Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 Stock Updates - *READ FIRST POST*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭Messi19

Tesco just rang me. Said they have one for me lol

Did you have a launch one cancelled?

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭baalad

I am paranoid now. I just chatted to my gf in full about her encounter in Argos and as stated above, She was told they do not have stock today but that i should receive a text tomorrow to collect and that there should be no issues once i have the reservation number .

However, She wrote the reservation number down on a piece of paper when checking the sytem. What's to stop her from bagging this for herself now?

• Messi19 wrote: »
    Did you have a launch one cancelled?

Yes and got a 30 euro voucher originally

• If you have one going spare id appreciate one for a santy present for a nine year old.

No bother. Gamer boy is first dibs but I might actually end up with 3. Need to wait till I get my own in my hands first

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭lemonkey

Yes and got a 30 euro voucher originally

Slab of cans and a PS5, niiiiceeeee.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,912 ✭✭✭JDxtra

loughrey wrote: »
    I finally got through to Limerick and they confirmed it's sitting there waiting for my right now to collect so I can go right now for it.

OK, that's great. That news should hopefully reassure those with reservation numbers for collections today who may have been spooked.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 drandyt

Hi - I still have the digital one for you if you pm me back? Thanks
    Would love this If not taken.... will travel ANYWHERE to save Christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 5,567 ✭✭✭bennyl10

baalad wrote: »
    I am paranoid now. I just chatted to my gf in full about her encounter in Argos and as stated above, She was told they do not have stock today but that i should receive a text tomorrow to collect and that there should be no issues once i have the reservation number .

However, She wrote the reservation number down on a piece of paper when checking the sytem. What's to stop her from bagging this for herself now?

Not a lot. You haven’t paid for it yet. Just hope

This is always Argos policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭angelll

I have a friend searching the country looking for one for her son, popping on here to give her updates, limerick area but will travel. Have dissuaded her from spending mad money on ebay, for the moment anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭pj12332

Have had absolutely no luck. Can't get my hands on one. Been trying for weeks. Hopefully more get released somewhere. If anyone hears of any codes knocking about please do let me know. I'll travel anywhere to get this for nephew.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,912 ✭✭✭JDxtra

angelll wrote: »
    I have a friend searching the country looking for one for her son, popping on here to give her updates, limerick area but will travel. Have dissuaded her from spending mad money on ebay, for the moment anyway!

I hope nobody buys one on eBay, prepare to be fleeced and potentially even end up with just an empty PS5 box.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 ChezzaC

No bother. Gamer boy is first dibs but I might actually end up with 3. Need to wait till I get my own in my hands first

Ill take one if you get 3 its also for santy for my boy

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Jojo13345

Please if anyone could help me or point me in direction of a Digital Ps I will be forever grateful! I’m willing to pay some sort of a finders fee! Would help save Christmas!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭angelll

JDxtra wrote: »
    I hope nobody buys one on eBay, prepare to be fleeced and potentially even end up with just an empty PS5 box.

That's what i said to her! And if it does arrive and is faulty, no come back.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 AddieCroke

T.Hankz if you have 3 on hold can I buy one off you for my son from Santa also please

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Jabbasolo

Hi everybody,

Great thread, thanks for posting all your info here. I like many others have been trying hard to get a PS5 but no luck yet. I see some people here have managed to secure more than one console/preorder. I am Galway based but willing to travel anywhere in the country. If anyone has a spare reservation for disc or digital console or would sell a spare console to me you would make me very happy.

Please let me know :)

Thank you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 jksb1989

GAME UK have a queue system for bundles. No mention of delivery date though

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭zep

So many first time posters coming here looking for codes.
    The thread is about stock, not a begging zone

• zep wrote: »

Partially my fault. Sorry folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭baalad

To those that haven't got one yet! I cannot promise you will get one before xmas but i honestly believe that ALOT of people have bought these consoles with no interest in keeping them. They simply saw the money they are fetching and bought them to sell on. Yes some people are dumb enough to pay the money but alot of people wont pay double the price and there will be sellers that get stuck with them and will likely have no choice but to let them go for cost sooner or later.

Not everyone will get one for xmas but i wouldnt give up hope. I think there will be alot of them for sale in the coming weeks privately and if everyone holds out and refuses to pay what some of these people are asking for, they may have no choice but to let them go cheaper in order to get their money back before xmas!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭olestoepoke

zep wrote: »

Sure a scalper could come in and write whatever they want

Partially my fault. Sorry folks.

That's no bother, it's great for you to offer to help out.
    But people just dropping on 1st post is to ask for a code is annoying.

Sure a scalper could come in and write whatever they want

Yeah, they have no problem making us a sob story looking for a code :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭pj12332

Rang Curry's customer service. Their information is mid December they might be getting some in. She said she has heard absolutely nothing about tomorrow at 11. But sure don't know who to believe at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

The amount of fake sob stories in here is absolutely hilarious, have a look at the post history of some of these people haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 MrPoolDead

I have a PS5 disc in my basket with GAME UK. Delivery the 24th but add a few days for address pal It's a bundle and it's £660 which is a bit too pricey

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭loughrey

Lots of people are messaging me begging me to give it to them for their kids. I only have the one for my family so have no extras

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Jojo13345

pj12332 wrote: »
    Rang Curry's customer service. Their information is mid December they might be getting some in. She said she has heard absolutely nothing about tomorrow at 11. But sure don't know who to believe at this stage.

Was onto a friend who works in curry’s and said he asked his manager and didn’t know anything about the restock tomorrow morning!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,877 ✭✭✭jj880

The raffles annoy me even more than the scalpers. I see a raffle live from just after the smyths stock last night for 2 x digital ps5s. 5000 euro total when all tickets are sold. Scumbags.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 drandyt

MrPoolDead wrote: »
    I have a PS5 disc in my basket with GAME UK. Delivery the 24th but add a few days for address pal It's a bundle and it's £660 which is a bit too pricey
    I see a good bundle for £439 disc with few extras released 24th but its no good as it would be after Christmas, will try currys tomorrow hopefully

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement