Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 Stock Updates - *READ FIRST POST*

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,490 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Mod note: Could anyone dealing with the logistics of their Harvey Norman order please use this thread: https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058119473

I've moved the last few relevant posts to that thread already. Trying to keep this thread focused on new stock announcements as they come, so would be great to keep the logistics stuff to the other thread - it's not relevant for those still hoping to grab a console. Thanks all :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 rj360

Pipmae wrote: »
    Liffey Valley was one - the poster put up a copy of the receipt.

I collected one from Longford today, staff said they got a total of 13. I was lucky enough to get a reservation code last night around 1:30am

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Pipmae

rj360 wrote: »
    I collected one from Longford today, staff said they got a total of 13. I was lucky enough to get a reservation code last night around 1:30am

Newry was another one

• Registered Users Posts: 7,099 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Does anyone know how many disc versions were available on harveynorman.ie this morning?

Over 400 when I ordered this morning .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

Is it not possible to add your name to the list of pre orders in game stop or Harvey norman etc.
    Then just wait for your turn be it December, January, February etc by the time it's your turn in the queue?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭SSeanSS

ShaneU wrote: »
    Got shopto to work with paypal. I'm still highly dubious of it being delivered before Christmas given the amount of people ordering. Hoping an Irish store will pop up with more so I can cancel

Their latest update :
    "Message last updated: 7:33 PM
    Hi guys! Ps5 Consoles stock is running very low now, we only have few hundreds left.."

They've said they are out courier by 18th on emails so theres every chance they will be delivered by xmas

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Black and yellow

Pipmae wrote: »
    Liffey Valley was one - the poster put up a copy of the receipt.

Thank you some guy said cork retail which is my store but it said for me 5-7

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

SSeanSS wrote: »
    Their latest update :
    "Message last updated: 7:33 PM
    Hi guys! Ps5 Consoles stock is running very low now, we only have few hundreds left.."

They've said they are out courier by 18th on emails so there's every chance they will be delivered by xmas
    I'll believe it when it's in my gaff! :D Why would they get thousands of consoles when every other store gets next to nothing? Still skeptical

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭lolokeogh

Is it not possible to add your name to the list of pre orders in game stop or Harvey norman etc.
    Then just wait for your turn be it December, January, February etc by the time it's your turn in the queue?

first up best dressed me thinks,when they came on amazon this morning i forgot my account password,and i never orderd from there,but i grabbed the other halfs phone,hit the app and because she shops there i was straight in,ps5 in to basket and money taken..i know for fact even if i knew me password in the time i signed in i would not have got one,sure look at everyone on this thread keeping an eye out for weeks,yet most missed the argos release last night..there is a lot of folk hanging over that f5 refresh button..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭MuddyDog

Got HN 3rd email and paid and had DPD tracking 10 mins later amazingly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭d9d

Mod note: Could anyone dealing with the logistics of their Harvey Norman order please use this thread: https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058119473

I've moved the last few relevant posts to that thread already. Trying to keep this thread focused on new stock announcements as they come, so would be great to keep the logistics stuff to the other thread - it's not relevant for those still hoping to grab a console. Thanks all :)

Bumped for this page.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭ckeogh

Just curious, Did you use the kiosk or teller?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Tinder Surprise

MuddyDog wrote: »
    Got HN 3rd email and paid and had DPD tracking 10 mins later amazingly.

when and how did you place the order..ta

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭wpisdu

Got HN email, all sorted. There were less than 300 of PS5 digital version available when I submitted the form.

Thank you some guy said cork retail which is my store but it said for me 5-7

For the Longford argos store it said available to collect from 3 - 5 December. I rang store at 3pm to confirm PS5 was physically there before I went to store

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭lolokeogh

my delivery date with amazon is the 31st,if so i do not mind its for a 17 year old,if i get it before hand i will post it up,if someone has one and its a defo delivery but after xmas eve and its for a kid that santy is coming to i will give mine over and they can give me the full details etc etc of theres if it is going to be delivered after santy comes,so fingers crossed a heap more come about,best of luck all,and again thanks to this thread,much appreciated

ckeogh wrote: »
    Just curious, Did you use the kiosk or teller?

Teller, just a normal Argos transaction
    Gave her the reservation number she put it into the system and I paid for it

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭SSeanSS

Last update from Shopto

"Message last updated: 8:03 PM
    Hi everyone, unfortunately we are sold out now, we are sorry if you have not been able to secure a console from us for Xmas, we will have more arriving in the new year, thank you for your custom and patience"

Hope a few of ye got sorted

• Registered Users Posts: 14 radarjump

SSeanSS wrote: »
    Glad to help people here get sorted.

Thanks, this is as close as I have come to actually purchasing one. tried changing address etc in PayPal but the billing address country cannot be changed in PayPal easily, and PayPal shared billing info with ShopTo. I've used a workaround before of topping up the PayPal account first, and then using that instead of a linked card, it enables hiding of the real address. Eventually it timed out of my cart after too many failed payment attempts. Can't understand how the other users got around it s quickly here, but I'm glad that at least a few got orders through ShopTo thanks to your workaround. Mine is for my 13 year old son, but is not a Santa present, I'm feeling it for the anxious parents still trying to get one, I've been that soldier in the past!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 jbng98

For the Longford argos store it said available to collect from 3 - 5 December. I rang store at 3pm to confirm PS5 was physically there before I went to store

Did you get a text saying it was available to collect?

• Advertisement

jbng98 wrote: »
    Did you get a text saying it was available to collect?

No, was getting worried about not receiving the text so chanced my arm ringing the store.

Told them my reservation number over the phone and they confirmed that my order was ready to be collected.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 jbng98

No, was getting worried about not receiving the text so chanced my arm ringing the store.

Told them my reservation number over the phone and they confirmed that my order was ready to be collected.

Cool, I'll do that in the morning! Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭Bluesquare

Does anyone know if Tesco will get them in again ?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 RedDevil123

jbng98 wrote: »
    Cool, I'll do that in the morning! Thanks!

When does yours say you can collect it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Niecey1993

Bluesquare wrote: »

My brother in law works there and said this even there not getting any but maybe they weren’t told

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Bluesquare wrote: »

February afaik. But tbh we don’t really sell anything gaming related anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭Thewife

You are the kind of person that makes the internet an amazing place !! That is a incredible generous thing to do . Well done to you 😊
    lolokeogh wrote: »
    my delivery date with amazon is the 31st,if so i do not mind its for a 17 year old,if i get it before hand i will post it up,if someone has one and its a defo delivery but after xmas eve and its for a kid that santy is coming to i will give mine over and they can give me the full details etc etc of theres if it is going to be delivered after santy comes,so fingers crossed a heap more come about,best of luck all,and again thanks to this thread,much appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Marksman1

Thanks to all for your help in finding ps5 got my last email of HN. All done good luck to all. Keep the fate.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Yomtvraps

Anyone know if more will become available on argos overnight?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 Anderson11

Any update on smyths

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement