Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 Stock Updates - *READ FIRST POST*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭baalad

By the way i posted yesterday that Smyths were receiving stock Thursday and i believe other outlets are too. Wether this means they will be available tomorrow is another thing as maybe they receive them late Thursday and wait until Friday / Weekend to go live with them ??

I was told by a reliable staff member that smyths would have them last thursday or the following thursday so i would suspect they will certainly be available within the next day or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,503 ✭✭✭Killinator

Zorton wrote: »
    Thats what i got for all of my attempts.
    Means you didn't get a reservation..
    My first attempt was at 01.33 and I was already too late

I don't understand this at all.
    I click on my local store to reserve and it says available to order in stock and the dates it'll be available.
    Then I go through the process and reserve entering email and number.
    Then on the last screen it says out of stock and I get the reservation email.

No idea

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭mcgooch

What if u got the email blank but the text send a code?

Don't want to disappoint you, but it's most likely a reservation code for nothing at all which was generated automatically when you clicked the 'Reserve' button.

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭undertaker fan 88

dan786 wrote: »
    You wont get a text.

No I got a text thats the thing. Text has reservation number email doesn't?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭dan786

You can try it by going in and see if it works but you have nothing to prove what you reserved so they are just random numbers to them if nothing shows up when you try.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭d9d

Did anyone managed to get the reservation code at all?

I have just noticed that i got two emails. First one has a reservation number and second one is pretty much identical to the first email but with no reservation number .... weird

d9d wrote: »

Yup

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Niecey1993

Did anyone else notice when you click the link the url was m.Argos.ie but when you just google the page it’s w W W.Argos.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭undertaker fan 88

Seen this on twitter there to about uk stock going live in argos at 4am

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Black and yellow

Got an email with a reservation number but no text presuming I’ll be fine ?

Also worried staff will try take orders

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭d9d

If you search PS5 at Argos (the conventional way) there’s no console at all? ��

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Seaharry2

to say again got argos message with code and all my old messages were above it so it was from argos and got email with reservation number 2

Does the email state with item was reserved??

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭fifi28

baalad wrote: »

Yep

• Registered Users Posts: 6 mf1138

I got the number by email and Text

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Pixel Junky

Yep should be fine because email has reservation number and it's the item is listed on the email.

Maybe. Think is they send you a text when the item is in store. Sometimes it arrives well earlier than they say or sometime they get dont get it at all so there is no way to tell if its there in store other then going in every day and trying,

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

I reserved at 1:31, reservation number in email and text. Sure we'll see what happens.

• Advertisement

Yup store pick up 5-7 and reservation number

Yep should be fine because email has reservation number and it's the item is listed on the email.

Thank you! Had too much disappointment with this hopefully goes well now

Did anyone else receive 2 emails? One initially with reservation code and stating what item was reserved but 20 minutes later i got the same email but this time no reservation

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭mcgooch

Also worried staff will try take orders

How would they get away with this if a reservation code is linked to a specific customer mobile number? Wouldn't they be risking their jobs if they got caught?

mcgooch wrote: »
    How would they get away with this if a reservation code is linked to a specific customer mobile number? Wouldn't they be risking their jobs if they got caught?

After the staff having their own orders canceled have to say it is a bit of a worry. Like could just get an email saying your order was canceled and staff taking it

mcgooch wrote: »

Its being done for years for in demand items. They will just says in never arrived.

If you search PS5 at Argos (the conventional way) there’s no console at all? ��

Wondered this too. If they wanted us reserving it then why does it not shoe the conventional way

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭ckeogh

Wondered this too. If they wanted us reserving it then why does it not shoe the conventional way

It’s on the website?
    As quoted earlier...,

https://www.argos.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10152&catalogId=15051&langId=111&productId=1846030

ckeogh wrote: »

I mean if you use the search bar on the website and type in PS5 etc nothing comes up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭javagal

I keep getting order for collection then out of stock.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement