Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 Stock Updates - *READ FIRST POST*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I was stuck for a while, I had to make an account, and then I went for click and collect, but it is delivery only, then I went for the 23.11 but it's only available from the 24.11...
    Each time I had to put it into my basket anew and hope the site didn't crash.
    But it didn't, and I got to the checkout and paid.
    I was then emailed the confirmation of the order and of the delivery slot.
    I'm still thinking they'll shaft me yet, with an apology and a refund, but this is likely to be as close to a PS5 as I'm likely to get.

Fingers crossed everyone else who wants one gets one.

Same but without the confirmation email :( Had to authorise the payment with my CC too...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Pipmae

Cloudio9 wrote: »
    I'd say Tesco will cancel orders pretty sharply if they don't ave them. Can you imagine Joe Duffy if they wait until day of delivery to cancel!

Given the amount of money I spend there every year, they better not cancel mine!

Karma was looking out for me (and the poster who posted about Tesco). I have one on the way to me from Smyths today but it's on a promise to a friend who missed out on a pre-order for a Santa gift. Mine was for the husband but he'd understand. I took a flier this morning to see if I'd get lucky with another one and I got an order with Tesco. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭skerry

Wondering did Tesco site actually have stock for a while and behave semi normally compared to the others as bot folks wouldn't have anticipated them having them

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭JohnnyJohnJohns

Penn wrote: »
    If Tesco are saying it's out of stock, that's oddly reassuring to me. At least they're not just letting it run into thousands of orders they can't keep.

Are you able to get into Tesco? I had one in the basket and selected delivery slot but site is down for me now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,878 ✭✭✭jj880

anyone got a direct link for HN checkout page?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭silvara

MuddyDog wrote: »
    Trying to do my weekly shop on Tesco at the same time....ffs lads

lol yeah for me to - need to finalise my weekly shop for tomorrow :p

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Mac B

For one ordered in Tesco fir collection on 24th. Thank you for the tip. We will be delighted if we get this,. I'm cautiously hopeful ðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Pipmae

Synode wrote: »
    Ah for feck sake. My OH rang Liffey Valley Tesco to see if they'll be honouring them and she asked was the card charged. We said no and she said no, they won't be honoured, it was a mistake :mad:

That's bollox - I grocery shop online all the time with Tesco and you're card is charged the morning before delivery if the delivery is book say up to about 2pm. If the delivery is booked for after that then the card is charged that morning.

I'm not saying if they will or will be honoured but the fact that charge wasn't put on the card yet isn't an indication.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,878 ✭✭✭jj880

I dont get why people are telling people who got a tesco order in they'll get nothin

smacks of sour grapes - well done anyone who gets an order through this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭dan786

Just think of the amount of staff Tesco have and I am sure every single one of them wants it for them or someone they know.....

Even if they do have them there will be some dodgy dealings inside and say that they oversold and had to cancel some

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭newport2

D3V!L wrote: »
    I had one in my basket and was getting a collection time in Tesco. Then got kicked off the site and now its down :(

I ordered from them last Christmas. They said something was in stock when it wasn't. They didn't answer phones or emails, I said never again. I eventually got my money returned by googling @did.ie emails from web and sending a complaint to all the staff I could find. Responded and refunded immediately then. The Review website was full of similar complaints

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭shamelessidiot

Know someone who used to work on Tesco Home Delivery, and he says the Tesco I ordered from don't even sell consoles anymore, so it's a bit mad that they managed to put it online for their whole website to crash.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Hopefully ye get them but I have my doubts, hope I'm wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭oleard1987

My sister just bought one on Littlewoods GO!GO!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,808 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Lads, Tesco wouldn't have put it for sale on their website, specifically for home delivery, specifically between certain days only, and email confirmation of the orders, if they didn't have at least some consoles.

We don't know how many they'll have or if some orders will be cancelled. Quit scaremongering.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Cben10

jj880 wrote: »
    I dont get why people are telling people who got a tesco order in they'll get nothin

Nothing to do with that in the slightest, just seems odd , it's actually the opposite I wouldn't say , I'm saying don't bank on it

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭sternn

Tesco back online - showing out of stock now.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭The___________

Did anyone actually manage to order one form HN?

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭Cyclonius

Just in case it's of any help folks, in giving an idea when stock might be available:

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/ps5-stock-where-to-buy-playstation-5

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭WhoElse

ShadyAcres wrote: »
    Tesco page: we are currently experiencing some difficulties. I had it past click and collect in Limerick then it crashed. Fair play to all who were lucky.

That's IF we are lucky - still a chance they oversubscribed orders and pulled it when they thought they were being DDoS attacked! :D

If that happened, only a subset of us will be lucky. Still, fingers crossed!

I hope you find one soon, I'd guess more stock may arrive before Christmas yet

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Synode wrote: »
    Ah for feck sake. My OH rang Liffey Valley Tesco to see if they'll be honouring them and she asked was the card charged. We said no and she said no, they won't be honoured, it was a mistake :mad:

**** sake

• Registered Users Posts: 7,643 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Think people are just skeptical given how Tesco's ordering system works and don't want people getting their hopes up unnecessarily.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭lemonkey

oleard1987 wrote: »
    My sister just bought one on Littlewoods GO!GO!

Link ? can't find it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,226 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

Is HN goosed for everyone now?

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭starburst87

Pipmae wrote: »
    That's bollox - I grocery shop online all the time with Tesco and you're card is charged the morning before delivery if the delivery is book say up to about 2pm. If the delivery is booked for after that then the card is charged that morning.

I'm not saying if they will or will be honoured but the fact that charge wasn't put on the card yet isn't an indication.

I second this, Tesco never take payment until the day before (for delivery slots up until lunch time) or the day of your delivery (for deliveries due in the afternoon)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Cben10 wrote: »
    Nothing to do with that in the slightest, just seems odd , it's actually the opposite I wouldn't say , I'm saying don't bank on it

I have an order number and all and im skeptical. Haven't been charged just card authorised.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭wpisdu

You know, the console was up for sale for half an hour like and this company is using a box of eggs as their maintenance page, it's not reassuring :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Nothing on Littlewoods.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭ReverseGiraffe

Is HN goosed for everyone now?

Haven't been able to get on there at all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭WhoElse

Did anyone actually manage to order one form HN?

I saw the page for the product load 1 time. I'm guessing we all slammed their site, and their web provider is not good at load balancing.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement