Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 Stock Updates - *READ FIRST POST*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45 am0019

Suckit wrote: »
    Do you want an argos reservation code for the disc edition? Omni Park Santry.

Add me to that if they dont want it
    :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭d9d

Basil3 wrote: »
    Nope. With the second wave of the original pre-order, I had one sitting in my basket for days after. It just won't let you pay for it.

Same here. It was eventually gone from my basket.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭javagal

DMOL50 wrote: »
    I put in my card details on Smyths and clicked pay. The site then crashed but I have a pending card authorisation request for smyths on my revolut app. Is there any hope for me?

I'm not getting my hopes up.....No confirmation email either

Same happened to me. Got the email

• Registered Users Posts: 17 cupcaketown

Can I have it?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Yes please!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 Yomtvraps

Yes PLEAAAASE !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭chalkitdown1

I don't fking believe it. I took a break from looking so I could spend some time with my wife and watch TV - just to keep my sanity, and I come back and I just find out Smyths allowed preorders to go up, and now they're gone. F*ck. My. Life.

If it's any consolation, even if you WERE online the odds of you getting one were slim to none. They went up on Smyths website at 10.30 and the site was dead at 10.32 and constantly crashing thereafter.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭rahern

Am looking for disc version in cork if anyone has one spare.missed Smyth's tonight got to payment and crashed.if any Argos reservation codes going too please and thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6 DMOL50

javagal wrote: »
    Same happened to me. Got the email

Did it take a while to receive the email?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,143 ✭✭✭benny79

I'm seriously annoyed like a zombie the last week and my basket with smyths and cancelled with Tesco! Surely Smyth's should of had more! Seems like Harvey norman had the most! Fcuk the lot of them.. only wanted 1 for my son...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

If it's any consolation, even if you WERE online the odds of you getting one were slim to none. They went up on Smyths website at 10.30 and the site was dead at 10.32 and constantly crashing thereafter.

I suppose, but the fact that I did stop looking around 20 past 10 or thereabouts. So typical.

I think this is the point now where I am of full belief there will be absolutely none available between now and some time next year. I think I'm done checking.

This has ruined many nights in a row for me, and a lot of mornings. My other half starts her new job on Tuesday and I wanna just get away from this ****e while I can. I give up.

More important things to be annoyed over.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

I think we are all snookered until the new year now.

The demand for this is bonkers considering the launch line up. I thought trying to get a nintendo switch at the start of covid was insane but this is taking the piss.

Looking to get one for the neighbours kid.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭chalkitdown1

I think this is the point now where I am of full belief there will be absolutely none available between now and some time next year. I think I'm done checking.

Yeah, I'm done with this shít at this stage. This is like the 4th time I've had one snatched from me while having one in my basket over the past few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Manc Red

What a dreadful launch. Scalpers a making $$$ and people are left frustrated not getting their product. PS5s will be sitting in storage trying to be sold over December when they could be generating $$$ for Sony during the holidays with game purchases etc.. Lose Lose for Sony.

They could have given priority to current PSN customers or something. What a mess.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Found under a cabbage

If anybody can help me out with code for cork. It’s a Santa pressie. I’m just not having any luck despite all my efforts. 🀞

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

Forgive me if asked and answered – I've read a few dozen pages here and haven't seen this answered.

Message on Smyths website now: "All PlayStation 5 pre-order stock has been allocated. Pre-Orders for PlayStation 5 are now closed."

Also: "Out of Stock. Expected in stock: January 2021"

Is this a message that Smyths displays every time it runs out of stock? Or are Smyths officially done for pre-Christmas orders?

EDIT: Asked and answered here as I was typing – Smyths look done until January.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,131 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

I think we are all snookered until the new year now.

The demand for this bonkers considering the launch line up.

I was trying to get one but really really don't need one anytime soon. It's a combination of extra disposable income and complete boredom from lockdown, would say everyone is in the same boat which is driving the demand.

In the end I had the chance to get a digital from HN or the disc with an additional controller I don't want for an added €80 off Littlewoods, decided not to bother with either. I can wait til January, won't kill me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭bri007

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

banquo wrote: »
    Forgive me if asked and answered – I've read a few dozen pages here and haven't seen this answered.

Message on Smyths website now: "All PlayStation 5 pre-order stock has been allocated. Pre-Orders for PlayStation 5 are now closed."

Also: "Out of Stock. Expected in stock: January 2021"

Is this a message that Smyths displays every time it runs out of stock? Or are Smyths officially done for pre-Christmas orders?
    To be fair, nobody here is going to know the official line but I would take this as they are not expecting more stock until January.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Reservation code gone.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 382 ✭✭oldtimeyfella

I don't fking believe it. I took a break from looking so I could spend some time with my wife and watch TV - just to keep my sanity, and I come back and I just find out Smyths allowed preorders to go up, and now they're gone. F*ck. My. Life. The one time I look away and Smyths are like "QUICK WHILE HE'S NOT LOOKING!"

Ugh.

It probably wouldn't have made much difference anyway so I wouldn't get too bummed about it. I was on the site the second they hit and it 502ed repeatedly for 40 minutes until I got to my cart only to be told that they were sold out.

People are literally paying subscriptions to bot/scalping services to get the bulk of these consoles. I didn't believe it at first but I was listening to a radio show where one guy is a sneakerhead and he said that it was standard practice in that community and it has been translated to the PS5 launch because of social media hype.

You might get extremely lucky and snag one but realistically the only garaunteed way is a scapler or waiting until there is ample stock in the new year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Hey_Listen

bri007 wrote: »

That's ****ing ridiculous. Really. Can't people use their ps4s until next year ? Or are there some crazy people / parents out there who would pay that ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭bri007

Totally agree no way I’d pay that!

A girl in work bought one on Tuesday and paid €1400 for it
    Hey_Listen wrote: »
    That's ****ing ridiculous. Really. Can't people use their ps4s until next year ? Or are there some crazy parents out there who would pay that ?

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭bonzothebuzz

Thanks for the Smyths scope, i was able to get myself a disc version. quick question though, i put in my payment details when i checked out, got all the emails but when i go into my pre orders on my account and check the payment details there are none there. does smyths take payment before you collect or only when you collect? cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭lolokeogh

Had one in my basket for smyths,still do,was hoping i could cash in and flog it to someone who was stuck for santa at face value,but now smyths saying next expected stock january 2021

• I don't fking believe it. I took a break from looking so I could spend some time with my wife and watch TV - just to keep my sanity, and I come back and I just find out Smyths allowed preorders to go up, and now they're gone. F*ck. My. Life. The one time I look away and Smyths are like "QUICK WHILE HE'S NOT LOOKING!"

Ugh.

You can have mine if my other one arrives. I'm waiting 2 weeks for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭Maxpfizer

That's ****ing ridiculous. Really. Can't people use their ps4s until next year ? Or are there some crazy people / parents out there who would pay that ?

A lot of parents under a lot of pressure to deliver.
    It's unfortunate but I think for some the feeling of being the best mum/dad ever would be worth the extra money.

You'd love it if the stock coming out now was so widely available and frequently replenished that these people are left with loads of Playstations that they can't shift. That's not the way it goes. Nice guys finish last and all that.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Look at the bids, they are not serious bids driving it up, it's the same on most listings for the last few weeks. One bidder drove it from €1,030 to €1,560 with no other bids there. Now maybe the current high bidder is real based on their score but who knows.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

You can have mine if my other one arrives. I'm waiting 2 weeks for it.

Nah I couldn't. I'm not that desperate for it - I'm sure someone in your circle would be more deserving of it than me. I'm a spoiled brat, I have more than enough games and consoles to keep me occupied until they become more available.

I appreciate the offer, though. Thank you :)

The fact he has 30 odd bids almost made me bring up my chicken wrap. Some sad people with too much money to spend.
    It probably wouldn't have made much difference anyway so I wouldn't get to bummed about it. I was on the site the second they hit and it 502ed repeatedly for 40 minutes until I got to my cart only to be told that they were sold out.

People are literally paying subscriptions to bot/scalping services to get the bulk of these consoles. I didn't believe it at first but I was listening to a radio show where one guy is a sneakerhead and he said that it was standard practice in that community and it has been translated to the PS5 launch because of social media hype.

You might get extremely lucky and snag one but realistically the only garaunteed way is a scapler or waiting until there is ample stock in the new year.

It'll have to be the latter for me, I guess (and loads of others). The whole sitting at my computer, obsessively hitting F5 every 5 minutes, wasting my mornings over it before realising I have to rush out the door to go to work (I work in the afternoons), I haven't had one relaxing day in almost a week because of this nonsense. I'm never like this.

Like I said a few days ago - it's the total unavailability/rarity of it that's putting me in denial ("nah surely there has to be stock somewhere").

It's looking like a 2021 purchase for me, I just hope it's not closer to Spring.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭wpisdu

On Smyths now - Thank you to everyone who has placed a pre-order. All stock is now allocated. Pre-orders will be fulfilled by December 18th.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement