Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 Stock Updates - *READ FIRST POST*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Yes go and collect it. You don't seem to be able to grasp how a reserve system works.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Argos ask for a mobile number when reserving anything on their site.

you don't have to give one though, an email is the only requirement

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭baalad

loughrey wrote: »
    What does your email say? Mine says it's reserved until the end of day tomorrow, I'm assuming that means it's ready to collect now? When I ordered it said there was 4 in stock. Though because they just popped up after they had sold out everywhere in worried it may just be a system glitch

My email contains the description of what i have reserved. The reservation number and states collection between the 5th and 7th and that they will text me when stock arrives at my particular store

RossieMan wrote: »
    Yes go and collect it. You don't seem to be able to grasp how a reserve system works.

lol

Folks it's very simple.

If you have received a reservation code you WILL get a console. How are people not understanding this?

If you got an email with no reservation code you WILL NOT get a console.

If you received a text with a code, wait for a second text to confirm it is in stock for you to pick up. You WILL get your console.

It's not that simple. I went into an Argos to get a Series X a couple of weeks ago, with a reservation, and when I put it into the kiosk it said unable to find item. I went to the counter, and was told that it was reserved in error. There is a small chance this could happen to someone else.

Also, you can only have one PS5 per person. Even if you're collecting for someone else, they won't give you a second one. My Mrs saw a guy most upset this morning, because they wouldn't let him take two. Apparently the second item got cancelled off and will reappear tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭olestoepoke

RossieMan wrote: »

Calm down fella, no need to be abrupt with people.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭dan786

Basil3 wrote: »
    It's not that simple. I went into an Argos to get a Series X a couple of weeks ago, with a reservation, and when I put it into the kiosk it said unable to find item. I went to the counter, and was told that it was reserved in error. There is a small chance this could happen to someone else.

Also, you can only have one PS5 per person. Even if you're collecting for someone else, they won't give you a second one. My Mrs saw a guy most upset this morning, because they wouldn't let him take two. Apparently the second item got cancelled off and will reappear tomorrow.

I never understood the Argos 1 per person rule. Yes they can say no at the till but what is stopping you going to self service and buying an many as you like? Once you have paid for it they have to give it to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭javagal

jksb1989 wrote: »
    Hi, do you know if Curry's had the digital version in previous drops? Can't find the answer online. Am hoping digital drops might happen in the coming days as they haven't been as frequent as disc edition

Currys naas will have both tomorrow in store at 11 or 12

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭applejunkie

I reserved one yesterday morning for collection straight away. I went to the store with just my email with the reservation code on it ( wouldn't work on the kiosk) and got it there and then. I didnt get the collection text until I was paying for it so I think the text is sent from the store .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭atr2002

baalad wrote: »
    So basically Argos got stock but it was an error to allow them to be reserved because they don't want to sell them. They want to keep them sitting on the shelves??

If they have stock and you have a reservation number then you will be sorted. Trust me.

How or why they would get stock and then say oh sorry but you werent supposed to reserve one so we are gonna cancel your reservation and give it to someone else.

To try and combat the bots buying up everything in seconds

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭lemonkey

javagal wrote: »
    Currys naas will have both tomorrow in store at 11 or 12

Thanks. You hardly know if there are any online for click & collect?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,912 ✭✭✭JDxtra

dan786 wrote: »
    I never understood the Argos 1 per person rule. Yes they can say no at the till but what is stopping you going to self service and buying an many as you like? Once you have paid for it they have to give it to you.

Stock is scare, one per person is a fair rule. It also stops people buying multiples who may have the intention of reselling.

My gf was informed that having the reservation number alone is not enough. You need to show the actual text / email received!

Maybe this is to ensure the person that placed the order gets the console and they don't want others collecting on their behalf??

Or perhaps this is to stop people selling their reservation numbers??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭dan786

JDxtra wrote: »
    Stock is scare, one per person is a fair rule. It also stops people buying multiples who may have the intention of reselling.

I am not disputing the rule, I agree with it. I don't see how they can strictly implement it. Thats what my post meant.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

Doodah7 wrote: »
    This needs to be stickied because the amount of people who can't grasp something so simple is mind-boggling.

I think everyone understands this, but if you call customer care and they aren't as willing to guarantee as you are then you have doubts.

I have a text and email with code that I got Thursday morning at 01:30 the first potential collection day is in a few days. So why she said it would be available on the final date they gave me, but I have wait for ready for collection or else it isn't legitimate.

So it's hard to say I'm confident, I know someone got one for this location also pm'd to them last night. So see if they get any other update. Think it was mod, can't remember who exactly.

lemonkey wrote: »

Unlikely. With the recent batch of X boxes in Currys, it was not listed online at all. It's one way to beat the bots!

lemonkey wrote: »

Not sure. Its my cousin who works there. Worth the try. Id say its all currys

• Registered Users Posts: 13 CiaraH27

So apart from Currys tomorrow is there any others I should be looking out for that have yet to drop their stock (particularly the digital one), got a LW confirmation yesterday but think it might have been too good to be true after all since receiving a very vague generic cancellation email! Typical since that was the only one I managed to get my hands on :/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Tinder Surprise

I got a shed load of Argos reservation emails but no texts.

I'm guessing they're useless, yea?

You could try selling them on eBay?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭loughrey

That's exactly what the customer rep's memo seems to be saying, that people got a reservation text code in error and that doesn't mean there is one waiting for you. It seems Argos system isn't built for these kinds of high demand preorders and glitch out. Until you see it in in front of you I'm taking it with a grain of salt as it's not a typical reservation.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

That's exactly what the customer rep's memo seems to be saying, that people got a reservation text code in error and that doesn't mean there is one waiting for you. It seems Argos system isn't built for these kinds of high demand preorders and glitch out. Until you see it in in front of you I'm taking it with a grain of salt as it's not a typical reservation.

I'm in Limerick later, if you want I can try your reservation code and let you know how I get on......

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭insert name here 123

My experience. My day to collect the ps5 is tomorrow in argos. Spoke in person to manager of local asgos.

You need to have the text message and the email. They can't guarantee you will get one but he said its rare that if you DO have a reservation code you will get it. How others have gotten there's already I don't know..

CiaraH27 wrote: »
    So apart from Currys tomorrow is there any others I should be looking out for that have yet to drop their stock (particularly the digital one), got a LW confirmation yesterday but think it might have been too good to be true after all since receiving a very vague generic cancellation email! Typical since that was the only one I managed to get my hands on :/
    Your Lw got cancelled? I cancelled mine but I seen on twitter that if you got a confirmation amd it shows in your orders, then it would be dispatched

Usless without an actual reservation number in the email.

My experience. My day to collect the ps5 is tomorrow in argos. Spoke in person to manager of local asgos.

You need to have the text message and the email. They can't guarantee you will get one but he said its rare that if you DO have a reservation code you will get it. How others have gotten there's already I don't know..

It appears some were in stock and available for collection today.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭loughrey

I finally got through to Limerick and they confirmed it's sitting there waiting for my right now to collect so I can go right now for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭utyh2ikcq9z76b

baalad wrote: »
    My gf was informed that having the reservation number alone is not enough. You need to show the actual text / email received!

Maybe this is to ensure the person that placed the order gets the console and they don't want others collecting on their behalf??

Or perhaps this is to stop people selling their reservation numbers??

You can just go to the self service and put in the code

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Bart22

I finally got through to Limerick and they confirmed it's sitting there waiting for my right now to collect so I can go right now for it.

child roads?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

My offer to check for you still stands

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement