Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 Stock Updates - *READ FIRST POST*

Options

Comments

Thanks for the Smyths scope, i was able to get myself a disc version. quick question though, i put in my payment details when i checked out, got all the emails but when i go into my pre orders on my account and check the payment details there are none there. does smyths take payment before you collect or only when you collect? cheers

For me it crashed when hitting pay, but I got the email. I just went in to my order now and added my card details then pressed 'order'. Now I can't change my payment details, and I don't have a pending payment.

I assume everything is fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭Maxpfizer

It'll have to be the latter for me, I guess (and loads of others). The whole sitting at my computer, obsessively hitting F5 every 5 minutes, wasting my mornings over it before realising I have to rush out the door to go to work (I work in the afternoons), I haven't had one relaxing day in almost a week because of this nonsense. I'm never like this.

Like I said a few days ago - it's the total unavailability/rarity of it that's putting me in denial ("nah surely there has to be stock somewhere").

It's looking like a 2021 purchase for me, I just hope it's not closer to Spring.

That's not healthy!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

wpisdu wrote: »
    On Smyths now - Thank you to everyone who has placed a pre-order. All stock is now allocated. Pre-orders will be fulfilled by December 18th.

I am genuinely so happy for people that managed to snag their preorders from that. The relief must be unreal.
    Maxpfizer wrote: »
    That's not healthy!

I know I probably made it sound worse on screen than what it actually is lol

• Registered Users Posts: 8,972 ✭✭✭Soups123

Got one in my basket tonight but there useless site took it off me, shambolic stuff couldn’t handle the traffic

Was reserving for a nephew luckily got my own from Game.

Smyth’s handling of both releases have been absolute ****e

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

bri007 wrote: »
    Totally agree no way I’d pay that!

A girl in work bought one on Tuesday and paid €1400 for it

That's insane!

I've been trying to pick one up for my brother (30th bday, plus a big 'thank you' from me) for a month now – I don't remember stock ever being this bad with previous consoles. Even the N64!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭lolokeogh

In all fairness its a sh*tshow..esp for those that want santa to bring one,still early days,you would have to hedge your bets on more arriving before christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭Bluesquare

Basil3 wrote: »
    For me it crashed when hitting pay, but I got the email. I just went in to my order now and added my card details then pressed 'order'. Now I can't change my payment details, and I don't have a pending payment.

I assume everything is fine.

Exact same thing happened to me - checked my credit card and have a pending payment .

Yeah December is still only beginning, so there's hope. If I can get it for him in time for XMas I'll be happy.

Looking to Amazon and UK stores now – have friends there who can hold it for me and bring it over at XMas.

I remember calling GameStop at the start of November asking how hard it would be to get a PS5, and being met with the kind of exhausted, maniacal laughter of a retail employee completely at the end of their tether. I really do feel for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Lynch90

Patiently waited, I got one (pre-order tab) in my basket, got to checkout. Crashed a couple of times and then allowed to check out, put address in, getting super excited at this point, until the payment part and it crashed again! And now no checkout option in my basket 🥴 Well done to everyone who managed to pick one up and thanks to all for the updates.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭rahern

Lynch90 wrote:
    Patiently waited, I got one (pre-order tab) in my basket, got to checkout. Crashed a couple of times and then allowed to check out, put address in, getting super excited at this point, until the payment part and it crashed again! And now no checkout option in my basket 🥴 Well done to everyone who managed to pick one up and thanks to all for the updates.

Exact same happened to me raging crashing on final part

• Advertisement

rahern wrote: »
    Exact same happened to me raging crashing on final part

We’ll get one the next time, I’m living in hope!

• Nah I couldn't. I'm not that desperate for it - I'm sure someone in your circle would be more deserving of it than me. I'm a spoiled brat, I have more than enough games and consoles to keep me occupied until they become more available.

I appreciate the offer, though. Thank you

There is no circle. If it makes someone xmas I don't care who it goes too.

Let me see what happens. What ever order comes first to me I will keep it and then the other is available at cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭vinny33

Can someone help me please, I was lucky enough to get the email confirmation from smyths,but I realised I don't have enough funds in my account until tomorrow, will this effect my reservation or can I pay when I go to collect it. I forgot that car insurance etc came out today but I've transferred funds into my account that should arrive tomorrow

GameStop: "We cannot confirm delivery of your console at present, however, it will not be this year."

Sigh.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,603 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

vinny33 wrote: »
    Can someone help me please, I was lucky enough to get the email confirmation from smyths,but I realised I don't have enough funds in my account until tomorrow, will this effect my reservation or can I pay when I go to collect it. I forgot that car insurance etc came out today but I've transferred funds into my account that should arrive tomorrow

You won't pay until closer the time you collect, it could be the first day of collection or even the day before when they process it

Let me see what happens. What ever order comes first to me I will keep it and then the other is available at cost.

Which one is it? I'd be leaning towards a disc one.

I won't push you, if someone comes up in front of me who has a child who asked for one, for God's sake sell it to them instead lol

• Which one is it? I'd be leaning towards a disc one.

I won't push you, if someone comes up in front of me who has a child who asked for one, for God's sake sell it to them instead lol

They are both disk. As I said let's see what arrives to me and will go from there. One is in limbo in a warehouse for 2 weeks so not sure what arrives first.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭tailgunner

Got lucky with a Smyths pre-order tonight, thanks for all the updates. Best of luck to everyone still on the lookout, hope there's more stock available over the next few days!

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭vinny33

Kimbot wrote: »
    You won't pay until closer the time you collect, it could be the first day of collection or even the day before when they process it

Thanks Kimbot, got the fright of my life when I checked the bank balance and realised all the subscriptions, insurance came out today, it'll be my luck that I get a message from smyths saying insufficient funds so hard luck 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭lolokeogh

good on ya,same as meself,if my order comes early and someone else has an order thats arriving after santa comes ill swap..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭rahern

Lynch90 wrote:
    We’ll get one the next time, I’m living in hope!

Same here as have missed Smyth's, Amazon and Harvey Norman today

Any pre orders going love tonight?

They are both disk. As I said let's see what arrives to me and will go from there. One is in limbo in a warehouse for 2 weeks so not sure what arrives first.

Ah yeah sure there's no need to rush around impatiently. For argument's sake though I have to mention I do not drive and I'm probably nowhere near you :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

I feel slightly less depressed seeing that the time between "it's up, go NOW!" and "site's crashed" posts was 4 minutes.

jaykhunter wrote: »
    I feel slightly less depressed seeing that the time between "it's up, go NOW!" and "site's crashed" posts was 4 minutes.

Well, me seeing Sting return to TNT was worth missing that car crash by the looks of it :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,603 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

vinny33 wrote: »
    Thanks Kimbot, got the fright of my life when I checked the bank balance and realised all the subscriptions, insurance came out today, it'll be my luck that I get a message from smyths saying insufficient funds so hard luck 😂

If your card was declined when they go to payment then they give you 24 hours to update your payment details before order is cancelled

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Logic

Ah yeah sure there's no need to rush around impatiently. For argument's sake though I have to mention I do not drive and I'm probably nowhere near you :pac:

If he's around Dublin and you're still in Waterford or Kilkenny, I can pick it up for you when I'm up there. I used to play Nightowls with you so that's no hassle at all. If it comes to fruition I'll pm you who I am.

rahern wrote: »
    Same here as have missed Smyth's, Amazon and Harvey Norman today

January is another month, for me it’s a gift for someone thankfully not on a Santa list, that would be way worse

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Jean15963

If anyone has a spare disc console I would greatly appreciate it its for Santa, got payment details entered on smyths tonight and then the page just hung

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 DMOL50

Anyone have a 'pending card authorization request' on revolut but never received a confirmation email from smyths?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement