Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 Stock Updates - *READ FIRST POST*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭gaming_needs90

Huh, I just reserved one in Argos?

• Registered Users Posts: 26 wublabdubadoo

Tubberfinn wrote: »
    Except that HN had a banner on their page saying available at 9am - but failed to mention it was only available at 9am on Mobile Site not on Desktops
    I managed on a desktop, its just some browsers settings may not allow you. The banner didn't show-up on my firefox but worked on edge.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,931 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Did any of you manage to get one from Amazon this morning?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Cloudio9 wrote: »
    just had a call form Argos saying one of my orders would be cancelled as strict 1 per customer policy so seems the argos order are good

You might elaborate for those of us who received multiple blank emails from Argos "Argos - Thank you for your Reservation" with no codes.

Is it that what you received or did you actually receive a reservation code(or more than one in your case)?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,200 ✭✭✭troyzer

Berty wrote: »
    Well intentioned I would say. Head over to their Twitter page to see the complaints, and their normal helpful responses are very short now.

When people had no awareness of that actual registration page then that isn't well implemented. I only found out because of this Thread.

Todays potential hope for others might be Smyths and I don't know but Twitter people keep banging on about Currys Ireland but I don't hold out much hope there.

I'll never understand this argument. They had limited stock. Most of the people on twitter weren't going to get it anyway. But this system made it very difficult for them to be scalped by bots.

The system worked perfectly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 RedDevil123

just had a call form Argos saying one of my orders would be cancelled as strict 1 per customer policy so seems the argos order are good
    Did you use the same number and email address for both?

I ordered two under different emails and numbers. One for me and one for a friend. Hoping they don't cancel one

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭javagal

Can anyone get into argos now

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Tubberfinn

I managed on a desktop, its just some browsers settings may not allow you. The banner didn't show-up on my firefox but worked on edge.

Ah ok fair enough - I was in chrome searching for Consoles on site and couldn't see any.

javagal wrote: »

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭dan786

javagal wrote: »

Yes and its still sold out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭applejunkie

When did yours say you could collect it on the email?

Between today and Saturday was on the email

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

I have a feeling that this is the start of the regular supply entering the shops. Sony stated on a number of occasions that there will be sufficient stock for the holiday season.
    It's good to see some of ye got sorted out, but the whole situation of sitting up all night waiting for updates from Discord is not good for anyone's health :-(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,603 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

I have a feeling that this is the start of the regular supply entering the shops. Sony stated on a number of occasions that there will be sufficient stock for the holiday season.
    It's good to see some of ye got sorted out, but the whole situation of sitting up all night waiting for updates from Discord is not good for anyone's health :-(

3 weeks now of completely broken sleep, I actually cannot take anymore. I need a solid nights sleep at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,999 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

Managed to get a reservation for click and collect on Argos early in the morning, which is a problem for me, since I live in a county with no Argos, and the closest one is just past the county border. Anyone help me out on this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭RVN10

bmwfan wrote: »
    I reserved one in Argos and got the email with no reservation number so i guess i didn't get one

This happened me also

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭jonny_b

Mr Crispy wrote: »
    Did any of you manage to get one from Amazon this morning?

Yeah I had a disc version at checkout and kept getting error then I tried the digital and kept getting the same. I think the 6th try of checkout on digital I finally got it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,603 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Managed to get a reservation for click and collect on Argos early in the morning, which is a problem for me, since I live in a county with no Argos, and the closest one is just past the county border. Anyone help me out on this?

where is it for?

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭Bazsutto

Essential item for your sanity.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,999 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

Kimbot wrote: »
    where is it for?
    Crescent Shopping Centre.
    Bazsutto wrote: »
    Essential item for your sanity.
    Gonna have to convince Bob the bus driver on that one.

Im not near there but hopefully someone can help you out :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭gaming_needs90

I am confused. I reserved one on Argos but there is no reservation code on the email etc, I presume this was par for the course for the past few weeks?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

You'll be fine. Just pick something essential from Argos and say that's the reason you're travelling if stopped.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Cloudio9

Did you use the same number and email address for both?

I ordered two under different emails and numbers. One for me and one for a friend. Hoping they don't cancel one

Same phone number. Different email.
    received texts and reservation numbers in email for both

I am confused. I reserved one on Argos but there is no reservation code on the email etc, I presume this was par for the course for the past few weeks?

yeah that isnt reserved for you. if it has a reservation number then its reserved.

I'll that the crescent of course. 10 mins from me :D

You can have my digital version from HN then. Enjoy all the PMs you're about to get.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭dan786

Same phone number. Different email.
    received texts and reservation numbers in email for both

Which store was this? If its ilac they do this all the time to keep stuff for their staff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭RVN10

What console is it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Mango Joe

Ah I'll help you, I'm nearby - PM away there.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Jlynam

Kimbot wrote: »
    yeah that isnt reserved for you. if it has a reservation number then its reserved.

I reserved one in Argos there to see if it worked but it's for the 6th onwards so perhaps they'll send out the reservation number later?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 wublabdubadoo

Berty wrote: »
    Beware of Harvey Norman, they have removed the banner saying "Keep an eye on our Socials"etc from the page so one to keep an eye on today.

Great spot, wouldn't have managed to get one without it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement