Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

PS5 Stock Updates - *READ FIRST POST*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

benny79 wrote: »
    They couldn't of sold that quick site literally crashed straight away they mustnt of having many!
    Went live on UK site too at the same time so might have been shared stock being pulled from both sites.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭Bluesquare

It crashed on me - but I seemed to have gotten an e-mail anyway . So fingers crossed that’s it . Thanks to the boards Santa has recovered from Covid ( fingers crossed)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 382 ✭✭oldtimeyfella

benny79 wrote: »
    They couldn't of sold that quick site literally crashed straight away they mustnt of having many!

Scalper bots.

I got a 502 when I hit pay, but got an email come through....does that mean I'm good? Do they charge straight away, or when it's ready?

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭d9d

When can we expect the 2nd email (ready for collection)?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 388 ✭✭insert name here 123

bennyx_o wrote: »
    Still have a disc edition in my basket but says it of stock and won't let me checkout

Me too.

Disc in basket. Says out of stock. Home delivery green tick but when you hit it doesn't allow to

• Registered Users Posts: 5 RearWindow

I think it crashed before they cleared stock. Smyths supposed to be getting a decent few I heard..Makes no sense they'd be out of stock after 3 minutes

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭sasta le

In my basket with a reference number any hope it will go through if I wait and keep refresh inh

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭KnicksInSix

Smyth's Ireland no go for me but the SIL got one on the UK site (she's UK based). Oh well. At least I can stop tormenting myself with this cruel stock checking game now!

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭circos

Same again. In basket can't checkout no luck as usual. No idea how anyone is getting one here with these systems in place. Shocking stuff

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,733 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

RearWindow wrote: »
    I think it crashed before they cleared stock. Smyths supposed to be getting a decent few I heard..Makes no sense they'd be out of stock after 3 minutes

Supposed to be 600 digital and 2000 disc version.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

Oh ffs, i leave for 20 minutes and i miss smyths, i give up

You have to have your account ready... all your details + card saved. That’s the only way to be as quick as you can.

• Is this the email everyone got?

Thank you for placing your pre-order with Smyths Toys Superstores.
    As this is for a pre-order item that is not currently in stock, you will receive another email when your order is dispatched from our warehouse.
    No payment has been taken yet. As part of our pre-order price promise, if our price on the date of collection is less than the price at the time of placing your order, you will pay the lower price.
    Your order details:

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Aokay

Basil3 wrote: »
    I got a 502 when I hit pay, but got an email come through....does that mean I'm good? Do they charge straight away, or when it's ready?

If you got an email you should be good. The same happened to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭cizolin

Stock still up there...maylor street cork

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭javagal

Bit embarrassed to say I ordered on LW today and then got a pre order from smyths as Im afraid it will be cancelled..If LW goes ahead, ill give away my preorder for someone who needs it for the big red guy. Not interested in making money on it

• Registered Users Posts: 9 kLeyoX

I received this email

As this is for a pre-order item that is not currently in stock, you will receive another email when your order is dispatched from our warehouse.

No payment has been taken yet. As part of our pre-order price promise, if our price on the date of collection is less than the price at the time of placing your order, you will pay the lower price.

Hoping that this will not be cancelled.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 mf1138

They're still there for home delivery, but the site keeps crashing... Don't give up yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Tinder Surprise

I have one in basket but keeps crashing :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭deco72

Def all gone now getting sold out message. Had one in basket crashed and couldn’t get back on. 😡 Ah well.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 382 ✭✭oldtimeyfella

Getting to the "shopping bag" screen now and it says that it's out of stock so i presume they are all gone.

Is Smyths website hosted on a 1995 i386 machine or something? It died nearly instantly.

I'd imagine that half the people who think they got one are going to be sorely disappointed.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 wublabdubadoo

RearWindow wrote: »

HN stock went out in about 15 minutes they had 1000+.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 388 ✭✭insert name here 123

Out of stock now completely it seems.

Well done to those who got

• Registered Users Posts: 45 am0019

All gone :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭micks_address

Ok I kept refreshing the page and it eventually got payment details through and got a pre order number and email for digital edition. What happens next?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 208 ✭✭ladyella

Is this the email everyone got?

Your order details:

Thats what ive gotten aswell

Is this the email everyone got?

Your order details:

Yes. And you have order number, right?

• d9d wrote: »
    Yes. And you have order number, right?

correct yes

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,733 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

javagal wrote: »
    Bit embarrassed to say I ordered on LW today and then got a pre order from smyths as Im afraid it will be cancelled..If LW goes ahead, ill give away my preorder for someone who needs it for the big red guy. Not interested in making money on it

Please consider it for a my 9 year old thanks. old

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement