Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 Stock Updates - *READ FIRST POST*

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,603 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Bazsutto wrote: »
    Did you get a text to inform you your reservation was ready for collection?

Mine also for Liffey valley but not until Saturday.

if you didnt get a reserve code in your email then its not reserved.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭BalboBiggins

Thewife wrote: »
    Does anyone have a argos code for anywhere in the country they won’t be using ? Please I am desperate

:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭d9d

There ya go

How did you do this? Was it in your trolley already from before or you just searched PS5 and ordered?

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭applejunkie

What date did yours say you could collect it?

Today, said from today until Monday . I went straight over though

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Acald1

Any Harvey Norman people got their payment email yet?

• Advertisement

Did you get a text to inform you your reservation was ready for collection?

Mine also for Liffey valley but not until Saturday.

No I only got the text when they gave me the playstation. My collection date was from today though on the reservation

• Registered Users Posts: 46 YupYup17

Acald1 wrote: »

Nothing yet nope

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭lemonkey

Remember to keep an eye on Curry's too. Or alternatively the UK site and Very.co.uk.

To a lesser extent, Tesco and Did.ie should be getting stock too.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Mufc2803

I ****ing did it!!! Set an alarm for 3am ordered online from argos newry around 3.20 am. They took the money and it said I would be refunded in 7 days but then around 3 30 got a reservation and confirmation number. Then 9 am got a message saying it was ready to collect. I rang the store they said they had them. Got a friend who lives in newry to go collect it she has it in the boot of her car!!! Buzzing

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭Bazsutto

Kimbot wrote: »
    if you didnt get a reserve code in your email then its not reserved.

I reserved last night @ 01:26. But collection is between 05-07th. Says I’ll receive another text when in stock.

Did yours say collect straight away

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Cloudio9

dan786 wrote: »
    Which store was this? If its ilac they do this all the time to keep stuff for their staff.

It was swords. Thanks for the heads up yesterday btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

Managed to get a reservation for click and collect on Argos early in the morning, which is a problem for me, since I live in a county with no Argos, and the closest one is just past the county border. Anyone help me out on this?

How is this going to work? A stranger on the internet is going to go out of their way to use your reservation code and spend €400/500 for one of the most sought after devices that are selling for double that price.

And don't forget that anyone who sees this message is browsing a thread on PS5 stock updates. I know there are decent, selfless people out there but I can't see this having a happy ending.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,603 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

I reserved last night @ 01:26. But collection is between 05-07th. Says I’ll receive another text when in stock.

Did yours say collect straight away

that to me sounds like you were too late.

d9d wrote: »
    How did you do this? Was it in your trolley already from before or you just searched PS5 and ordered?

No I was literally trying to reserve all night . I got about 30 blank emails and then all of a sudden I got a reservation number and when I checked the email it said it was available from today.

But you had a reservation number on your email though, right?

Yeah but the collection date was from today

• Registered Users Posts: 16 madt

No not yet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Minime2.5

Sounds like Gamestop have really ****ed over who ever pre ordered of them

• Registered Users Posts: 17 RedDevil123

I reserved last night got the reservation number and said collect 6th - 8th so I don't think they are too late.

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭arch_stanton

Please - new stock updates only. We'll miss an alert with all this chat

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭Bazsutto

Don’t think so. I’ve got reservation code in email and via text

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Frankmagnet

It said on the next page after you ordered that it could take up to 5 hours for the email to be sent 👍
    Nothing for me yet either.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭homecouldbhere

Just reading through the fine print, when I got on this morning and filled out the expressing interest form, the reply states that I will receive an email regarding payment "within 5 hours". So sometime before 2.00 today hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Wanton

It said on the next page after you ordered that it could take up to 5 hours for the email to be sent 👍
    Nothing for me yet either.

+1 Can this chat be moved to the pre-order thread, thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭AskMeBollix

That's your issue, also another big thank you to Sony for another few grand xmas bonus ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Argos UK has finally sh*t itself. Now showing out of stock. was refreshing a lot and suddenly it was available for Delivery and then instantly crapped itself. I think that delivery option was like when somebody dies, they take one last deep breath and then they're gone. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,999 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

How is this going to work? A stranger on the internet is going to go out of their way to use your reservation code and spend €400/500 for one of the most sought after devices that are selling for double that price.

And don't forget that anyone who sees this message is browsing a thread on PS5 stock updates. I know there are decent, selfless people out there but I can't see this having a happy ending.
    It'll only be until I can find an order somewhere else, hopefully Smyths. If not, I might have to venture out for Argos, unless I have someone some member of my family knows in Limerick.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Chancing my arm to contact my local Argos by phone to see if I can get a human response.

Nobody picking up and according to Google's search, they're apparently really busy at this moment. I dunno how accurate it is but it's usually reliable. Can't see them rushing to pick up the phones when the shop is packed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

Minime2.5 wrote: »
    Sounds like Gamestop have really ****ed over who ever pre ordered of them

How so?

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭MrsBean

Link to Irish discord if you are still looking. This will alert you if Smyths, Harvey Norman, Amazon UK etc drop.
    Mute everything but 'PS5 ie updates'. Best of luck

https://discord.gg/48cVVxKe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭MuddyDog

If I get this Digital Edition confirmed via HN later today I'll be looking to get rid of the Disc version I got in Tesco last week. It's not been used btw (it's for Xmas). If anyone is around north County Wex and wants a disc version let me know.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement