Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 Stock Updates - *READ FIRST POST*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

No luck on argos UK it seems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

sugarman wrote: »
    Nah, kids these days are spoilt rotten.

Growing up all we could do is a dream of owning a lunch console, everyone would chance their arm asking for one but absolutely nobody got one. Between stock shortages pre internet shopping days and the cost it was just a no go and we all accepted that.

We were often told santy ran out / couldnt get any in stock etc.. if we even dared ask and that was that.

My Mothers friend was complaining how she HAD to get 3 PlayStation 5's there because her kids wouldnt be able to share! ...and she got them them too! :eek:

That is crazy! Kids these days dont know how good they have got it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ozmo

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    Yeah **** this misery lads, I'm happy with my Pro for now, I didn't even want one I just got sucked into the hype.

Without any decent games out yet - you are probably better off - and get a package deal with included game in new year.

We had only ps3 - so it was a huge improvement for us - but we are only playing ps4 games so far on it from Play Station+. The games are quite pricey at ~80 euros a pop!

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users Posts: 30 therealdog

Thanks for the Smyths scope, i was able to get myself a disc version. quick question though, i put in my payment details when i checked out, got all the emails but when i go into my pre orders on my account and check the payment details there are none there. does smyths take payment before you collect or only when you collect? cheers

If you click 'edit payment card' after going into your order in order history it will give you a blank form to put in new details. Click 'Hi bonzothebuzz' at the top beside basket and then click payment details in the drop down menu and you will see your card details

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭BalboBiggins

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    Yeah **** this misery lads, I'm happy with my Pro for now, I didn't even want one I just got sucked into the hype.

I thought you had a ps5 already and sold it at cost price? As I said at the time, typical attention seeking nonsense from you :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,299 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

sugarman wrote: »
    Nah, kids these days are spoilt rotten.

Growing up all we could do is a dream of owning a lunch console, everyone would chance their arm asking for one but absolutely nobody got one. Between stock shortages pre internet shopping days and the cost it was just a no go and we all accepted that.

We were often told santy ran out / couldnt get any in stock etc.. if we even dared ask and that was that.

My Mothers friend was complaining how she HAD to get 3 PlayStation 5's there because her kids wouldnt be able to share! ...and she got them them too! :eek:

Anyone who can afford a 500 quid console before any games are bought for their kid's Christmas present isn't going to be the sob story this Christmas in a year where thousands have lost jobs, lives and the world has been upside down.

My parents did their best at Christmas but me and my brother had to do odd jobs around the house for months to pay to share a PS2 when growing up. Maybe that's why I turned into a tight bastard but sure, I learned the value of money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭chalkitdown1

Anyone else just get this email?

Screenshot-20201204-015628-Gmail.jpg

Note the time.

Gee, thanks Smyths!

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭undertaker fan 88

Anyone else just get this email?

Screenshot-20201204-015628-Gmail.jpg

Gee, thanks Smyths!

Bit late

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 388 ✭✭insert name here 123

Is anyone going to argos today to try collect with the reservation code received in email? *

*around page 300 of this thread a number of ps5 were available through argos site.

Bit late

Got mine at 1.39am...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭baalad

Is anyone going to argos today to try collect with the reservation code received in email? *

*around page 300 of this thread a number of ps5 were available through argos site.

I got a reservation number but says ready to collect between the 5th and 7th and that they will text me again when it arrives in store.

I am tempted to pop in tomorrow today though as i was informed that most shops received delivery of them yesterday / today!

baalad wrote: »
    I got a reservation number but says ready to collect between the 5th and 7th and that they will text me again when it arrives in store.

I am tempted to pop in tomorrow today though as i was informed that most shops received delivery of them yesterday / today!

If you do go in, let us know how you get on ðŸ‘

• Registered Users Posts: 19 robson7

they are on argos.co.uk now

argos.co.uk - go go

confirmation e-mail received

disk and digital versions - both available on argos.co.uk

• Registered Users Posts: 3 guccisadio

Wonder will Argos.ie release any?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 67 ✭✭BABYDOLL

robson7 wrote: »

How do you collect them though?

BABYDOLL wrote: »
    How do you collect them though?

I got mine delivered to my parcelmotel address - delivery scheduled for this saturday 5th dec

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 67 ✭✭BABYDOLL

I got mine delivered to my parcelmotel address - delivery scheduled for this saturday 5th dec

Forgot about parcelmotel.. by the time I sorted addresspal they were gone ðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭Wolfgang Megahertz

Can't add to basket. I don't one. Trying to nab for people who do. 🎅

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭sasta le

How you do that?What store you pick?

BABYDOLL wrote: »
    Forgot about parcelmotel.. by the time I sorted addresspal they were gone ðŸ˜

gone for delivery but they are still available for collection in belfast if you know anyone up north

I have Parcel Motel what i do?They take a irish umber and card?

sasta le wrote: »
    How you do that?What store you pick?

can't remember which store but when I went in after I ordered there was no delivery option, only collection. Looks like they are gone now

gone for delivery but they are still available for collection in belfast if you know anyone up north

Link please

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 72 ✭✭DaveR1000

Just got through on argos.co.uk for collection in Enniskillen, order number is confirmed via txt, collection from Saturday so fingers crossed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,040 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

DaveR1000 wrote: »
    Just got through on argos.co.uk for collection in Enniskillen, order number is confirmed via txt, collection from Saturday so fingers crossed

Tried searching 8349000 but no use

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭bonzothebuzz

therealdog wrote: »
    If you click 'edit payment card' after going into your order in order history it will give you a blank form to put in new details. Click 'Hi bonzothebuzz' at the top beside basket and then click payment details in the drop down menu and you will see your card details

Thanks but there's no 'hi bonzothebuzz' when i do that, it's only there before i go into the update details and when i go into it there's no saved details for some reason, i'll ring them today to ask, cheers

STOCK IN ARGOS BLANCH RIGHT NOW....2 LEFT

Edit: gone :( So fast.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement