a text.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 Pixel Junky

dan786 wrote: »
    You wont get a text.
    They've always sent me a text for my orders though.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement