Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 Stock Updates - *READ FIRST POST*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Dubdude

Fair play to HN that was better than adding to basket and hopefully stopped bots

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

For web users it was a shambles! I refreshed the actual PS5 section and got nothing. My brother saw it on his phone, but I couldn't for the life of me see any banner on desktop.

Yeah, there was nothing on Safari when I was looking. Missed it by seconds in the end I reckon.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

Got a disc one thanks be to jaysus

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭lemonkey

Dubdude wrote: »
    Fair play to HN that was better than adding to basket and hopefully stopped bots

Exactly. Good on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,853 ✭✭✭antimatterx

Went to book a disc when there was 26 remaining and missed out. The digital was secured with no trouble, however it's no use to me personally. I'll offer it to a friend, as I need a disc version.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,743 ✭✭✭micks_address

The good news with all this is there is stock or was some this morning and more probably due in the few weeks ahead.. its till 21 days till xmas.. the scalpers time is running out..

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Andzmoore

id be happy to take it off you if your friend isnt interested

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Aokay

So, Smyths will probably have a few at some stage today I would imagine?

Smyths taking their sweet time. I imagine they'll have the most stock of all considering they haven't taken any orders since the pre orders

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭olestoepoke

YupYup17 wrote: »
    Was very well run in Harvey Norman there no way to bots selecting loads at once. Hopefully secured a Digital One! Hope works out and yous all got sorted !

Excellent the way they handled it, keep the bots/scalpers out of it

The more stock that's bought the more chance you have of getting the next batch.

I'd imagine Smyths is gonna have loads.

Might be worth keeping an eye on Did.ie too. They had stock on launch day similar to HN.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭WildCardDoW

Yeah I got about 10 of those emails earlier but when I tried about 15 mins ago I got an email with all the details including reservation number in the subject line

Oh wow, fair play.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

If anybody got the digital and don't want it, I'll take it off their hands.

I heard locally alot of smyths stock was backdoored to family and friends,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,143 ✭✭✭benny79

whats the story with Game! there not even at the table! and they are a sole computer store shocking

Andzmoore wrote: »

I have no issue with that. Perks of the jobs.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Andzmoore wrote: »
    And someone else here said that all those orders were cancelled so there's no real way of knowing.

lemonkey wrote: »
    I have no issue with that. Perks of the jobs.
    yea of course me either, from what i heard it was the hieararchy, i got sorted for a digital still need to source one for santa for my nephew

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭bonzothebuzz

I secured a digital version on HN but will swap, paying the difference, for a disc version if anyone wants to do that

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I think people should move their "swapsies" requests to another thread. There is a lot of stock dropping today it seems in various places. Maybe keep if as clean as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 gglavin7771

Did anyone get the follow up email from HN yet? To pay for it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

I'd say there is less scalper demand for the digital as even CEX will only buy them for below-cost price.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭javagal

Amazon germany had them. Went from checkout

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Edenane

Amazon de and amazon fr just had stock as well. Anyone else having a problem were you get to checkout and it just dissappears? This has happened on amazon uk, de and fr EVERY SINGLE time I've tried to buy it

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭vicadd

Drumpot wrote: »

Thanks for the link Drumpot - managed to reserve a Digital. Was then doubting legitimacy of page as SSL cert was only valid from today and linked to lots of other sites...but see it was up on their Facebook page also.
    Santa is relieved now!

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭m8051

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭javagal

Has anyone got that link to the page that has all the retailers listed and links please

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Cmacc4

For anyone still unfortunate enough (like myself), to not get one and is still on the Gamestop waiting list, I was talking to someone in the shop who said "they're very optimistic" that they'll fulfill their pre-orders before Christmas...

Take from that what you will, just relaying the info.

Anywhere else we're expecting to see stock being dropped today? I keep missing out :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Did smyths drop stock this morning also

• Registered Users Posts: 5,862 ✭✭✭KH25

Kimbot wrote: »
    im sitting on the main page for HN all morning and not once did I see a banner.

Were you on a computer? I couldn’t see one on my laptop, but it popped up on the mobile site.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,143 ✭✭✭benny79

Did smyths drop stock this morning also

no

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement