Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 Stock Updates - *READ FIRST POST*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭eamondunphy

I've a friend who'll take it please

• Registered Users Posts: 6 mf1138

Smyths:

Thank you to everyone who has placed a pre-order. All stock is now allocated. Pre-orders will be fulfilled by December 18th. If you were not able to complete a purchase, please continue to check back online for further updates.

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭mooonpie

d9d wrote: »
    They charge your card when you collect your item. You only have 2 days to collect it tho, once you receive 2nd email informing you that it’s ready to be collected.

Ah balls!! Hadn't thought of that, but it makes sense!

I was afraid to refresh the fecking payment page! :mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Smyths now has the following message: All current PlayStation 5 pre-order stock has been allocated. Pre-Orders for PlayStation 5 are now closed

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

I've managed to get one from Smyth's tonight but also ordered from game in the UK if both comes I'll sell one here at cost.
    Can I put my name down as I will have a very sad 9year old if I don't get one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

Do the various retailers always update their stock at a certain time, or is it random?

IE If Amazon updated their stock, say, at 3am every morning, I could be awake to order it ASAP.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 382 ✭✭oldtimeyfella

Wonder how many are going to come on the market over the next couple of weeks from people ordering off of 2 or 3 places at the one time.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Mudlan

I've managed to get one from Smyth's tonight but also ordered from game in the UK if both comes I'll sell one here at cost.

Please let me know if you do!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,603 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Smyths message states all preorders will be fulfilled before the 18th of december

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 382 ✭✭oldtimeyfella

banquo wrote: »
    Do the various retailers always update their stock at a certain time, or is it random?

IE If Amazon updated their stock, say, at 3am every morning, I could be awake to order it ASAP.

It seems to be a complete crapshoot even if you are there the second that stock becomes available. You are competing with a whole bunch of bots along with regular punters.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 Zorton

Just wanted to say thanks for the tips and info. Was able to get a PS5 Digital from HN today and a PS5 Disc version from Smyths.
    My son and I are sorted.

The crazy nights and watching this thread like a lunatic are over.
    Best of luck to everyone and hope you all get sorted soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭MrsMcSteamy

mf1138 wrote: »
    Smyths:

Thank you to everyone who has placed a pre-order. All stock is now allocated. Pre-orders will be fulfilled by December 18th. If you were not able to complete a purchase, please continue to check back online for further updates.

Can I ask where you seen this update ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,870 ✭✭✭ozmo

Finical wrote: »
    Added basket.

502 error and its out of stock now for me. :mad:

This happened last month with me - just refresh the page - either F5 or on phone press enter in the url bar
    - spinner will spin , note: dont refresh when it spinning (busy waiting for server) that will just do a new request (back to end of queue)
    - let it time out (spinner disappears) and then refresh again
    - dont press Back Button and dont leave page
    - eventually you get your turn on the server and it will either go through to next page or tell you they are gone
    - repeat at the next stage until finished checkout.

got my console using this method.

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Manc Red

Smyths:

Out of Stock. Expected in stock: January 2021

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Tinder Surprise

Still have one in my basket for Smyths

Any point in leaving it there?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,085 ✭✭✭Sarn

It’s on the PS5 product page on Smyths.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Can I ask where you seen this update ?

Banner at the top of the site.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,143 ✭✭✭benny79

I have a thank you reservation with argos in my emails but no item or number what's that about? My brain is fried....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Yes please, I'll have it! :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭insert name here 123

benny79 wrote: »
    I have a thank you reservation with argos in my emails but no item or number what's that about? My brain is fried....

Means nothing. No res number. No console.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,085 ✭✭✭Sarn

ozmo wrote: »
    This happened last month with me - just refresh the page - either F5 or on phone press enter in the url bar
    - spinner will spin , note: dont refresh when it spinning (busy waiting for server) that will just do a new request (back to end of queue)
    - let it time out (spinner disappears) and then refresh again
    - dont press Back Button and dont leave page
    - eventually you get your turn on the server and it will either go through to next page or tell you they are gone
    - repeat at the next stage until finished checkout.

got my console using this method.

That’s where I went wrong. Pressed the back and refresh button too many times.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 radarjump

Missed out also - had it on 3 different PC's. The one that logged on last got as far as payment details, the other 2 got as far as checkout so it seems to be random selection in the payment queue server. Good luck to everyone who got one, especially those with young kids.

Back to monitoring sites and this great group....

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭MrsBean

benny79 wrote: »

Got that earlier too. If you've no reservation number you're outta luck. The email is autogenerated

• Registered Users Posts: 48 mazzybabsxx

I'll post it up here when I know I have them. It will be a disk version that I ordered. Also to note that I'm in Waterford.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 kLeyoX

SMYTHS BANNER:

All PlayStation 5 pre-order stock has been allocated. Pre-Orders for PlayStation 5 are now closed.

Out of Stock. Expected in stock: January 2021

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Yes please, I'll have it! :D:D
    Do you want an argos reservation code for the disc edition? Omni Park Santry.

Still have one in my basket for Smyths

Any point in leaving it there?

Nope. With the second wave of the original pre-order, I had one sitting in my basket for days after. It just won't let you pay for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Mudlan

Suckit wrote: »
    Do you want an argos reservation code for the disc edition? Omni Park Santry.

If they don’t take it I will!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 DMOL50

I put in my card details on Smyths and clicked pay. The site then crashed but I have a pending card authorisation request for smyths on my revolut app. Is there any hope for me?

I'm not getting my hopes up.....No confirmation email either

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

I don't fking believe it. I took a break from looking so I could spend some time with my wife and watch TV - just to keep my sanity, and I come back and I just find out Smyths allowed preorders to go up, and now they're gone. F*ck. My. Life. The one time I look away and Smyths are like "QUICK WHILE HE'S NOT LOOKING!"

Ugh.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement