Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 Stock Updates - *READ FIRST POST*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭lemonkey

• Registered Users Posts: 3,143 ✭✭✭benny79

Pipmae wrote: »
    With the exception of those shopping for Santa, I think it's madness reserving and buying a digital one if it's a disc one you want. :eek:

This is exactly my taughts. I could of got the digital one this morning of HN but its for my son for Santa and he wants the disc one so he can play his old PS4 games on. So I wouldn't take one there was 354 left at time. Plus there was that girl who was looking for a digital one because her son is autistic.

Theses machines are €4oo & €500 - not cheap. Ill keep trying if im not successful he have to get something else! He knows Santa might be able to get everything because of covid so he done a plan B :)

Just be careful buying on the internet folks dont be pressured kids will be happy either way and theres always the new year.

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭baalad

d9d wrote: »
    Do you trust your source or was it just Twitter/ Discord?

Well my source works in smyths so id like to think theres truth to it

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭d9d

baalad wrote: »
    Well my source works in smyths so id like to think theres truth to it

Good enough for me 👍 Keep us updated

• Registered Users Posts: 2,038 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

I've gotten 2 emails from them so far too, no link to purchase yet.

Thanks just got a bit paranoid there, thought people had got the 3 email and I somehow deleted it in spam even tho none were Harvey Norman

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,854 ✭✭✭antimatterx

Delighted. I'm swapping my digital HN one for a disc one with a mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭bonzothebuzz

Smyths back now, still nothing!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,356 ✭✭✭NeVeR

Smyths was never down.

The console page did go for a few minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭bonzothebuzz

Smyths was never down.

it was, i was getting an opps message

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭joficeduns1

Smyths was never down.

It did go down very briefly, I saw it too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭gaming_needs90

Could be a 1pm thing. Seems like a good time to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I saw it, posted it but deleted it, too many of us pressed F5 at the same time. If everybody just leaves Smyths to me I will buy my PS5 and then I will let you know when it's there.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 kLeyoX

smyths site went down for a couple of seconds.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

fingerz on the buzzerz

It'd be hilarious if they just said, "IN STORE NOW. GO GO GO"

• Why is everyone panicking over smyths all of a sudden?

Smyths will probably pull a HN on it here. A banner somewhere to click to stop the bots

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

dar83 wrote: »
    Don't you already have one from Tesco on release day that you're lording over your nephew with pictures of you playing it? :D

Close, I have one downstairs(disc) from Smyths but I still need to buy one for my nephew on behalf of his mother who has little patience for trying to get the PS5 online with this much messing about

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Why is everyone panicking over smyths all of a sudden?

Reckon it's going live at 1...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭javagal

Why are all these rumoured releases at school run time🀣

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 luke.cannon

Where has the smyths at 1 rumor come from? Are they confirmed to have stock?

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭lemonkey

javagal wrote: »
    Why are all these rumoured releases at school run time��

The only rumours I've read today is Smyths was 3am tonight and another saying this weekend.

Not heard anything about today.

Someone said their friend works in Smyths and that they're getting stock in today. Which is the complete opposite of what Smyths said on twitter, but there's a lot of FOMO around the console because of the lack of supply.

Getting stock instore is != to getting stock online. This may be how they get around most scalpers.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Gavin1980

Was in Smyths in Fonthill earlier and asked 2 of the staff as they were assembling display PS5 boxes but no idea when they were coming in. Seems rather Ominous I mean why display something when you don't know when its going to be in stock. the new X box wasn't displayed.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 randomname2020

Can someone link to the new Argos page? Is it different to the one on the linktree? That one just goes to their "PS5 is unavailable" page now

• Registered Users Posts: 3,085 ✭✭✭Sarn

It’s more to do with the fact that the next wave of stock has arrived. So it is likely that Smyths will have received some.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭javagal

Ive just noticed in smyths. The disc console doesnt have a click and collect button.. its now an instore button.
    The digital says click and collect.
    Maybe they are just doing in store

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,603 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Can someone link to the new Argos page? Is it different to the one on the linktree? That one just goes to their "PS5 is unavailable" page now

No new link just use quick add and the stick number

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Gavin1980 wrote:
    Was in Smyths in Fonthill earlier and asked 2 of the staff as they were assembling display PS5 boxes but no idea when they were coming in. Seems rather Ominous I mean why display something when you don't know when its going to be in stock. the new X box wasn't displayed.

Sarn wrote:
    It’s more to do with the fact that the next wave of stock has arrived. So it is likely that Smyths will have received some.

They confirmed to me that pre orders will be live some morning over the weekend. They are getting a large batch of stock.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,603 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

javagal wrote: »
    Ive just noticed in smyths. The disc console doesnt have a click and collect button.. its now an instore button.
    The digital says click and collect.
    Maybe they are just doing in store

Been like that days

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement