Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 Stock Updates - *READ FIRST POST*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22 irishps5fan!

lemonkey wrote: »
    Link ? can't find it

ME NETHER

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭shamelessidiot

I don't see how the Tesco thing can be a mistake considering they'd have to specifically code the 24th-27th thing into their site with how it wouldn't let people checkout if it was before then. Like they would've had to intentionally put this listing up with those parameters, surely?

Maybe it's from head office and the staff in stores just haven't heard anything yet? Maybe I'm being too optimistic. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭ShadyAcres

The Littlewoods liar *shakes fist!!

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Cmacc4

I JUST WANT A PLAYSTATION
    MY HEART CANT TAKE THIS MAN
    I WANNA RUN TO YOU

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

oleard1987 wrote: »
    My sister just bought one on Littlewoods GO!GO!

Don't see them there and have been checking

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭lemonkey

HN actually working for anyone? Error all morning for me bar loading once or twice just to crash.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

sternn wrote: »
    Tesco back online - showing out of stock now.

Good!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 dazzlersaviola

Got to checkout in HN 30 mins ago and won't load. This is worse than the time I was in an online queue for my folks to get Garth Brooks tickets

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭Ninthlife

For Sale

5 Error 20s
    2 Error 500s
    1 Tesco delivery slot

€1500 ono.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,927 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

xtravision must be taking a hammering as well. Can't even get the site to load!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Meanwhile on Facebook marketplace...

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭shamelessidiot

https://www.facebook.com/PowerCityltd/

Powercity Facebook page even down? Not sure how that works. They deactivated?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭Maxpfizer

Folks, as someone who used Tesco every week for myself before the Covid situation kicked off and who has been ordering on behalf of family since Covid kicked off, I can 100% confirm that you will not be charged until the day of your delivery.

Unless there is a specific difference for this specific product you will not be charged until your delivery/collection day.

On the other hand they often will allow you to order something that is not in stock when your delivery day rolls around.

I've complained to them about this before and my understanding is that the website will allow you to order if things are in stock at the time you are ordering. However, sometimes when they are picking your order they will not be able to find that product and will offer a replacement or refund.

So if you've ordered for collection or delivery next Tuesday then you very likely won't get any update until Tuesday morning.
    You will be charged and you'll get your order just fine as scheduled.
    OR you will not be charged because your order is cancelled.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,911 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

lemonkey wrote: »
    HN actually working for anyone? Error all morning for me bar loading once or twice just to crash.

IS it beginning to look like HN never had any ? :mad::(

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Cben10

No PlayStations in DID Drogheda , said they are sold out , I rang them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

For people that ordered from Tesco... They charge on the day of delivery. I'm a frequent online grocery shopper from their site.
    Pipmae wrote: »
    That's bollox - I grocery shop online all the time with Tesco and you're card is charged the morning before delivery if the delivery is book say up to about 2pm. If the delivery is booked for after that then the card is charged that morning.

I'm not saying if they will or will be honoured but the fact that charge wasn't put on the card yet isn't an indication.

I have a pending transaction on my BOI credit card. Does that mean anything?

Please, please, please let the store not be aware the Group had stock to shift and that's how they done it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Naked Lepper

just walked into xtra vision and picked one up at 10am no bother

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭jface187

Why would they lie? I think their site is just crashing with everyone trying to get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,226 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

Playing a fun game of "How many different error messages can I produce on the HN website?"

Up to 4, as it stands.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Koko_Jambon

Maxpfizer wrote: »
    Folks, as someone who used Tesco every week for myself before the Covid situation kicked off and who has been ordering on behalf of family since Covid kicked off, I can 100% confirm that you will not be charged until the day of your delivery.

Unless there is a specific difference for this specific product you will not be charged until your delivery/collection day.

On the other hand they often will allow you to order something that is not in stock when your delivery day rolls around.

I've complained to them about this before and my understanding is that the website will allow you to order if things are in stock at the time you are ordering. However, sometimes when they are picking your order they will not be able to find that product and will offer a replacement or refund.

So if you've ordered for collection or delivery next Tuesday then you very likely won't get any update until Tuesday morning.
    You will be charged and you'll get your order just fine as scheduled.
    OR you will not be charged because your order is cancelled.

Well said and I agree with every point made.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,808 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Either that or they took money from their website budget to buy in the consoles and now have no way of selling the f*cking things.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭dan786

Someone claiming they got it from HN today and selling

https://www.adverts.ie/22196165

• Registered Users Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭antimatterx

I was so ****ing close on Tesco. The site was running fine, I put my payment info in and then the confirmation took ages and timed out. Fuming.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭antor

Got one in Tescos , cheers Tescos poster

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭rainbow66666

Has anyone spoken with Tesco support since they got their order confirmation email? The rep I spoke with said it was a mistake that the Playstations went up and he honestly seemed completely clueless about the whole ordeal and that they "don't sell electrical items in store"? Wat?

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Cmacc4

Anyone any idea or hopeful of anywhere else that might sell one?
    I'm on a Gamestop waiting list but less said the better....They cant get me a bloody COD Blops game that came out last Friday, never mind a PS5

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭lemonkey

I was so ****ing close on Tesco. The site was running fine, I put my payment info in and then the confirmation took ages and timed out. Fuming.

Same man. I was on it seconds after it was posted here and still fecked me over. Yet, others posted several minutes after and managed to get one.

Luck of the draw I guess!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,911 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

jface187 wrote: »
    Why would they lie? I think their site is just crashing with everyone trying to get on.

I got in lots of times - and there was never an option to buy one.

They lied that it would be in store only.

• Meanwhile at Harvey Norman...

giphy.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Rigardo

So is this going to be a game of who's willing to persevere the longest? I assume these sites are down due to the high volume of traffic. As people give up, the die-hards will get an opportunity to buy?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement