Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 Stock Updates - *READ FIRST POST*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭loughrey

lemonkey wrote: »
    Did a reserve code come on the email or follow by text? I got an email without a code.

A reserve text and email number confirmation

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 279 ✭✭lemonkey

Thanks - I've offered it to her if she still wants it. If not first person who messaged gets it.

You're a gent. She has been on here during so many stock releases with no outcome. It's for Santa too.

Berty wrote: »
    What exactly are you calling them about? Did you get a reservation code by email/text? Did it not say they would contact you to let you know when the item is ready for collection?

If you've not received that yet then why bother trying to ring them?

I'm contacting them as someone here just said that Argos told them that they have been sold out since yesterday and there's nothing showing on the system so we don't yet know if they will honour these reservations. My email didn't tell me to wait for an email to collect, it's saying it is available for collection up to tomorrow evening but as I have to travel 2 hours to get there, I need confirmation they actually have it in stock and can honour it when I arrive

• Registered Users Posts: 6 barryfitz1988

loughrey wrote: »
    Nobody is answering my branch when I call.

I was the same.... Sounds cheesy but keep trying.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭javagal

Hi guys. Currys are getting theres in tomorrow. Just got work off a friend who works there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 MrPoolDead

javagal wrote: »
    Hi guys. Currys are getting theres in tomorrow. Just got work off a friend who works there

Do you know what time?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 barryfitz1988

I'm contacting them as someone here just said that Argos told them that they have been sold out since yesterday and there's nothing showing on the system so we don't yet know if they will honour these reservations. My email didn't tell me to wait for an email to collect, it's saying it is available for collection up to tomorrow evening but as I have to travel 2 hours to get there, I need confirmation they actually have it in stock and can honour it when I arrive

Im in the exact same scenario so its good just to get some kind of clarity from a human not an automated bot

javagal wrote: »

Thanks javagal. Did he mention a specific time?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭ussrsoviet

if it puts your mind at ease, i got told my order wasnt successful yday morning when i ordered at 4.30am, then magically got a reservation number, nobody would answer my calls, but after a 5.5 hour round trip yday evening, i picked up my ps5 finally :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭Maxpfizer

They probably were sold out but reservations will be dropped back into the system if they are not collected so sometimes random ones will appear.

You might even have people returning ones they did collect and the staff will be giving those a check before putting them back in stock?

For example, there might be a customer who lives 2 hours away but in the end they decide not to bother. So that one will get dropped back into stock once the time limit expires. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

Is there any place that will take a pre-order for when they go back in stock. Don't need one for Christmas - truth be told, I'd prefer a kid getting one off Santa then me getting my hands on it this side of Christmas - but I'd be happy to put money down to guarantee getting on in the new year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Dubdude

Well what do you know, I managed to secure one on Argos just now, I'll admit when I was wrong lol. But I used a random email as I panicked, now I can't get any confirmation but I have my reservation number. It says I'll be able to collect it until tomorrow. I wonder if that means I can collect it today? I hope I'll be able to call them to confirm it.

you got a pre order and sold it to CEX wonder if you will do the same with this order?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭JDxtra

I would not be too concerned. If you have a reservation you are generally safe enough. Appreciate it is a long trip, but retailers are busy and someone ringing phone may not be a priority.

MrPoolDead wrote: »
    Do you know what time?

Ill try find out

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Anderson11

quick question, just got a reservation from argos collection tomorrow till Monday but is it true i could be collected today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Anderson11 wrote: »
    quick question, just got a reservation from argos collection tomorrow till Monday but is it true i could be collected today

No. You should get a text tomorrow to say it's available for collection.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Buddha21

Officially giving up now, reduced to tears this morning. Not good for the head at all, the first year I won't be able to get my son his present and he gave up his birthday present a couple of months ago to wait for the ps5 for Xmas because he knows how expensive it it, I'd do anything to get him one. If anyone ends up with an extra one or pre order anything please pm me, desperate is not the word right now, devastated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭ussrsoviet

did you place the order this morning or was the order back dated >?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

What did the Text say? Mine says "We will text you again when it arrives in store". If you have that then NO do not go to the store.

Buddha21 wrote: »
    Officially giving up now, reduced to tears this morning. Not good for the head at all, the first year I won't be able to get my son his present and he gave up his birthday present a couple of months ago to wait for the ps5 for Xmas because he knows how expensive it it, I'd do anything to get him one. If anyone ends up with an extra one or pre order anything please pm me, desperate is not the word right now, devastated.

It'll be more torment but hold tough. Someone just posted Curry's have stock for tomorrow.

DID, Tesco.ie and Power City all still to drop stock.

It's been 2 full weeks since the launch day stock was released. I also wouldn't be surprised if another lot of stock was released from all outlets the week before Christmas given it's more than 2 full weeks away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 MrPoolDead

which store? I tried them all and can't get a reservation at all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,151 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

Argos still haven't released their digital stock, Currys and Tesco also will get more in id say, and as always keep an eye on amazon. I have secured mine but still keeping an eye out for friends etc so will PM you if I see anything else

The UK customer service have told me that a lot of people were given reservation numbers in error and will be getting text message cancellations. If you didn't give them a mobile number you don't get the text so won't know if yours was cancelled or not as they won't be emailing. She read out the message they were given by headquaters. Pretty lame of Argos I can't get through to my actual branch and they won't even answer for the Argos UK team. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Anderson11

Berty wrote: »
    What did the Text say? Mine says "We will text you again when it arrives in store". If you have that then NO do not go to the store.

ye, but i read one or two went down before 2nd email wanted to double check

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Kremin

Would digital do your son or is he only interested in disc ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 jksb1989

Hi, do you know if Curry's had the digital version in previous drops? Can't find the answer online. Am hoping digital drops might happen in the coming days as they haven't been as frequent as disc edition

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Dubdude

The UK customer service have told me that a lot of people were given reservation numbers in error and will be getting text message cancellations. If you didn't give them a mobile number you don't get the text so won't know if yours was cancelled or not as they won't be emailing. She read out the message they were given by headquaters. Pretty lame of Argos I can't get through to my actual branch and they won't even answer for the Argos UK team. :(

Pretty lame of you to sell your first order to CEX

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭neon123

If anyone has a digital version they don’t want feel free to PM me !

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Buddha21

Kremin wrote: »
    Would digital do your son or is he only interested in disc ?

Its digital he wants.

• Advertisement

He said he thinks 11 or 12. But i dont think he knows for sure

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement