Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 Stock Updates - *READ FIRST POST*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46 YupYup17

Any idea when we will be able to collect them ?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

YupYup17 wrote: »
    Any idea when we will be able to collect them ?
    Well the emails you got said not before the 11th and it would be confirmed when it is available.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭insert name here 123

What was the story with HN, how did you all get the email? I know sold out now, just late to this and curious how got around it

• Registered Users Posts: 46 YupYup17

kmart6 wrote: »
    Well the emails you got said not before the 11th and it would be confirmed when it is available.

Yeah i know that but seeing as the previous guy got an email saying DPD have the order alredy just thought maybe they said 11th so people dont go in store and ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 AhSureYano

Got an email from GameStop just there saying I’ll get a PS5 before Christmas, I got in the preorder queue the night the release date was announced so anyone else in the same boat I’d say check your emails!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 radarjump

SSeanSS wrote: »
    Think I managed to get one from the Shopto website. Managed to bypass queue so not proud of it and this might be removed. This is how i did it:
    Went on to from firefox
    Clicked Playstation 5 in top left
    Clicked 'Buy Now'
    Sort by price descending and choose the first ps5 console back order
    Then it will flash the purchasing page and then load the queue-it page, thing is if you time it right you can press the X or cancel button to stop the page before it gets to that queue-it page. Can press back and try again if not timed right.
    It doesn't take Ireland address so i used parcel motel

Thanks for this, I also managed to skip the queue. However, I'm having issues paying at checkout. Tried a card, Google Pay and PayPal. No decline message, it simply reverts back to the card when I process. Card is not charged, or even attempted - It's Revolut so I'm using the app to make sure. Maybe this trick also requires a vpn, were you using one? I'm using my ParcelMotel Address.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

What was the story with HN, how did you all get the email? I know sold out now, just late to this and curious how got around it

Tbh mine was completely random. I read here last night about Argos having stock at 1am so stayed up til 10 past 1 and nothing happened so went to sleep only to find out they went live around 1:15 :pac: seen someone say they were going live on Smyths at 9am so took a “toilet break” in work around 8:55 and said I’d chance HN while I was checking and got one sorted:D

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Marksman1

Anyone still waiting for 3rd email of HN ..... starting to panic now

• Registered Users Posts: 15 JageMeister

Just got the email from HN there folks, all paid for.

Thanks for all the tips, ye've made a Christmas ðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭SSeanSS

radarjump wrote: »
    Thanks for this, I also managed to skip the queue. However, I'm having issues paying at checkout. Tried a card, Google Pay and PayPal. No decline message, it simply reverts back to the card when I process. Card is not charged, or even attempted - It's Revolut so I'm using the app to make sure. Maybe this trick also requires a vpn, were you using one? I'm using my ParcelMotel Address.

Afraid not, just used my Irish debit card, was charged

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 rachel7

Are you using parcelmotel and selecting delivery to UK? also managed to use the trick but the price is coming up as £561.85 is this the same for ye?

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭gizabeer

Change your billing address country to united kingdom , leave the other details the same

rachel7 wrote: »
    Are you using parcelmotel and selecting delivery to UK? also managed to use the trick but the price is coming up as £561.85 is this the same for ye?

Yep it’s a bundle, annoying I know

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭Chrisbellew

Think I managed to get one from the Shopto website. Managed to bypass queue so not proud of it and this might be removed. This is how i did it:
    Went on to https://www.shopto.net from firefox
    Clicked Playstation 5 in top left
    Clicked 'Buy Now'
    Sort by price descending and choose the first ps5 console back order
    Then it will flash the purchasing page and then load the queue-it page, thing is if you time it right you can press the X or cancel button to stop the page before it gets to that queue-it page. Can press back and try again if not timed right.
    It doesn't take Ireland address so i used parcel motel

Managed to get one here, money was withdrawn from PayPal, no email yet. It says they're on back order anyone have an idea when they'll be shipped?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭javagal

Got my hn email. Digital ordered for my nephew. Got the hubbys in littlewoods, hopefully goes through.
    Just wanted to thank you all in here, hope you all get sorted

Managed to get one here, money was withdrawn from PayPal, no email yet. It says they're on back order anyone have an idea when they'll be shipped?

They are apparently delivering by Dpd on 18th, I’d expect it to be with us by 20th

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

It was a pop-up/banner on the site which lead to a form to give your details to secure a unit. There were a lot more digital than disc.

The emails have been confirming allocations and explaining the process.

There was no getting around anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭Chrisbellew

They are apparently delivering by Dpd on 18th, I’d expect it to be with us by 20th

Hopefully man cheers for the shout spent the last 10 minutes in work hiding in the bathroom trying to refresh lol

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭medic112

Followed SSeanSS instructions for a work buddy, no probs at all :) confirming email etc, within seconds. Posting to a Belfast address.
    Fair play SS. Very happy work colleague here.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Rigardo

I wanted to post a big THANKS to you all! Thanks to the mods for keeping things on point and taking out the trash.

I got the 3rd email from HN around 3:30 today allowing me to proceed to purchase. No confirmation on collection date yet but I'm now confident I have one (disk version).

I'm sure some of you on here are at your wits end with all this but stay positive. Try not give in to the scalpers. People like that only detract from the world. They're a different breed who will never understand that there's more to life than making a quick buck.

If I post again it will be with some useful information. Thanks again, I definitely couldn't have done it alone.

• Advertisement

medic112 wrote: »
    Followed SSeanSS instructions for a work buddy, no probs at all :) confirming email etc, within seconds. Posting to a Belfast address.

Glad to help people here get sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 robson7

One of the guys I work with has already got a PS5 from Argos in the North - his wife works in Argos up there and she told him that Argos UK will have them online at 4am this morning - I have no idea how true that is or isn't

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭olestoepoke

medic112 wrote: »

Any date of delivery given?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Got shopto to work with paypal. I'm still highly dubious of it being delivered before Christmas given the amount of people ordering. Hoping an Irish store will pop up with more so I can cancel

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Black and yellow

Could the guy that collected from Argos today respond which store please ?

• Registered Users Posts: 40 ST3NG4H

I've had enough, 2 cancelled orders, 4 missed drops today by a hair. I'm not wasting anymore time. Get one next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Any date of delivery given?

If your order contains Playstation 5 Console, we estimate to deliver by the 18th December.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 ipdoyle

Hey all thanks for all the updates just confirmed with Harvey norman. I'll keep an eye out and post here if I spot anything. Just a quick one is there anyone with a disk looking for a digital willing to swap and I'd obvs give money with it. Long shot I know

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Pipmae

Could the guy that collected from Argos today respond which store please ?

Liffey Valley was one - the poster put up a copy of the receipt.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 ipdoyle

Marksman1 wrote: »
    Sent email, and got automated reply say it could be 24 hrs before relly

I mailed them earlier and they confirmed if u got the first two that u will be guaranteed to get the link. I got a reply first then the automated response so I'd say it's luck of the draw. U will deffo get one

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement