Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 Stock Updates - *READ FIRST POST*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭The Floyd p

Garsy3 wrote: »
    I managed to get a digital one off harvey norman, however i am not tech savvy and i am not sure if this would have big enough memory for my son to use.

He plays Fifa, Assassins creed and maybe Call of duty and one other game.

Would the digital version have enough space for these games or should i hold off for a disk version?

Thanks

The average game is around 40gb, depending on what you're playing. Call of Duty is over 100gb I'd imagine, that game is a drain on any consoles.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,862 ✭✭✭KH25

I managed to get a digital one off harvey norman, however i am not tech savvy and i am not sure if this would have big enough memory for my son to use.

Would the digital version have enough space for these games or should i hold off for a disk version?

Thanks

I believe that as long as the games downloaded are on your account, you can remove them from your machine and re-download them whenever you want. Someone might correct me though.

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭Bazsutto

Just picked mine up from Argos. Girl on the till said it was the only one they got . So happy to have it in hand . Xmas sorted now

Which Argos was this?

I’ve collections for Sat and Mon.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Aokay

Just picked mine up from Argos. Girl on the till said it was the only one they got . So happy to have it in hand . Xmas sorted now

Did you get the text saying it was ready to collect? I've one reserved and have a code but I don't want to wait till Saturday haha

• Registered Users Posts: 17 RedDevil123

When did yours say you could collect it on the email?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 382 ✭✭oldtimeyfella

I'm surprised that Smyths are so quiet considering the stock launches by other retailers

It was 11 or 12ish when they released their last big tranche of Series Xs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Mango Joe

Aghhh... this thread was so busy with non updates I failed to check early this morning now all the links are sold out.... DOH!!!

Is Smyths due to have some, saw this mentioned??

Busy with non-updates posts like the above you mean???

Sure someone could say they missed out because of your post - If they were inclined to be randomly blaming people.

I missed out again cause I was driving in to work...... launching these things at 9am is never going to suit 99% of people in full time employment FFS!!!!

Congrats to everyone that got sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭javagal

Thanks for all the updates guys. I got a digital which we dont really want so if i managr a disk, i will pass it on here

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭lemonkey

Mango Joe wrote: »

Sure someone could say they missed out because of your post - If they were inclined to be randomly blaming people.

I missed out again cause I was driving in to work...... launching these things at 9am is never going to suit 99% of people in full time employment FFS!!!!

Keep an eye on Smyths if you get the chance. They've yet to drop stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭FlubberJones

Mango Joe wrote: »

I tried to justify it with a question on Smyths... which is update related.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 Buddha21

Nothing coming up ó. Any amazon for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 mathlabt1

Is Smyths our last option for today?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Keep an eye on Argos UK. In my trolley I can refresh and yes delivery doesn't come up BUT the fact that it is dipping in/out of stock in stores in Northern Ireland(near my PM Postcode) then their site obviously has stock coming and going.

534999.PNG

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I see the various EU Amazons have had mere seconds of stock this morning, in Germany, Italy and France.
    Hopefully it will mean that Amazon.co.uk will have a similar restock today, but if you aren't right there you are unlikely to be lucky, bots and scalpers seem to be swooping in and snatching everything up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭dan786

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I see the various EU Amazons have had mere seconds of stock this morning, in Germany, Italy and France.
    Hopefully it will mean that Amazon.co.uk will have a similar restock today, but if you aren't right there you are unlikely to be lucky, bots and scalpers seem to be swooping in and snatching everything up.

Amazon UK did before others already today.

Amazon Spain, Italy, Germany and France all followed and are now sold out too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 mathlabt1

Tubberfinn wrote: »
    I have been checking that since 2am but showing out of stock. Are you seeing stock available?
    Berty wrote: »
    Keep an eye on Argos UK. In my trolley I can refresh and yes delivery doesn't come up BUT the fact that it is dipping in/out of stock in stores in Northern Ireland(near my PM Postcode) then their site obviously has stock coming and going.

My one I had for collection went through twice. Took 2 amounts from my card. Got two confirmation emails for Newry. Got 2 more emails this morning saying both collections were cancelled.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭javagal

What about littlewoods?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

javagal wrote: »
    What about littlewoods?

They can fúck right off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,038 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

Sorry maybe keep eye out on tesco as they did have a lot of stock other week. They might again.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭lemonkey

CiDeRmAn wrote: »

Unfortunately you missed it.

Someone here posted about Amazon.co.uk stock this morning around 8.20am. Some of us were lucky to get them.

My Disc version isn't arriving til December 31st though. Some got lucky with December 14th.

• Advertisement

• CiDeRmAn wrote: »

Scalp scum will always take advantage of sites like argos and amazon until they actual use a form approach or use a temp capchta solution

HNs approach this morning was well implemented.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Cloudio9

just had a call form Argos saying one of my orders would be cancelled as strict 1 per customer policy so seems the argos order are good

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭ULMarc

Thanks

The storage capacity is the same for both variants of the PS5. Physical copies of games are installed entirely onto the system, they still take up as much storage as the digital versions. So, in that regard, it hasn't made a difference which PS5 you've purchased.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Tubberfinn

Scalp scum will always take advantage of sites like argos and amazon until they actual use a form approach or use a temp capchta solution

Except that HN had a banner on their page saying available at 9am - but failed to mention it was only available at 9am on Mobile Site not on Desktops

• Registered Users Posts: 17 cupcaketown

Has anyone received an email from HN to pay yet?

I've just got the below:
    You will receive a link to purchase your PS5 console to this email address.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭wpisdu

Not sure about bots, Amazon stock was up for 2 minutes or so, and if HN managed to sell +800 consoles in 2 minutes ...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭dan786

Cloudio9 wrote: »
    just had a call form Argos saying one of my orders would be cancelled as strict 1 per customer policy so seems the argos order are good

More like a staff member wants one.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭bmwfan

I reserved one in Argos and got the email with no reservation number so i guess i didn't get one

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Well intentioned I would say. Head over to their Twitter page to see the complaints, and their normal helpful responses are very short now.

When people had no awareness of that actual registration page then that isn't well implemented. I only found out because of this Thread.

Todays potential hope for others might be Smyths and I don't know but Twitter people keep banging on about Currys Ireland but I don't hold out much hope there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Pipmae

Cloudio9 wrote: »

What store was the reservation in case it's released online again?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement