Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 Stock Updates - *READ FIRST POST*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

I'm not despondent yet!

– It's still early December, even if the pre-orders today were for the stock confirmed up until Dec. 18th (pre-christmas week)

– There will still be another tranche of consoles available to retailers, that they can't "see" yet, from 18th-24th

– Amazon, and other massive retailers, will have more consoles on a rolling daily basis (though the demand on those will increase as UK/I retailers like Smyths and GameStop stop pre-orders)

– A lot of people got a PS5 today and this week – demand isn't the same as at was yesterday, and won't be tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

If he's around Dublin and you're still in Waterford or Kilkenny, I can pick it up for you when I'm up there. I used to play Nightowls with you so that's no hassle at all. If it comes to fruition I'll pm you who I am.

There's a throwback, those were fun times. I'm in Kilkenny for the record lad.

We'll cross that bridge when it comes though I don't wanna put pressure on anyone :o

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭bonzothebuzz

Bluesquare wrote: »
    Exact same thing happened to me - checked my credit card and have a pending payment .

I dont have a pending payment!

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭rahern

Lynch90 wrote:
    January is another month, for me it’s a gift for someone thankfully not on a Santa list, that would be way worse

Santa list for me so am still hopeful of more stock somewhere of disc version

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Lynch90

rahern wrote: »
    Santa list for me so am still hopeful of more stock somewhere of disc version

Wishing you the best of luck!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Demios

So close and yet so far.

I figure Argos/Tesco and other online websites are the only hope now prior to Christmas

Smyth's seemed to have sold their pre Christmas stock tonight. GameStop surely too.

I hope there won't be too many parents stressed out over all this. It's been a tough enough year already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

will there be any ps5 out tonight?

Doubt it.

Smyths are definitely out of the question. I have no idea what argos are doing. Their website is so intermittent.

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭circos

Doubt it.

Smyths are definitely out of the question. I have no idea what argos are doing. Their website is so intermittent.
    Weirdly I can reserve a disk one for Liffey valley and it sends me an email but no reservation number...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Demios wrote: »
    So close and yet so far.

I figure Argos/Tesco and other online websites are the only hope now prior to Christmas

Smyth's seemed to have sold their pre Christmas stock tonight. GameStop surely too.

I hope there won't be too many parents stressed out over all this. It's been a tough enough year already.
    Someone mentioned earlier today that Tesco aren't expected to have stock until the new year, think it was February mentioned.

circos wrote: »
    Weirdly I can reserve a disk one for Liffey valley and it sends me an email but no reservation number...

It was doing that all day yesterday.

• Advertisement

It was doing that all day yesterday.
    Just teasing us..

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭Thewife

If anyone has argos reservation they aren’t using anywhere in the country it doesn’t matter where can you PLEASEEEEE keep me in mind ðŸ™ðŸ» Nervous breakdown is imminent 🀦ðŸ»*♀️

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭zep

circos wrote: »

Pointless, without a reservation code it's not a reservation.
    The final page actually says out of stock

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭wpisdu

I'm afraid there will be no more stock in the coming days if any before Christmas. Smyths preorders are due on the 18th, Tesco won't have more, HN pre-orders from today due on the 11th ... Amazon.co.uk is the best shot I guess.

zep wrote: »
    Pointless, without a reservation code it's not a reservation.
    The final page actually says out of stock

Yeah I gathered that. Hopes were raised and dashed very quickly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

Should I as an adult feel guilty having snagged one for myself in Argos which means some little Timmy somewhere might miss out from Santa?

mutley18 wrote: »
    Should I as an adult feel guilty having snagged one for myself in Argos which means some little Timmy somewhere might miss out from Santa?

I feel terrible for parents.

I was lucky enough to get two PS5 in smyths initial launch and tesco. I ended up giving up them away to family members. It's complete luck tbh. Right place at right time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

hopefully there will be stock tonight

Both Harvey norman and Smyths saying no more stock till 2021 on their websites.

Outlets that have said they won't have anymore stock before January:

- GameStop
    - Harvey Norman
    - Smyths

Does anyone know about Argos?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 radarjump

Argos UK site has an error page - might mean it's being updated. Does anyone know what's needed to order there from Ireland on the off chance that there is PS5 stock dropping there?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 46 gaelar29

radarjump wrote: »
    Argos UK site has an error page - might mean it's being updated. Does anyone know what's needed to order there from Ireland on the off chance that there is PS5 stock dropping there?

Am watching same in hope...

The entire Argos UK website is down (at the time of posting)

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭cizolin

Digital is currently down on Argos.ie...might be leading somewhere

Edit: same with disc

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭neon123

What’s the Argos catalog code ?

cizolin wrote: »
    Digital is currently down on Argos.ie...might be leading somewhere

Edit: same with disc

That’s been down all day

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭cizolin

Apologies, didn't realise

• Registered Users Posts: 14 radarjump

neon123 wrote: »
    What’s the Argos catalog code ?
    The Irish ones are: 8349024 (Digital) & 8349000 (Console). I'm assuming the UK codes will be the same...

• Registered Users Posts: 3 guccisadio

Still trying to get a digital since last night, they didn’t stock them last night so maybe they will tonight at the same time as last nights disc edition?

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Bloc Party!

Has the digital been on sale in Argos at all?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

Yeah **** this misery lads, I'm happy with my Pro for now, I didn't even want one I just got sucked into the hype.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement