Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 Stock Updates - *READ FIRST POST*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭wolfi

The hunt continues.....

So I logged onto Argos and managed to Reserve a Disc version but without a Reservation number yet. Is it worthless or am I in a queue somewhere?

worthless

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,603 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

The hunt continues.....

So I logged onto Argos and managed to Reserve a Disc version but without a Reservation number yet. Is it worthless or am I in a queue somewhere?

worthless tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Yomtvraps

lemonkey wrote: »

Holly batsmoke. Went for a number 2, came back and missed to Tesco Ps5 deal

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Pipmae

The hunt continues.....

It's 100% worthless

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭lemonkey

Yomtvraps wrote: »
    Holly batsmoke. Went for a number 2, came back and missed to Tesco Ps5 deal

You didn't miss anything. They have not added stock since launch day.

Keep an eye on it though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭pj12332

The hunt continues.....

I've about 41 of those emails from last night. They are worthless!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Smyths told me there will be a pre order going live this weekend. Couldn't confirm what day but said it will go live at 8/9 on the morning. They expect a large batch.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Grrrrr! :mad: Thanks all.......

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭baalad

Smyths told me there will be a pre order going live this weekend. Couldn't confirm what day but said it will go live at 8/9 on the morning. They expect a large batch.

I was told smyths get stock today so i imagine it goes live tomorrow morning although at what time iam unsure as some say 4am , others say 9am

• Registered Users Posts: 6,200 ✭✭✭troyzer

If they just did it now they could take a huge portion of customers from HN before people pay for a digital version when they actually want the disc version.

Why would they care? They're going to sell out in minutes anyway, if not seconds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Mango Joe

dave1982 wrote: »
    Ban him and pray his missus thriws him and playstation out front door

No.....Far better for everyone on here to PM him with seemingly genuine offers continually so he hasn't a clue who is actually looking to buy or not and generally wreck his head.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭lemonkey

There's now a queue option on GAME UK if anyone's interested in trying it.

https://game.queue-it.net/?c=game&e=liveps&t=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.game.co.uk%2Fen%2Fm%2Fplaystation-5-marvels-spider-man-miles-morales-2836762%3Ft_origqs%3D&cv=1429629735&cid=en-GB

That's the link from Twitter. No idea if they've used a similar queue website address before so proceed with caution.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭m8051

I managed to order a digital version on Amazon UK and I am delighted with it although my intention was to get the disc version ... anyone would be interested in swap + cash please pm. Thanks lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

I love how seemingly loads of people bought themselves a Digital version when they didn't even really want one, whereas there are people out there looking for exactly that, who now still can't get one because some others just had to buy something they didn't want out of desperation. :P

What has Sony done to everyone! :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,603 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

argos not showing dates etc when you got to reserve now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,356 ✭✭✭NeVeR

https://game.queue-it.net/?c=game&e=liveps&t=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.game.co.uk%2Fen%2Fm%2Fplaystation-5-marvels-spider-man-miles-morales-2836762%3Ft_origqs%3D&cv=1429629735&cid=en-GB

That's the link from Twitter. No idea if they've used a similar queue website address before so proceed with caution.

The Game UK queue won't work for Irish users.. I tried 2 times with VPN's and it wouldn't add to cart.

Edit: I've been told certain IP addresses work.. so try changing it a few times.

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭baalad

For those that cant get a ps5, Why not just buy an xbox? lol

I am joking of course although i am surprised with the demand for the PS5 when the Xbox is arguably the better console in terms of specs/power etc

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 382 ✭✭oldtimeyfella

Kimbot wrote: »
    argos not showing dates etc when you got to reserve now.

I'm getting a separate page entirely when I even click on it that says it's out of stock. Have been since early this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Pipmae

dar83 wrote: »
    I love how seemingly loads of people bought themselves a Digital version when they didn't even really want one, whereas there are people out there looking for exactly that, who now still can't get one because some others just had to buy something they didn't want out of desperation. :P

With the exception of those shopping for Santa, I think it's madness reserving and buying a digital one if it's a disc one you want. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭DaveR1000

Sat in Q - then it tells you they dont ship international - may need a VPN

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,238 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

dar83 wrote: »

It's actually good to be reminded of the pure greed that seeps through Irish culture from top to bottom (aware it's not us alone)

I'm getting a separate page entirely when I even click on it that says it's out of stock. Have been since early this morning.

click quick order on the top of the page and enter the cat number of the product.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭d9d

baalad wrote: »
    I was told smyths get stock today so i imagine it goes live tomorrow morning although at what time iam unsure as some say 4am , others say 9am

Do you trust your source or was it just Twitter/ Discord?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,038 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

Zookey123 wrote: »
    For anyone waiting for HN email make sure ye check your spam. That's where mine went.

At what time? I had 4 in my spam after 9 this morning and deleted them as none said Harvey Norman. I got the 2nd email alright from Harvey Norman but nothing since, was that spam email you got prior to the 2nd email from Harvey Norman?

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭gaming_needs90

Something is going on with Argos folks

EDIT: Or was, briefly...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Something is going on with Argos folks

Explain

update: never mind lol

its a bust on argos, back to normal now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 382 ✭✭oldtimeyfella

baalad wrote: »
    For those that cant get a ps5, Why not just buy an xbox? lol

I am joking of course although i am surprised with the demand for the PS5 when the Xbox is arguably the better console in terms of specs/power etc

I bought a Series X a couple of weeks ago and even I can see why the PS5 is the hotter commodity at the moment. It has a couple of good exclusives whereas Xbox really only has Gamepass which might not appeal to most people as much as it does to me.

I'm delighted with my Series X but I'm not sure a lot of avid gamers would be because they'd already have played most of the GP stuff that I'm only getting to now.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 JageMeister

RGARDINR wrote: »
    At what time? I had 4 in my spam after 9 this morning and deleted them as none said Harvey Norman. I got the 2nd email alright from Harvey Norman but nothing since, was that spam email you got prior to the 2nd email from Harvey Norman?

I've gotten 2 emails from them so far too, no link to purchase yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Canonfan

Smythstoys site gone.

Sorry guys my bad, it's just blocking foreign VPN. Good to know it only works with Irish IP.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement