Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 Stock Updates - *READ FIRST POST*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭loughrey

Dubdude wrote: »
    Pretty lame of you to sell your first order to CEX

I was going to as I needed the money but ended up just cancelling at the last minute. Some people here wanted it but I didn't want the hassle of that. Just let it go to the next in line.

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭Messi19

Lads can you all just lay off the begging

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 jksb1989

Buddha21 wrote: »
    Its digital he wants.

I hope you get sorted! I'm looking for my little cousin whose Dad passed away 6 weeks ago. Santa lists weren't on our radar when the first preorder happened as he was so sick. Hopefully will get sorted and Christmas can be a little bit better. Your son sounds like a lovely boy, not many kids would appreciate the cost of presents

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

loughrey wrote: »
    The UK customer service have told me that a lot of people were given reservation numbers in error and will be getting text message cancellations. If you didn't give them a mobile number you don't get the text so won't know if yours was cancelled or not as they won't be emailing. She read out the message they were given by headquaters. Pretty lame of Argos I can't get through to my actual branch and they won't even answer for the Argos UK team. :(

Contacted Argos had a reservation code from 1:30 reservations when it went live and the women said it looked legitimate order, so I will get a text to collect, but she gave the final day on potential pick up.

But she wouldn't guarantee it. She also mentioned people wrecking her head with no reservation code��

So even though I got a code from the first, may not actually get anything if no further text.

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭teachinggal123

I was going to as I needed the money but ended up just cancelling at the last minute. Some people here wanted it but I didn't want the hassle of that. Just let it go to the next in line.

Take your personal information down dude.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Kremin

Its digital he wants.

I can get you a HN preorder link if you want it as the person it was for secured it elsewhere, was going to let it expire but I'd rather someone who wants it have it :) PM me if interested, you would have to pay and arrange delivery for it yourself but if you're comfortable with that let me know!

Edit: it's gone in case anyone else is considering pming me sorry, good luck to everyone else tryna get one!

Argos still haven't released their digital stock, Currys and Tesco also will get more in id say, and as always keep an eye on amazon. I have secured mine but still keeping an eye out for friends etc so will PM you if I see anything else

I've been monitoring it, and twice I have seen digital PS5's come into stock for Argos, and then go straight away. This is only the ones I've caught as well. I'm thinking maybe they're just putting them on the system for staff to take before they release properly to the public?

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭bonzothebuzz

Its digital he wants.

Sent a message there, have a digital one from HN

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭RVN10

Kremin wrote: »
    I can get you a HN preorder link if you want it as the person it was for secured it elsewhere, was going to let it expire but I'd rather someone who wants it have it :) PM me if interested, you would have to pay and arrange delivery for it yourself but if you're comfortable with that let me know!

Fair play Kremin

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

Somebody pm jksb1989 if you have a spare code and make sure he gets sorted.

• Advertisement

JamboMac wrote: »
    Contacted Argos had a reservation code from 1:30 reservations when it went live and the women said it looked legitimate order, so I will get a text to collect, but she gave the final day on potential pick up.

But she wouldn't guarantee it. She also mentioned people wrecking her head with no reservation code��

So even though I got a code from the first, may not actually get anything if no further text.

That's what I've been told as well but as I only used an email address I can't get the text. Beyond me why they won't send both a text and an email, or an email if you only used an email address. Argos handled this terribly

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Buddha21

Sent a message there, have a digital one from HN

Just pmd you.

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Kremin

Just pmd you.

Sent you mine there :) Enjoy

• Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

jksb1989 wrote: »
    I hope you get sorted! I'm looking for my little cousin whose Dad passed away 6 weeks ago. Santa lists weren't on our radar when the first preorder happened as he was so sick. Hopefully will get sorted and Christmas can be a little bit better. Your son sounds like a lovely boy, not many kids would appreciate the cost of presents

Hi,

I'm so sorry to hear that.

I have a reserve code for Argos. PM me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,912 ✭✭✭JDxtra

In all the years I've shopped with them I've always got a text and email. With this product, no text means the order did not go through (reservation number will be missing from email too).

In fairness to Argos, I think they are doing their best. They are getting stock and releasing it in small batches. Remember they are fighting against scalpers too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 MrSonofabeech

I'm not saying the lads with sons and nephews aren't genuine but having that type of story be rewarded is open to unscrupulous people making stories up on here.

I'm looking for a PS5 stock info on this thread, not a sob story no offense to anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

I'm not saying the lads with sons and nephews aren't genuine but having that type of story be rewarded is open to unscrupulous people making stories up on here.

I'm looking for a PS5 stock info on this thread, not a sob story no offense to anyone.

Happy Christmas Mr Scrooge

• Registered Users Posts: 13 CiaraH27

Guys if anyone has a digital code and don't need it, it would be much appreciated, trying for 3 days straight here trying to get a digital for the bf which is next to impossible since people who want the disc are buying it instead! Missed out on every single drop so far, I'm. really not good at this! praying for curries to release the digital one tomorrow otherwise I'm screwed!

Yours sincerely,

A very desperate girlfriend

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭vinny33

so now that i have secured a PS5 digital for my friend, you should've seen her face it was worth it.

I have been asked to locate another one for another family who aren't tech savvy. I thought I was finished with this, I should really learn to say no.

So if anyone is looking to give away codes, consoles or even their souls, will you let me know. I don't mind travelling and I am more than happy to be the driver if someone needs it.

Now Argos are saying all the stock released last night was in error and all customers will be informed throughout the day. Any customers who got to collect it got lucky. The girl read a message from headquarters to me. So I'm pretty confused. How many people actually got to collect it from an Argos store? Right now they're saying that customers who reserved them are not supposed to get them, including those last night

• Advertisement

Does anyone know if the HN purchase is tied to your email address or if you can just send it to another person?

• Registered Users Posts: 48 mazzybabsxx

Tesco's are ringing around with orders that were cancelled . Just got a phone call and missed it. If I get it I will definitely sell at cost disk version based Waterford.keep the faith

• Registered Users Posts: 17 RedDevil123

Now Argos are saying all the stock released last night was in error and all customers will be informed throughout the day. Any customers who got to collect it got lucky. The girl read a message from headquarters to me. So I'm pretty confused. How many people actually got to collect it from an Argos store? Right now they're saying that customers who reserved them are not supposed to get them, including those last night

So anyone that got one with argos is going to be cancelled?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 MrSonofabeech

Happy Christmas Mr Scrooge

I'm not trying to deny people trying to help out their kids, my brother is in the same predicament. But can't we do that in another thread?

So anyone that got one with argos is going to be cancelled?

That's what the the girl on the main customer service read out to me. It mentioned in the memo they got that they were released in error last night and that all customers will be informed by text message but you'll only be informed if you gave them a phone number. They'll be doing it throughout the day. You'd think they'd release some social media statement or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Buddha21

Does anyone know if the HN purchase is tied to your email address or if you can just send it to another person?

I was able to put in my own email and contact details.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭lemonkey

Bolded: So they obviously do have stock?

Does anyone know if @thewife got sorted, sent a PM and have someone else interested

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Tighere

Tesco's are ringing around with orders that were cancelled . Just got a phone call and missed it. If I get it I will definitely sell at cost disk version based Waterford.keep the faith

I'm based in Waterford and would be eternally grateful it if you had it going spare

• Advertisement

lemonkey wrote: »
    Bolded: So they obviously do have stock?

That's what I questioned and the fork said it's likely they'll go on sale again once they can confirm stock availability but she didn't know. I wish this memo wax published to customers. Has anyone received the infamous text of doom they're talking about yet?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement