Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 Stock Updates - *READ FIRST POST*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭insert name here 123

Noticed UK Smyths store, on the disc Version, it Says "available in store only" I'm assuming if you live in the UK you just queue up and first come first served...?

It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

This is very different to the Series X launch, where stock was allocated to different stores, and people had to grab stock from wherever they could. In this case, everyone could reserve for their closest one. My feeling is this might have been set up for staff to reserve stock before the stock allocations were done to stores?

I'd be surprised if it's more than a few hundred that got reserved, which seems way too low a number for a shipment.

Basil3 wrote: »
    It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

This is very different to the Series X launch, where stock was allocated to different stores, and people had to grab stock from wherever they could. In this case, everyone could reserve for their closest one. My feeling is this might have been set up for staff to reserve stock before the stock allocations were done to stores?

I'd be surprised if it's more than a few hundred that got reserved, which seems way too low a number for a shipment.

+1

But would thar be normal practice to let staff have first dibs?

+1

But would thar be normal practice to let staff have first dibs?

I'm thinking possibly, only if they allowed a certain number. Normal practice seems to be going out the window with this one!

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Marksman1

All gone? Am i too late?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Rigardo

Marksman1 wrote: »
    All gone? Am i too late?

Don't know about you but every Argos I try says stock available. Add to basket proceed to checkout. It's only after you add your number an email that it says "sorry out of stock"

Frustrating is not the word

No seems to be gone. But friend of mine rang last night and he said Friday he would know?
    Thats why i went to bed. Ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭booterboy

Argos live now

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭WildCardDoW

Rigardo wrote: »
    Don't know about you but every Argos I try says stock available. Add to basket proceed to checkout. It's only after you add your number an email that it says "sorry out of stock"

Frustrating is not the word

They're gone, word went around 1.15 and was all done by 1.32.

Only hope is that people have multiple reservations they'll let go and some more stock appears.

Argos allowing multiple res against one store (Nevermind multiple) is a shambles.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

booterboy wrote: »
    Argos live now
    No stock, won't let you reserve

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭booterboy

ShaneU wrote: »
    No stock, won't let you reserve

I reserved,got an email but no item number or description on it ffs disaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭MrsMcSteamy

Hate to ask in this thread as its not the chat thread but if anyone got a reservation for Tullamore they won't end up using, or can't get to it, I would be very grateful.

Hate to ask in this thread as its not the chat thread but if anyone got a reservation for Tullamore they won't end up using, or can't get to it, I would be very grateful.

Pretty sure people could reserve for anywhere they wanted, as the stock isn't even in the stores yet. You're not going to have people getting rid of reservations because they can't get to it.

Yeah says in stock and when put in email says no stock....but still get email stating...thank for your reservation .

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭trinib

Reservation numbers being sold on Facebook, jesus christ! I looked here at 12am but fell back asleep, FML

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Tinkerbell4484

Argos uk has some available to collect from 4pm today in argos armagh. Reserve and pay online.

Argos uk has some available to collect from 4pm today in argos armagh. Reserve and pay online.
    page wont load. Say where fixing something

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭MrsMcSteamy

Basil3 wrote: »
    Pretty sure people could reserve for anywhere they wanted, as the stock isn't even in the stores yet. You're not going to have people getting rid of reservations because they can't get to it.

Fair enough I just thought on the off-chance someone managed to get a couple of reservations.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Aokay

frash wrote: »
    €150
    *snip*

God that doesn't seem shady at all. How the hell are you supposed to know he's not just giving you random numbers? There's no way to check.

Aokay wrote: »
    God that doesn't seem shady at all. How the hell are you supposed to know he's not just giving you random numbers? There's no way to check.

Wondering that myself. 150e a pop and someone in athlone actually paid, sure argos could do a littlewoods and cancel reservations I'm sure.

• Advertisement

Through his email.......but what if its another no go.....and all reservations are cancelled your down 150

frash wrote: »
    €150
    *snip*

Gone now

• Registered Users Posts: 5,862 ✭✭✭KH25

Just tried Argos when I woke up and it says in stock and I can order for collection, but then changes to out of stock when I put my details in. I assume this is the same for everyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Tinkerbell4484

Marksman1 wrote: »
    page wont load. Say where fixing something

Loading ok for me

https://www.argos.co.uk/browse/technology/video-games-and-consoles/ps5/ps5-consoles/c:812421/

KH25 wrote: »
    Just tried Argos when I woke up and it says in stock and I can order for collection, but then changes to out of stock when I put my details in. I assume this is the same for everyone?

You needed to wake up at 1am to have any chance.

Screenshot of the email, or forward the email. It's still a risk, though, as Argos could cancel the order or it could just not be there when you show up for collection.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Aokay

Gone now

Back again. The fact he says payment through PayPal makes it seem more legitimate but yeah as others have mentioned there's no guarantee Argos even fulfils these orders. I think he has Athlone as sold out to make it look like people are actually buying.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭laneooo

Don't know if it will be the same here but people are saying argos uk are cancelling there orders on hotukdeals

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭applejunkie

I've just managed to reserve one now on Argos i got an email with a reservation number but no text . Does that mean I have one ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭WildCardDoW

I've just managed to reserve one now on Argos i got an email with a reservation number but no text . Does that mean I have one ?

If the email actually has a reservation number and doesn't look like this, then yes.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement